GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Galway to Tyrone

+4
mayo.mick
clash-of-da-ash
bocerty
Jayo Cluxton
8 posters

Go down

From Galway to Tyrone Empty From Galway to Tyrone

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Bocerty, TC, Redhandman, etc. ye might be able to help me on this one. For the match at the weekend-how do ya get from Galway to Omagh? We're trying to see if there's a bus going to the match from Castlebar, but if all fruit fails-ye wouldn't know the way would ye?

On a side note, it's a disgrace that in this day and age, no bus goes from Galway to Tír Eoghain Mad

Back to top Go down

From Galway to Tyrone Empty Re: From Galway to Tyrone

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Do what the Sawdoctors do - get on the N17 - to Tuam - on to Sligo - head for Enniskillen - all well signposted - and in to Omagh. Its about 150 miles and you'd want to allow 3 and a half hours (I'd do it in 3 though!)
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:05 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Bocerty, TC, Redhandman, etc. ye might be able to help me on this one. For the match at the weekend-how do ya get from Galway to Omagh? We're trying to see if there's a bus going to the match from Castlebar, but if all fruit fails-ye wouldn't know the way would ye?

On a side note, it's a disgrace that in this day and age, no bus goes from Galway to Tír Eoghain Mad

Esther - disgraceful indeed.

If i was heading from Omagh to Galway (which i will be in a months time to see Tyrone beat Galway in Tuam) i would go to Bundoran > Sligo > Mayo and then onto Galway, so it would just be the reverse for you Esther - your looking to head to Bundoran after hitting Sligo and then Omagh is about 1 hour on top of that.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Do what the Sawdoctors do - get on the N17 - to Tuam - on to Sligo - head for Enniskillen - all well signposted - and in to Omagh. Its about 150 miles and you'd want to allow 3 and a half hours (I'd do it in 3 though!)

dont go anywhere near Enniskillen your only adding time to your journey. When you come out of Bundoran (although you should bypass the main town with the new road anyway) head to Ballyshannon and then Belleek after that your looking for Ederney and then Kesh and then Omagh
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks Boc and Jayo. I have a map and I'll take those directions. We were at the match last Sunday-a pity it wasn't in Castlebar this week!! 'Twill be my first time in Omagh-looking forward to it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 pm

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Thanks Boc and Jayo. I have a map and I'll take those directions. We were at the match last Sunday-a pity it wasn't in Castlebar this week!! 'Twill be my first time in Omagh-looking forward to it! Very Happy

Esther you should have come up on the Saturday night and made a weekend of it - i could have met up with you and give you the guided tour Laughing Laughing Laughing
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:16 pm

bocerty wrote:
EstherMayo1951 wrote:Thanks Boc and Jayo. I have a map and I'll take those directions. We were at the match last Sunday-a pity it wasn't in Castlebar this week!! 'Twill be my first time in Omagh-looking forward to it! Very Happy

Esther you should have come up on the Saturday night and made a weekend of it - i could have met up with you and give you the guided tour Laughing Laughing Laughing

That would have been great 'oul craic Boc!!! Razz However, I'm heading to Mayo on Saturday evening to see the extended family, then back to Galway then to Omagh the next day, if all goes well. This week has been hectic so far-I'll be glad of the break i.e. watching Mayo win Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Use the AA route planner very good.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  mayo.mick Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Do what the Sawdoctors do - get on the N17 - to Tuam - on to Sligo - head for Enniskillen - all well signposted - and in to Omagh. Its about 150 miles and you'd want to allow 3 and a half hours (I'd do it in 3 though!)

dont go anywhere near Enniskillen your only adding time to your journey. When you come out of Bundoran (although you should bypass the main town with the new road anyway) head to Ballyshannon and then Belleek after that your looking for Ederney and then Kesh and then Omagh

Thats the way i go boc ( i think you go over boa island?)
Ester does the gang from westport still go? ( 52 seater bus ) havent seen them lately From Galway to Tyrone Icon_surprised
mayo.mick
mayo.mick
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

mayo
Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:51 pm

mayo.mick wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Thats the way i go boc ( i think you go over boa island?)
Ester does the gang from westport still go? ( 52 seater bus ) havent seen them lately From Galway to Tyrone Icon_surprised

Mick, I was thinking the same thing myself, I'm not sure to be honest. It would be great if there was-I'll see if I can get more info!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Kesh not good roads ....... Is Pettigo along there too? Not good - bad roads bad drivers go the safe route wear your belt adhere to the speed limits and never ever drink and drive........
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Kesh not good roads ....... Is Pettigo along there too? Not good - bad roads bad drivers go the safe route wear your belt adhere to the speed limits and never ever drink and drive........

road from Enniskillen not much better and traffic in Enniskillen is brutal
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:13 am

From Sligo keep heading North, bypass Bundoran and Ballyshannon and heed for Beleek, then Kesh, turn left then a B road through Lack to Omagh.

the Westport to Belfast bus would go to Ballygally, but the Galway Belfast takes the god awful, Cavan, Armagh route.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:12 pm

patrique wrote:From Sligo keep heading North, bypass Bundoran and Ballyshannon and heed for Beleek, then Kesh, turn left then a B road through Lack to Omagh.

the Westport to Belfast bus would go to Ballygally, but the Galway Belfast takes the god awful, Cavan, Armagh route.

Thank you Patrique for the directions! Unfortunately, I didn't get to the game today, but I'm going to keep these directions in the memory box for next time!

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Count yourself lucky theres no bus to Tyrone From Galway to Tyrone 417703 Believe you me
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire
Number of posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:Count yourself lucky theres no bus to Tyrone From Galway to Tyrone 417703 Believe you me

From Galway to Tyrone Icon_razz
True, There is of course have a bus from Galway to Derry, Irelands two foremost city's of culture From Galway to Tyrone 417703
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:41 pm

mossbags wrote:
up.the.oak.trees wrote:Count yourself lucky theres no bus to Tyrone From Galway to Tyrone 417703 Believe you me

True, There is of course have a bus from Galway to Derry, Irelands two foremost city's of culture From Galway to Tyrone 417703

You should feel privileged to have such a bus to an amazing city! king
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:03 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:
mossbags wrote:

We should feel privileged to have such a bus to an amazing city! king

Fixhed
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 pm

strike 1 - 2 more and your gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm

bocerty wrote:

I was taking the hand? Do you get banned from this fourm for taking the hand? silent
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:07 pm

up.the.oak.trees wrote:
bocerty wrote:

I was taking the hand? Do you get banned from this fourm for taking the hand? silent

No. Boc is taking the proverbial as well. These Tyronies are quite sensitive don't you know! From Galway to Tyrone Icon_lol
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  up.the.oak.trees Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Aw I see someone using my word haha! Well them Tyronies are indescribable in a good way of course... Wink
up.the.oak.trees
up.the.oak.trees
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down