GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success

+2
Jayo Cluxton
Peter Solan the Great
6 posters

Go down

We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Empty We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success

Post  Peter Solan the Great Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Yes this was one of the suggestions to improve Mayo football from our review.Yes if we change our Jersey to white we'll guarantee all Ireland success, this stunning piece of logic came about because the last time we wore white jerseys we won it.

Mayo All Whites?
MAYO should change the colour of their jersey, one supporter has suggested in a letter to Seán Feeney. Enda Coyne noted that the county had enjoyed All-Ireland success in an all-white jersey, and that with the 60th anniversary of those events now upon us, Mayo should adopt “a white design with green and red trim”.

More here from the county Board meeting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Empty Re: We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Desperation methinks Peter ....

Incidentally as far as I am aware ye must be the last team to win it wearing white???
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Empty Re: We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 pm

who knows, it could be the white decision
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Desperation methinks Peter ....

Incidentally as far as I am aware ye must be the last team to win it wearing white???

Offaly in 1982 was mainly white, they only had green and gold on the upper chest and shoulders.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm

We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_lol
black&white wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Desperation methinks Peter ....

Offaly in 1982 was mainly white, they only had green and gold on the upper chest and shoulders.

An no B&W - like Seamus Darby thats pushing it a bit ... We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Well they may have something here. Mayo have raised a fair clatter of white flags in the past few years so maybe the change to white jerseys is a signal from on high, akin to the Knock apparition...

But I wouldn't hold my breath....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:04 pm

Come to think of it I think Cork wore white in 1973??? We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_scratch Anyone recall?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Tyrone and Kildare have been predominantly white - the Kerry lads faces were a pale white in 05 and 08
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Come to think of it I think Cork wore white in 1973??? We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_scratch Anyone recall?

I have a vision of Jimmy Barry Murphy selling a dummy something like the Kildare one on Sunday put from the right hand side of the small square - and yes he was in white with red trim versus Galway
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:08 pm

bocerty wrote:Tyrone and Kildare have been predominantly white - the Kerry lads faces were a pale white in 05 and 08

And in 2010 too - a similar shade to the Tyrone lads faces actually ... We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:10 pm

OMAR wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Come to think of it I think Cork wore white in 1973??? We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_scratch Anyone recall?

I have a vision of Jimmy Barry Murphy selling a dummy something like the Kildare one on Sunday put from the right hand side of the small square - and yes he was in white with red trim versus Galway

Yep checked elsewhere OMAR they did indeed wear white and Billy Morgan in the red and white hooped shirt. In the old black and white TV days maroon and red were the same! Ah the snooker was very hard to follow them days too!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote:Tyrone and Kildare have been predominantly white - the Kerry lads faces were a pale white in 05 and 08

And in 2010 too - a similar shade to the Tyrone lads faces actually ... We need to change our Jersey colour to get All Ireland Success Icon_lol

still grinning from ear to ear i see Jayo
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
OMAR wrote:

Yep checked elsewhere OMAR they did indeed wear white and Billy Morgan in the red and white hooped shirt. In the old black and white TV days maroon and red were the same! Ah the snooker was very hard to follow them days too!

Hence the popularity of live Draughts
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Aye and if video killed the radio star then colour TV did for the chess lads. Those games were fascinating .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down