GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster SHC

+3
mossbags
JimWexford
clash-of-da-ash
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leinster SHC Empty Leinster SHC

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Starts next weekend with Wexford vs Offaly and Laois vs Galway. I hope Galway will get a good reception in Leinster and the Laois crowd treat us well. Who ever avoids Kilkenny in the semi-final draw will have a great chance of making the final.

Wexford versus Offaly sees a repeat of the Division 2 final where Offaly defeated Wexford. Next weekend sees Dublin against Antrim. Antrim could surprise Dublin but I reckon Dublin will have too much for them. Expect a more exciting competition this year maybe even better than the Munster Championship.

Last edited by clash-of-da-ash on Mon May 25, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Leinster SHC Empty Re: Leinster SHC

Post  JimWexford Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Starts next weekend with Wexford vs Offaly and Laois vs Galway. I hope Galway will get a good reception in Leinster and the Laois crowd treat us well. Who ever avoids Kilkenny in the semi-final draw will have a great chance of making the final.

Wexford versus Offaly sees a repeat of the Division 2 final where Offaly defeated Wexford. Next weekend sees Dublin against Antrim. Antrim could surprise Antrim but I reckon Dublin will have too much for them. Expect a more exciting competition this year maybe even better than the Munster Championship.

Clash suppose Antrim could surprise Antrim but I think think they'd rather surprise the dubs
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 25, 2009 10:34 pm

The hurling cant come quickly enough. Wexford/Offaly should be a cracker, slightly leaning towards the Biffos at this point as the Wexicans have picked up a fair few injuries. Will be having a close look at Love God Stephen Nolans 'performance' here in this one. Razz
Galway might just scrape by Laois with a bit of luck.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 25, 2009 10:36 pm

mossbags wrote:The hurling cant come quickly enough. Wexford/Offaly should be a cracker, slightly leaning towards the Biffos at this point as the Wexicans have picked up a fair few injuries. Will be having a close look at Love God Stephen Nolans 'performance' here in this one. Razz

Well with the advice he's givving we might dance around the opposition an find scoring no problem!!!!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 25, 2009 10:42 pm

JimWexford wrote:
mossbags wrote:The hurling cant come quickly enough. Wexford/Offaly should be a cracker, slightly leaning towards the Biffos at this point as the Wexicans have picked up a fair few injuries. Will be having a close look at Love God Stephen Nolans 'performance' here in this one. Razz

Well with the advice he's givving we might dance around the opposition an find scoring no problem!!!!!!!

Hope he doesn't try using his chat up techniques in the Offaly dressing room. Those biffos are a hardy bunch
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Whats this about Stephen Nolan. There is a lot of talk about him. confused
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 25, 2009 11:04 pm

His scoring prowess is legendary Clash. So legendary that he charges others 300 euros a pop for his advice and training
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Do we really need this kind of thing coming into our 'manly' Leinster Hurling C'ship! pale
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Power of the Pull
Wexford's centre-back Stephen Nolan has a rendezvous on the hurling front next Saturday but his business is the dating game
Ewan MacKenna

'Tame it! Take it on headfirst with the skills that I will teach you at work and say no! You will not control me! No! You will not take my soul! No! You will not win this game! Because it's a game, guys. You want to think it's not, huh? You want to think it's not?'

Frank Mackey, Magnolia

The rumours, lazily meandering through Wexford town, are met with an immediate straightening of the back and stiffening of the face. "Did you hear about Stephen Nolan? You must have heard about Stephen Nolan?" The whispers gradually become louder as days slip by and he becomes the hot topic in the bars around home. "You've seen his website right? You must have seen his website? Come here and I'll show you his website." The opinions are suddenly within earshot of the GAA player with the most interesting occupation of them all. "Look, there he is, that's the guy."

By the end of January there was both the confirmation and confidence to say it to Stephen Nolan's face. The Wexford centre-back was away at a training weekend with his teammates in Mayo, when, late one evening as he got up to leave the kitchen table, Colm Bonnar mentioned it in front of them all. "Eh, Stephen," laughed the manager, "when's the next boot camp?" Less than four weeks after the website accepted clicks from the public, word had reached those that were never supposed to know. Another headache for the 23-year-old CEO of Kama Lifestyles.

That same CEO is now sitting in a Dublin bar, weighing up the net gain of talking about this publicly. Sure, there's the publicity for his recently-launched dating-training company but this is an Ireland of antiquated beliefs and more judgement is the last thing he needs with the championship opener against Offaly closing in fast. You interrupt his musing and recite what hits you when you open up the website that had the county talking.

"Have you ever felt that some of your skills need to be improved when it comes to the dating game and when interacting with beautiful women? What about in a bar? Are you mindlessly walking up to girls saying the exact same things that every other guy is saying, and as a result, creating no attraction and getting blown out by beautiful women? Imagine what your life would be like if you had complete choice, if you could walk out your front door and meet an amazing woman everyday and interact without fear. How satisfied would you be?"

"You can't claim to know exactly what women want and keep it all to yourself" you tell him.

"Well where do you want me to start," he asks.

"Okay. There's a girl sitting at the bar. She's beautiful, she's with friends, you can't stop looking but you don't stand a chance," you suggest.

"Why don't you stand a chance? If guys are worried about someone being out of their league, they should know that looks have very little to do with it. So approach her, what's the worst that can happen? Now the biggest mistake guys make is they don't smile. It's about energy. People are there to have fun. It's 60 per cent body language, 32 per cent voice and eight per cent what you are actually saying. If there's a gorgeous looking girl there, you can be sure she's been approached 20 times and unless you are Brad Pitt, she's just going to say it's another guy. You are shot down. If you say you're on your way out the door and need a quick opinion she gives you a bit more. You have to use this as a technique because she's after building up a defence against the idiots that didn't know how to talk to her. There are all these little techniques you can learn and we teach."

"Is this just manipulation of the mind?" you ponder.

"Some people get the wrong idea but at the end of the day women don't do themselves up in front of a mirror for three hours to go out and talk amongst themselves. They do it to meet guys. They want to meet a guy who has boundaries, who knows what he's talking about, who will impress her friends. All we are doing is clearing out negative limiting beliefs that are sadly in guys' minds and replacing them with beliefs telling them they do deserve relationships, they are as good as anybody there. We are giving them social tools that basically give them a greater chance in situations."

• • •

Like any dreamer, the kid used to tuck up each night in bed beside his hurl, thinking one day he'd use it playing for Wexford. But a degree from UCD thought him to stop dreaming and believe in what works. He and his hurl now play for Wexford and he's convinced this works too. He used to assist those who needed advice on the internet but more recently started putting together boot camps. They involve two days of dating theory and training, followed by two nights of in-field training. That part's the worst because regardless of his humour, clients pick out groups of girls and expect success from him each and every time.

"Any of the guys I know from back home, they get p**********************ed when they go out, just to hide. After that they might get a woman or they might get sick. The church probably has a lot to do with it, the way people are brought up but if you can get a relationship in Ireland you can take get a girl anywhere in the world."

He uses an example of a friend back home who's done rather well for himself. The problem is his girlfriend knows it and takes advantage. "In bars guys are flirting away and so is she in front of him. She goes to the dance floor and she's grinding and he pretends not to notice. It's uncomfortable for everyone." And he reckons that's a common case in Ireland. Guys underestimate themselves, think they'll never do as well again, and don't set boundaries. It's why he has a second book coming out this summer on the subject. His first release was all about how to get the girl. This time it's about how to maintain a successful relationship and that involves laying down the law.

"You have your willingness to walk away, and you know if she disrespects you, you have a choice. If you will walk away that will build up respect. She won't walk all over you. It's important for there to be mutual respect in a relationship. Now we haven't moved onto boot camps on that yet. At the moment we teach guys to improve their social skills to the point where if they see a woman they're attracted to they have to confidence to approach her and set up a date. It's huge in America. David DeAngelo makes over $30m a year doing this yet we have more problems with it in this country and there's never been this."

Until now. On weekends when the hurlers aren't in action over the summer he'll be teaching the basic tricks of the trade.

Like bouncing girls to different bars: "If you meet a girl for three hours you can make it seem like three days if you bring her to different places. She'll think she knows you a lot better. It'll feel like you've been on a few dates together. That one is not complicated."

Like opening seated groups: "If you are standing there and she is locked in, think about how quickly you'll be blown out. If there are four girls there, after 30 seconds it's awkward. It's not something a socially-skilled person would do. Sit down on half the seat, get one of their seats and if she gives out tell her you're getting up in two seconds. It makes conversation. It turns things in your favour."

And of course, the old classic, stopping a moving target: "That one is the most difficult of the lot. You have to touch, or she'll keep going. Make an observation, anything, then get back to adding to your value. We always say that in the first five minutes, mention five things about yourself that are interesting. Even if you don't think you have a lot going for yourself there'll be things that are interesting about you. You are trying to sell yourself, that's the whole point of this. Make her think you are a cool guy but don't go overboard. Let her ask more about it so you can't be accused of boasting. After that there's a body language ladder. If you hi-five you've registered, if you spin her that's a bit more, if you hold her hand, push back her hair, draw your finger down her neck, you are always moving up it."

He describes the first and only boot camp to date as "amazing". One of the guys on the course was 22 and never kissed a girl but ended up with a couple of numbers from their night in the field. Another was the lead singer in a band but still struggled. At one stage Nolan came around the corner in the bar and found him with an audience of women, telling them about his next gig.

"It's about breaking the mould, having confidence in yourself, doing what you thought you couldn't and not listening to people who want to put you down."

Sounds like Wexford hurling but it's a million miles away

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 am

stephan is injured now anyway tore a groin muscle so wont take part in the match saturday??? i dont think the coarse had anything to do with the injury?????????? what do you think of this story jim it must be true at this stage?? stephan must of got all his skill off larry o gorman jim knows what i mean???? when larry was asked at the start of 97 of wexfords chances of retaining the all ireland he replied i dunno what the chances are but if we do im going to need a new micky!!! what a legend
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 26, 2009 12:26 pm

everytime I hear Stephen Nolan mentioned I think of BBC Radio Five Live's late night phone-in presenter Rolling Eyes

i'd really like to see Dublin in the Leinster final this year.
i'd also really like to see Kilkenny not win the Leinster championship.

debateable whether either will happen.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue May 26, 2009 1:04 pm

old98! wrote:stephan is injured now anyway tore a groin muscle so wont take part in the match saturday??? i dont think the coarse had anything to do with the injury?????????? what do you think of this story jim it must be true at this stage?? stephan must of got all his skill off larry o gorman jim knows what i mean???? when larry was asked at the start of 97 of wexfords chances of retaining the all ireland he replied i dunno what the chances are but if we do im going to need a new micky!!! what a legend

The brother a true legend we had him training us a while back absolutely blew his brains out couldn't understand how sh**e we where @ training yet we could win the odd game here and there. Only team I would say that got an -all-ireland winner over them to totally piss him off and get him to leave to replace him with wait for it nobody, then hurling wouldn't of been top of our hitlist at the time.
Yea nolan is out a lose too we are suddenly small again, Banville back is a big addition still fancy Wex to win this get wineers of dub/antrim in semi lets the cats and the tribe slug out the other semi-some uprorar the masses wouldn't get want the want a tribe cat final after the f***ing up leinster to allow them in.
no this desevres a new topic the rigging of the LSH champ.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue May 26, 2009 1:39 pm

So love God Stephen Nolan misses the opening match due to a 'groin injury' Razz
You couldn't make it up!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm

mossbags wrote:So love God Stephen Nolan misses the opening match due to a 'groin injury' Razz
You couldn't make it up!
Work releated injury by all accounts!!!!!!!
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 26, 2009 3:48 pm

JimWexford wrote:
mossbags wrote:So love God Stephen Nolan misses the opening match due to a 'groin injury' Razz
You couldn't make it up!

I heard it happened when he was doing a gig at Brian Mullan's club .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue May 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:
You couldn't make it up!

you mean he was only on and not "warmed up" strange the way these rthings can happen
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue May 26, 2009 3:52 pm

JimWexford wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:
You couldn't make it up!

you mean he was only on and not "warmed up" strange the way these rthings can happen

He may have been pulled off before he wanted .........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue May 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
JimWexford wrote:
You couldn't make it up!

He may have been pulled off before he wanted .........

no heaven forbid to use loyals terminology "Pulled up"
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat May 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Surprisingly Wexford beat Offaly to reach the semi-finals. I think if Offaly had scored the their first penalty they would have been able to go on and win but if wasn't to be and as they say goals win games. Wexford join Kilkenny and more than likely Galway in the semi-finals.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat May 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Home advantage probably crucial Clash. Not a bad game - peno miss was crucial and not the greatest strike either.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

Could have been worse for Nolan. Look at Shoab Aktar.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Galway vs Kilkenny

Wexford vs Dublin.

Details of venue to be announced will take place on weekend of the 20th of June. Probably a double header in Croke Park.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:43 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Galway vs Kilkenny

Wexford vs Dublin.

Details of venue to be announced will take place on weekend of the 20th of June. Probably a double header in Croke Park.

Wex Dub in Nowlan Park other game in portlaoise. Can't see a double header in croker and if its Wexford v Cats final thats in Wexford Park
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Tullamore would be another possible venue.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Tullamore would be another possible venue.

Think Portlaoise has been set aside for all games with Galway
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down