GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

galway v dublin

+2
Shinners
lino_de_legend
6 posters

Go down

galway v dublin Empty galway v dublin

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:24 pm

Any body know what time the match is on on sunday. I'm presuming its half 2 kick off. Also are the grounds beside Salthill or Galway city, heard its one of the coldest grounds in Ireland
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

galway v dublin Empty Re: galway v dublin

Post  Shinners Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm fairly certain it's 2:30 throw in. Pearse Stadium is actually in Salthill. It's behind the Galway Bay Hotel. If I remember correctly, you go up a road between Leisureland and the Hotel and continue up a Hill. Wrap up warm or you'll freeze to death. My advice would be to park in Galway City and walk or get shuttle bus to Salthill cos the traffic in and out before and after the game will drive you mad.
Might see you there!!! Very Happy
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm

cheers shinners. Unfortunitly are lift pulled out so its looking like a lovely trip down on the train.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm

2.30 throw in all right. Do you think there will be much travelling Dublin support?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:59 pm

ah there be a few alright, only problem is that the train down on sunday morning only goes from portarlington, which means a bus to there, which is a pain in the hole. was even looking at the flights but they're leaving it very very very close. i dont know, a few might opt to go see the hurlers that day. i still dont understand why the two matches where never schduled together in the first place.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  holymoly Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:29 am

Was supposed to be going but I might be heading down to Carlow on saturday for a boozing session. If thats the case I can't see myself being in any fit state to drive on to Galway the following morning.
Definitely going to the Mayo game anyway. I plan on getting a Dublin firm together, all tanked up full of appleteenies with loads of wooden spoons at the ready!!!
holymoly
holymoly
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:22 pm

i have the weapons, banners and firelighters ready HM, its u bring the lighters and petrol ok

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Was in Parnell yesterday for the hurley so didn't see the football. What happened? Conceding 3 goals - was Bastic at fault for any? Anyone who attended have a view on the game?

Last edited by Jayo Cluxton on Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  holymoly Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:50 pm

I don't think Bastic was responsible soley for the goals Galway got. First one was a peno that looked outside the box and it was soft enough. The other 2 were soft enough. Down to bad communication more than anything. One goal came down to 2 players going for the one ball, broke to Meehan who laid it off to Sean Armstrong who took it well. Another bad day for Alan Hubbard I'm afraid to say. Half back line looked very sloppy as well. Cullen has looked really poor so far. Looks lost at wing back.
I'd be looking to get Dave Henry playing at 5 and move Cullen into the half fowards.
holymoly
holymoly
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Dublin
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Was in Parnell yesterday for the hurley so didn't see the football. What happened? Conceding 3 goals - was Bastic at fault for any? Anyone who attended have a view on the game?

me match report for u Jayo, borrowed from d'udder place, what was the hurling like. Are Galway really that shtie?
Lino, Shinners were ye at the match?Brilliant wasn't it

Galway were good today but far from great. Took a lucky enough penalty to get them going(dispatched with vengeance from Meehan). Ran rings around the Dublin full back line after that. Joyce shone as per usual with Meehan, Bane and Armstrong doing the business as well. Todays performance will have done Conroys confidence no harm either. Stretched well for his goal and scored a great point in the 2nd half. Bergin was a big factor in the centre with Mullaghy endevouring throughout. A good honest player. Bradshaw had a good 2nd half and I thought Hanley was a class act throughout.
Still, started slowly again and good as the goals were Galway still have a look of being far from the finished article Gave the ball away a lot today. Nonetheless twas a polished performance and with the likes of Matty Clancy, Cullinane and the Corofin posse still to return the squad is developing very nicely.
The game was over at half time with Galway containing Dublin easily enough in the 2nd half. Dubs were poor. Little or no movement up front. Full back line were seriously outclassed and Cluxtons not inspiring much confidence these days. Very poor with his kick outs today. Whealan and Jayo looked past it today.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 pm

mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Was in Parnell yesterday for the hurley so didn't see the football. What happened? Conceding 3 goals - was Bastic at fault for any? Anyone who attended have a view on the game?

me match report for u Jayo, borrowed from d'udder place, what was the hurling like. Are Galway really that shtie?
Lino, Shinners were ye at the match?Brilliant wasn't it

Galway were good today but far from great. Took a lucky enough penalty to get them going(dispatched with vengeance from Meehan). Ran rings around the Dublin full back line after that. Joyce shone as per usual with Meehan, Bane and Armstrong doing the business as well. Todays performance will have done Conroys confidence no harm either. Stretched well for his goal and scored a great point in the 2nd half. Bergin was a big factor in the centre with Mullaghy endevouring throughout. A good honest player. Bradshaw had a good 2nd half and I thought Hanley was a class act throughout.
Still, started slowly again and good as the goals were Galway still have a look of being far from the finished article Gave the ball away a lot today. Nonetheless twas a polished performance and with the likes of Matty Clancy, Cullinane and the Corofin posse still to return the squad is developing very nicely.
The game was over at half time with Galway containing Dublin easily enough in the 2nd half. Dubs were poor. Little or no movement up front. Full back line were seriously outclassed and Cluxtons not inspiring much confidence these days. Very poor with his kick outs today. Whealan and Jayo looked past it today.

the game was over at half time?? the game was over from the minute the ref awarded the peni( a soft one) . 3 goals scored in quick sucsession takes a fair bit to come back from, and we hadn't a hope. still the same old problems at back but lest gilroy is trying to do something about this. didn't go the match as i had to babysit a pup, dont ask. but least i saved 50 yoyos on a train.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down