GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London v Galway - the big 'un

+3
macattack
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

London v Galway - the big 'un Empty London v Galway - the big ''un

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 18, 2009 3:08 pm

This one is a bit tight to call! What is it about the GAA and their rules that unfairly sees the smaller populated Western counties pitted against the G20 giants?? Well Mayo squeaked by New York - so can Galway pull of a shock Connaught double in Fortress Ruislip and down the Cockney geezers!! Will they show the game in the Queen Vic as Den and Angie stop fighting to see the game and Arthur and Pauline cheer each London score (haven’t seen it for years btw). Or will the Bow Bells peel in celebration as Boris Johnson says how he knew London would prevail and that they hope to have GAA in the Olympics in 2012 – but I digress!

I was leaning towards Galway until I heard Macattack was on the London panel. Rumour has it he may only make the bench but he could be the impact sub to end all impact subs. The icing on London’s cake, the feather in their cap, the chicken in their vol au vent, the ace in the hole! (Had to be careful with the last one).

Can you just picture it! Galway 2 points ahead – into the second minute of 2 additional minutes. London’s last chance – their final (mac)attack – young Mc soars highest and sets off for goal, rounds the keeper and is gaping at a gaping net ….. then he remembers that he tipped Galway in GAATipster and slides it wide ….. A moral victory for London - but, more importantly, 2 tipster points for Macattack!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

London v Galway - the big 'un Empty Re: London v Galway - the big 'un

Post  mossbags Mon May 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Souds like Mac has his priorities well in order to me.
Went to Ruislip in 1999 when Galway were defending all-Ireland champions and was one of my best GAA days ever. Sam was on display and the sun was scorching London from Brixton to Greenwich to Notting Hill and the City. The massive crowd was fully soaking up the carnival atmosphere and Im nearly sure I saw someone wearing their county jersey from every part of Ireland there that day. Met most of the players from both sides in the bar after the match and everyone was in flying form. Galway won it without extending themselves and London put in a decent performance, far from disgracing themselves. I expect something similar this weekend with Galways main objective other than victory to be not to pick up any injuries for their up-coming campaign particularly bearing in mind a tricky encounter to follow against a much improved Sligo under Kevin Legend Walsh.
Cant make it there this year but would really have loved to, would recommend a championship trip to Ruislip to anyone who loves GAA as the welcome and the passion you'll get from our brothers ans sisters in exile is an experience you wouldn't forget for a long long time.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  macattack Tue May 19, 2009 10:33 am

Lads, it’s a real shame we got one of the big 2 this year. I really feel if we had got Leitrim or Roscommon we could have made a real game of it. We have benefited from the recession, even though it’s not that much better here, but if you are a decent footballer, a big contractor associated one of the clubs will always get you a start here.

But the Galway boys from London are dropping like flies at the minute; Paul Geraghty (on the Galway Panel last year) and Chris Donnellan (brother of Micheal) are both doubtful. I can’t see anything other than a 10+ victory, but hope I’m wrong.

The championship day in Ruislip is always one of my highlights of the year, normally get a few thousand packed in and the atmosfear was amazing when we nearly beat Roscommon a few years back.
macattack
macattack
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork
Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  horn neck Tue May 19, 2009 1:15 pm

I think that Galway will beat the handicap for 14 points this weekend. When the exiles played Wicklow in the league this year they were given 12 points, Surley Galway can do better than 14, it all depends on how the Tribesmen approach the game. The weekend itself more important then the result. A great weekend in store in London.
horn neck
horn neck
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Wicklow
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed May 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Hey Mac. You have Donegal's Wappa lining out for you this weekend too. How do you think he will fit in? He's been a great club player in Donegal and is rapid quick, but struggled in the county set-up. I think the Donegal style of play didn't suit him.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 20, 2009 1:34 pm

RMDrive wrote: I think the Donegal style of play didn't suit him.

Translation: The lad was a teetotaller ............... Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed May 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Boom Boom Jayo Razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2009 8:08 pm

What did Meehan score today?

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun May 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Bright-Oak wrote:What did Meehan score today?

1-5
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  old98! Mon May 25, 2009 5:09 pm

good weekend had mc
old98!
old98!
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

wexford
Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

Post  macattack Wed May 27, 2009 2:48 pm

I wasnt picked in the final 30, but of course was down in Ruislip for the day. Was an absolute Scorcher of a day in London.

Outcome was what a expected, but fair play to London we battled as hard as we could. Galway never really got out of 3rd gear so cant really comment on their IA hopes after that display.

Some session after!!!!!!!!!!!!
macattack
macattack
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  macattack Wed May 27, 2009 2:54 pm

RMDrive wrote:Hey Mac. You have Donegal's Wappa lining out for you this weekend too. How do you think he will fit in? He's been a great club player in Donegal and is rapid quick, but struggled in the county set-up. I think the Donegal style of play didn't suit him.

Sorry RM just saw this now, been busy.

This kind of thing happens every year in London, a fella comes over having been on the panel of a county back home and walks striaght onto the London panel the week before the championship game, he had 3 training session with us, and dont get me wrong he is a very good player, but dont think he should have been on the panel over the other 10 left out.

But saying that he seems keen and like you same has some pace, if he sticks around could very well be a key player for london in the future!
macattack
macattack
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Cork

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed May 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RMDrive wrote: I think the Donegal style of play didn't suit him.

Translation: The lad was a teetotaller ............... Razz

Hate to bump me own ....but Razz Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down