GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway v Wexico

+5
SamiPremier08
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
JimWexford
mossbags
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Galway v Wexico Empty Galway v Wexico

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Div 1 Champions vs Div 2 Champions. Wexford have improved slightly but they started this year at a low ebb. Galway have also improved and some now talk of them as genuine challengers to Kilkenny this year. In Gizzy Ling and Colm Farrell Wexford have the players who can make the difference. Galway have a growing injury list on the back of a very hard fought league campaign, Is an upset on the cards? My opinion is no, Galway by 10 points plus.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Galway v Wexico Empty Re: Galway v Wexico

Post  JimWexford Mon May 24, 2010 4:34 pm

I said a few months ago Galway by at least 15 nothing has changed my mind.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 4:52 pm

JimWexford wrote:I said a few months ago Galway by at least 15 nothing has changed my mind.
Yeah that's more or less the general consensus alright. Fair play to ya Jimbo for not talking up your counties chances when you know they haven't a snowballs chance in Hell. Would that some other posters would take a leaf out of your book and stop all their bluffing and messing and gobbledigook, they know who they are.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Yaw fair play Jimbo! Just unlucky to be playing the Champions Elect in your first outing. No way Wexford will live with a county with the pedigree, tradition and history that Galway have. Lucky to be on the same pitch really. Still it will be a learning curve to watch the Galway masters in action ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Yaw fair play Jimbo! Just unlucky to be playing the Champions Elect in your first outing. No way Wexford will live with a county with the pedigree, tradition and history that Galway have. Lucky to be on the same pitch really. Still it will be a learning curve to watch the Galway masters in action ......

Galway v Wexico Apploud

Galway v Wexico ApploudGlad to see your finally picking up a few truths about the small ball game Jason
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Galway should really be making the Leinster final this year having avoided Dublin and Kilkenny. They should have no bother in beating Wexford in Nowlan Park.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Galway KK final is on the cards after the feck up they had with the draw last year.
But are Galway ready to step up to the plate or will they end up showing there hand a lot earlier than they usually do.
Will this give the other bigs guns a chance to access them
Could Galway beat KK twice in one year.

teaser When is the last time this was done, KK beaten twice in the one year in the championship.
All correct answers on a postcard and send to JayoCluxton
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

2004 Jim - bate by Wexford in the Leinster semi by 2 points and then well bate by Cork in the All ireland final!

ps Wexford got to All Ireland semi but Galway were unlucky to go out in Round 2 of the Qualifiers to Kilkenny .... by 19 points ... Galway v Wexico Icon_eek
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:2004 Jim - bate by Wexford in the Leinster semi by 2 points and then well bate by Cork in the All ireland final!

ps Wexford got to All Ireland semi but Galway were unlucky to go out in Round 2 of the Qualifiers to Kilkenny .... by 19 points ... Galway v Wexico Icon_eek

Yeah but that was all before we stepped in to rescue the Leinster Championship. The cream has risen to the top now and Wexford, Offaly,* etc will just have to get used to no longer dining at the top table in Leinster
(*Dublin not included as they were always muck)
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Yaw indeed and don't think we aren't grateful to Galway for this. Ok so the Connacht championship has suffered greatly and poor old Mayo, Roscommon, Leitrim and Sligo can no longer pit their hurling wits against God's own team. We may have a shambles of a football championship - and our hurling competition was heading the same way - until the maroon knights from the West came riding across the Shannon on their piebalds. Single-handedly they have become the force in Leinster - usurping even the deeds of Kilkenny who have merely won a piffling 4 All Irelands in a row. Yes the men from the West can outdo their predecessors of 22 short years ago and annexe Liam! And this time the deeds of Ray Houghton will not take away the gloss!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote: We may have a shambles of a football championship - and our hurling competition was heading the same way - until the maroon knights from the West came riding across the Shannon on their piebalds. Single-handedly they have become the force in Leinster -

Jayo your thinly veiled invitation for the Galway footballers to go in and rescue the Leinster football championship like we did for your hurling must be met with a polite but firm no. We can't go bailing you out every time.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Can't see past Galway on this one to be honest.

I wish it'd move out of the way so I can have a better view.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon May 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Playing in a championship against teams with a real hurling pedigree, like Dublin, Wexford and Kilkenny, should enable Galway to improve.

Due to geography, it will not help Antrim.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 pm

It will be interesting to see if's Wexico 'pedigree' helps them avoid a right stuffing on Saturday evening.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 24, 2010 10:43 pm

mossbags wrote:It will be interesting to see if's Wexico 'pedigree' helps them avoid a right stuffing on Saturday evening.

Mossbags if Galway win this one it will be a massive win- They might move up to Dublins level......Wexford might struggle against the Cats...But thet always put it up to the rest..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 pm

mullins wrote:
mossbags wrote:It will be interesting to see if's Wexico 'pedigree' helps them avoid a right stuffing on Saturday evening.

Mossbags if Galway win this one it will be a massive win- They might move up to Dublins level......Wexford might struggle against the Cats...But thet always put it up to the rest..
3 of the 4 sentences that constitute your post would be fairly spot on Mullins. To be honest I'd happily take a one point win against the Wexicans. Gizzy Ling would walk on to any team in the land and I include Kilkenny in that. They also have a dangerous full forward line with the likes of Banville, Jacob and Nolan. Colin Farrell has the makings of a top quality hurler at midfield and in Stamp, Rossitter and Travers they have quality in defense. They have the hurlers for sure to compete and they certainly didn't win Div 2 by accident. I know Galway are supremely focused for this, was talking to a lad during the weekend whose close to the team and he said they might even be 'too focused on Wexford'. Wexford certainly have what it takes to make a right game of it and wont fear us one bit but I think this Galway team is a notch above other Galway sides that have gone before and would be very disappointed with anything other than a win this weekend.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 pm

mossbags wrote:
mullins wrote:

3 of the 4 sentences that constitute your post would be fairly spot on Mullins. To be honest I'd happily take a one point win against the Wexicans. Gizzy Ling would walk on to any team in the land and I include Kilkenny in that. They also have a dangerous full forward line with the likes of Banville, Jacob and Nolan. Colin Farrell has the makings of a top quality hurler at midfield and in Stamp, Rossitter and Travers they have quality in defense. They have the hurlers for sure to compete and they certainly didn't win Div 2 by accident. I know Galway are supremely focused for this, was talking to a lad during the weekend whose close to the team and he said they might even be 'too focused on Wexford'. Wexford certainly have what it takes to make a right game of it and wont fear us one bit but I think this Galway team is a notch above other Galway sides that have gone before and would be very disappointed with anything other than a win this weekend.

3 out of 4 ain't bad... Galway v Wexico Icon_lol Can't wait for this game it will tell us so much about the threat from the West...
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah the Galway hurlers often remind me of a certain football team from the Eastern seaboard Mullins man. Maybe this year is the year.
Believe, etc....
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

mossbags wrote:Yeah the Galway hurlers often remind me of a certain football team from the Eastern seaboard Mullins man. Maybe this year is the year.
Believe, etc....

Hopefully the Double for both..or first round exits.. Galway v Wexico Icon_biggrin Moss its amazing how quick them years go without success
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 pm

mullins wrote:
mossbags wrote:Yeah the Galway hurlers often remind me of a certain football team from the Eastern seaboard Mullins man. Maybe this year is the year.
Believe, etc....

Hopefully the Double for both..or first round exits.. Galway v Wexico Icon_biggrin Moss its amazing how quick them years go without success

I was 9 in 88 and I thought this winning All-Irelands buzz was gonna be the craic every year Galway v Wexico Kopfschuettel
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Fri May 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Galway team to play Wexford.

1. Callanan
2. Joyce
3. Kavanagh
4. Canning
5. Barry
6. Regan
7. Collins
8. Farragher
9. Burke
10. Hayes
11. Donnellan
12. Smyth
13. Harte
14. Canning
15. Gantly
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 12:14 am

As best he could Clash, but as I haven't seen the Wexican selection. Has McIntyre gone for a more contracted selection given the confines of Nowlan Park where there's no room to spray the ball around???
Cyril Donnellan at 11 again?

You worried yet???
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Sat May 29, 2010 12:20 am

Boxtyeater wrote:As best he could Clash, but as I haven't seen the Wexican selection. Has McIntyre gone for a more contracted selection given the confines of Nowlan Park where there's no room to spray the ball around???
Cyril Donnellan at 11 again?

You worried yet???

He has gone for much the same team that played the league final just Gantly in for Tannian and Hayes and Harte switch places. Class always comes through in the end Boxty and I'd say Galway should have just too much for Wexford, I'd expect Canning to score a few goals. Babs Keating said he is the best he has seen and he has seen and played alongside some great hulers over the years.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 12:50 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:. Babs Keating said he is the best he has seen and he has seen and played alongside some great hulers over the years.

Doubtless Clash, he's a TOP.TOP class forward, but is he up there in the pantheon of the games legends, like Mackey, Ring, Jimmy Doyle, Doran, Flaherty, Carey or Shefflin...the men who have, by virtue of ingenuity or genius, stamped their names in the annals..Unless he aspires to and delivers upon what those guys have gained and garnered, I'd have to review Joe.....

Not faulting the lad in any way...at all.....he's quality, but bar the Portumna business.????
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 29, 2010 8:56 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Can't see past Galway on this one to be honest.

I wish it'd move out of the way so I can have a better view.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next