GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London to be penalised for success?

+5
patrique
bocerty
clash-of-da-ash
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
9 posters

Go down

London to be penalised for success? Empty London to be penalised for success?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:45 pm

London's reward for shocking Derry in the Ulster C'ship is a semi final against Down this Sunday. The only problem is that they are scheduled to play Armagh in the Nicky Rackard this Saturday. They are talking of giving a w/o to Down as they want to concentrate on the NR which they feel they have a better chance of winning.

Can London not be accommodated not least to recognise the efforts they have made instead of being victims of their success? Someone would want to sort this before the whole thing becomes a laughing stock ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

London to be penalised for success? Empty Re: London to be penalised for success?

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Does sound very harsh in fairness Jayo.

Although, to me, the entire Ulster hurling championship seems to be organised in a ridiculous way.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

London to be penalised for success? Empty Re: London to be penalised for success?

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Seems like a big screw up by the organisers to have the two competitions clashing. It seems like they thought London didn't have a chance against Derry, the whole situation is similar to the Liam McCarthy relegation last year in which the organisers were really sure Laois would be relegated.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

I see the Ulster Council secretary has said it was "impossible" to rearrange the semi-final with Down as there isn't another suitable date .... FFS what is that about?? Is the world going to end next weekend? That guy should catch himself on - the Ulster Hurling C'ship in its current guise is already enough of a joke without unhelpfulness like that.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:49 pm

what happened to Sunday 20th?

must be some dodgy calenders in Ulster...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:07 pm

the powers that be within the GAA never cease to amaze me with their stupidity - what a ridiculous decision and and even worse excuse!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:11 pm

They could finish the Ulster Championship in Ocober or November, it's not as though the winners go into the all Ireland semi anymore.

A few years ago we had a similar row concerning New York who could not travel as the team were mostly illegal immigrants, but Antrim eventually beat them in Boston months later.

The Ulster council have NEVER promoted hurling. Nowadays they pretend to, with a 9 county championship, the ONLY provincial championship featuring all the sides, then they do this to illustrate they are merely playing at promoting hurling and are not serious.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:17 pm

patrique wrote:They could finish the Ulster Championship in Ocober or November, it's not as though the winners go into the all Ireland semi anymore.

Exactly. And if Antrim get a run of form and get to the All Ireland final when would they play the Ulster final anyway?!?!?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 am

The fact the Ulster Council are not willing to move the fixture to accomodate London, who have been great servants to Ulster Hurling, is a disgrace and just shows them up for what they are....Anti-Hurling!

I could see the point when NY got to the Ulster Final but not this time, with NY there was no way a Provincial Championship should have been held to ransom so that illegals should play. London are being penalised for success and i am very interested in seeing just what Croke Park do in order to ease the problem!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 pm

lads - its easy to say the Ulster council are anti-hurling but in all fairness if you were pumping time and money into hurling in various counties and seeing nothing in return you'd begin to wonder was it worth it.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 pm

fcuk em....thats what they deserve for taking the queens shilling
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 pm

The Puke wrote:fcuk em....thats what they deserve for taking the queens shilling

stupid comment
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
The Puke wrote:fcuk em....thats what they deserve for taking the queens shilling

stupid comment

+1
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
patrique wrote:They could finish the Ulster Championship in Ocober or November, it's not as though the winners go into the all Ireland semi anymore.

Exactly. And if Antrim get a run of form and get to the All Ireland final when would they play the Ulster final anyway?!?!?

Took the very words from my mouth..................
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 pm

bocerty wrote:lads - its easy to say the Ulster council are anti-hurling but in all fairness if you were pumping time and money into hurling in various counties and seeing nothing in return you'd begin to wonder was it worth it.

But they are getting somewhere.

Hurling in the province has reached a stage in 5 years it took 80 years for football to reach.

Especially in Tyrone who won the Meagher, were in a club final, and other counties are showing well.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 pm

LOL.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 pm

patrique wrote:
bocerty wrote:lads - its easy to say the Ulster council are anti-hurling but in all fairness if you were pumping time and money into hurling in various counties and seeing nothing in return you'd begin to wonder was it worth it.

Hurling in the province has reached a stage in 5 years it took 80 years for football to reach.

Especially in Tyrone who won the Meagher, were in a club final, and other counties are showing well.

and look at Tyrone this year P cant even field a team - 2 steps forward and 10 back!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

London to be penalised for success? Icon_lol

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 am

I see London have withdrawn from the Ulster Championship Semi Final with the hope of it being rescheduled for a later date. The Ulster Council STILL say the game will not be changed! Shame on them, what a great message for hurling development in Ulster and potential player burn out!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:49 am

Unbelievable stuff ... just unbelievable ... London to be penalised for success? Icon_evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I blame the illuminati myself
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 pm

The Puke wrote:I blame the illuminati myself

Word has reached me that the freemasons had a part to play in all this
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 pm

The Puke wrote:I blame the illuminati myself

Word has reached me that the freemasons had a part to play in all this[/quote]

Can't see it myself, Bailey Tzuke would never get mixed up with them if they did!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 pm

bocerty wrote:
patrique wrote:

And look at Armagh minors.

and look at Tyrone this year P cant even field a team - 2 steps forward and 10 back!!!!!
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down