GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway GAA

5 posters

Go down

Galway GAA Empty Galway GAA

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Its in a sorry state of affairs at the moment,

How ever bad Mayo are at least we have support, imagine there were more Mayo fans in Longford then Galway fans in Pearse Stadium. There support is as loose as there women

The inability to get a successful native manager. Its embarrassing they have to go dipping out of the pond time and time again. In the last Decade there brief experiment with a Galway manager ended in disaster with defeat to the worst Mayo team in 100 years.

Struggling to get a draw with a Sligo team that could only beat a Mayo team (Knocked out of the championship by a team only above Kilkenny in the rankings) by four points.

The Hurlers struggling to get by a Division 2 team Offaly, who in reality are at Christy Ring level and a team who Mayo beat in a challenge game at the start of the year.

Where to from here? its quite sad that a county with over half of Connachts Population are more interested in pride festivals and Cuba nightclub.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Galway GAA Empty Re: Galway GAA

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Nothing like a bit of internal Connacht lurve .......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Best of luck in the qualifiers this year Peter

...Oh wait Galway GAA Icon_scratch
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:

The Hurlers struggling to get by a Division 2 team Offaly, who in reality are at Christy Ring level and a team who Mayo beat in a challenge game at the start of the year.

Offaly are a division 1 team, and Mayo are getting nowhere.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:50 pm

mossbags wrote:Best of luck in the qualifiers this year Peter

...Oh wait Galway GAA Icon_scratch

Yes thanks for that. Any positive suggestions for improvement though?. I think that we will both have to stick together. Sad times when both Sligo and Roscommon are a cut above us.

I enjoyed the pride parade in Galway last week. Isnt it a pity you guys put more effort into that then your GAA. May i suggest ringers? Sligo's use of Mayo men have been very successful of late. We may just need to ask for them back.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:55 pm

I do have some friendly advice for the hellhole my beloved neighbours have landed themselves in(yet again Galway GAA Icon_rolleyes ) and will publish at some point during the week so be sure and stay tuned, tell all the rest of them Mayo's to keep their ears pricked too, my advice will try and identify the root causes of why Mayo is so full of losers and what can be done it in the short to medium term moving forward long term.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 pm

mossbags wrote:I do have some friendly advice for the hellhole my beloved neighbours have landed themselves in(yet again Galway GAA Icon_rolleyes ) and will publish at some point during the week so be sure and stay tuned, tell all the rest of them Mayo's to keep their ears pricked too, my advice will try and identify the root causes of why Mayo is so full of losers and what can be done it in the short to medium term moving forward long term.

Well your a guardian angel you know. Forgetting your own misfortunes to help out a neighbour in trouble. I wont hear of it though we'll have to dig ourselves out of our own hole this time.

The main question here is what you fella's can do to improve yourselves. What i find amazing is your lack of All Irelands in Hurling. Four all Ireland hurling title's since 1886 despite the fact you would have free reign into the All Ireland semi's each year due to the lack of participation in Connacht. Its quite an amazing statistic.

Maybe a genisis type report into the running of all aspects of Galway GAA is needed? surely the funding of outside managers is drastically removing funding at local level? I Believe it was when the Sham in Galway was replaced by the metro sexual Skinny Latte drinking average Galway man on the street. There are no more hard men in Galway thats why Big Joe isnt having the desired effect.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:16 pm

Tell me again Pete, how many All-Irelands do Mayo have in hurling?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Better one, just tell us how many connaught have in TOTAL both hurling and football
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 pm

mossbags wrote:Tell me again Pete, how many All-Irelands do Mayo have in hurling?

The fact we dont compete and are in the Christy ring and we are still not far behind Galway. We have 3 All Ireland Junior titles also by the way.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Peter just wondering do you think it was a bit unfair, callous indeed, of the GAA to schedule Mayo's qualifier against the footballing powerhouse that is Longford on the first anniversary of Micheal Jackson's death?
I heard the players were all balling their eyes out afterwards but is it any wonder?
We all know how much Micheal Jackson meant to this Mayo team.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Solan the Great Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:06 pm

mossbags wrote:Peter just wondering do you think it was a bit unfair, callous indeed, of the GAA to schedule Mayo's qualifier against the footballing powerhouse that is Longford on the first anniversary of Micheal Jackson's death?
I heard the players were all balling their eyes out afterwards but is it any wonder?
We all know how much Micheal Jackson meant to this Mayo team.

Perhaps the mayo lads can use the same Councillor the Galway lads are using? Pm me with the details i'll pass it on. I heard they regressed terribly when the big mean Sligo men starting calling the them names. Dont worry Daddy Joe will sort out those big sligo meanies I hope the rumours that the Sligo lads engaged in Chinese burns and nipple twisters are just rumour!

Kernan hits out at Sligo 'abuse'

Galway football manager Joe Kernan
28 June 2010

Galway manager Joe Kernan criticised the Sligo players for the off-the-ball abuse he felt his players received in yesterday's drawn Connacht SFC semi-final at Pearse Stadium.

Kernan's charges came from 1-8 to 0-2 down at half-time to force a replay against the Yeats men, whose antics during the game he felt were unacceptable.

"We had boys singled out and nothing seemed to happen," said the Galway boss. "Joe Bergin got a hard time most of the day - and there was nothing done about it.

"Army (Sean Armstrong) was unlucky to get sent off. Padraic Joyce was being fouled off-the-ball the whole time and nobody seemed to see it.

"Sean was getting abuse and he pushed a man and got a yellow card. Then he dived in on someone - not a dirty tackle. It was disappointing," he added.

Kernan also commented that he felt the new had pass rule had been "done away with again" in the game, but afterwards turned his focus to the replay in Sligo next weekend.

"We're back in Markievicz Park, still in the championship so there's a sense of 'it's left behind us' but that will be gone by tomorrow morning. I don't think it will be hard to lift it. They've had to lift it on numerous occasions during the year," said the Armagh native.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down