GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin v Galway

+9
Royal_Girl2k9
SamiPremier08
hurlingguru
clash-of-da-ash
The Puke
mullins
Loyal2TheRoyal
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dublin v Galway  Empty Dublin v Galway

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Well its the semi final of the Leinster C'ship with the Dubs facing Connaughts finest only hurling team. Can the Dubs beat the blue bloods? There is a story afoot that Galway are a traditional super power. Every year (much like our footballers) is their year ... Yet they have flattered to deceive. And when they do pull off a major win they bomb in the next game. They really aren't a hurling super power at all. If the Connolly family had been born in Clare then Galway hurling wouldn't even be on the map. All we hear is Joe this and Joe that yet he is living on past glories for 2/3 seasons now. Dublin - League Champions, yes, LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, should have no fear of this pretty ordinary talked up county. Galway have even gatecrashed the Walsh Cup before we put manners on them in the semi. Oh and we beat the Cats in the Final - again! Sigh!

No fear Dalo - lets get it on with the Cats in the Leinster Final!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Dublin v Galway  Empty Re: Dublin v Galway

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote: Can the Dubs beat the blue bloods?
Galway are not blue bloods in hurling, never were. Your nouveau riche approach to the game explains a lot
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Joe was only a second half substitute against Westmeath.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:06 pm

mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote: Can the Dubs beat the blue bloods?
Galway are not blue bloods in hurling, never were.

Yaw indeed Bags of Moss - read the rest of it! Very Happy
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Hard one to call will be very interesting to see Mcintyre team selection's for this one..The Dublin team will be close to what started v Biffos with Brady back..Any idea what the Galway team will be mossbags
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:33 pm

mullins wrote:Hard one to call will be very interesting to see Mcintyre team selection's for this one..The Dublin team will be close to what started v Biffos with Brady back..Any idea what the Galway team will be mossbags

Well Joe/ Kavanagh/ Regan will definitly start Mullins man, they had been on the 'easy' list pirat Farragher probably will as well though hopefully not at MF as he gets found out there more often than not at this level. I'd say Skehill will defo be in goal with a FB line of Joyce Kav and Fergal Moore. Joyces form been less than great so I'd fully expect Daly to target him in particular. The whole team but in particular the full back line has had to adjust to the absence of Ollie this year and to be honest it wont be until quite late next Saturday eve that we know how well they get on.
I doubt Tannion will be back in time for the Dublin game and Kevin Hynes fitness for a 70minute game is still questionable to say the least so off the top of my head I'd say the team may look a lil' sumthing like this
Skehill
Joyce Kav Moore
Collins, Regan Cullinane
Burke,Coen
Forde,Donnellan,Farragher
Hayes, Joe,Callinan

You expecting any changes from the Offaly game for your lot?
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Did you not read his post?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:46 pm

mossbags wrote:
mullins wrote:Hard one to call will be very interesting to see Mcintyre team selection's for this one..The Dublin team will be close to what started v Biffos with Brady back..Any idea what the Galway team will be mossbags

Well Joe/ Kavanagh/ Regan will definitly start Mullins man, they had been on the 'easy' list pirat Farragher probably will as well though hopefully not at MF as he gets found out there more often than not at this level. I'd say Skehill will defo be in goal with a FB line of Joyce Kav and Fergal Moore. Joyces form been less than great so I'd fully expect Daly to target him in particular. The whole team but in particular the full back line has had to adjust to the absence of Ollie this year and to be honest it wont be until quite late next Saturday eve that we know how well they get on.
I doubt Tannion will be back in time for the Dublin game and Kevin Hynes fitness for a 70minute game is still questionable to say the least so off the top of my head I'd say the team may look a lil' sumthing like this
Skehill
Joyce Kav Moore
Collins, Regan Cullinane
Burke,Coen
Hayes, Joe,Callinan

Joe can't get his place anymore Mossbags. He has been dropped.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
Joe can't get his place anymore Mossbags. He has been dropped.

Joe Sheridan? Wouldn't be fair on the lad lest the Wee County embarrass him two years in a row I suppose
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Loyal was in this pub near Navan recently giving out ***** about this overweight, overrated lad called Joe who was living on the back of a couple of fairly spectacular goals. Sheridan got up and got his coat ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:14 am

mossbags wrote:

Skehill
Joyce Kav Moore
Collins, Regan Cullinane
Burke,Coen
Hayes, Joe,Callinan

Probable team
Dublin: Gary Maguire; Niall Corcoran,Tomas Brady, Oisín Gough; Peter Kelly, John McCaffrey, Shane Durkin ; Simon Lambert/Alan McCrabbe, Liam Rushe; Ryan O'Dwyer, Conor McCormack , Conal Keaney ; Paul Ryan , David O'Callaghan, Daire Plunkett..

Toss up between McCrabbe/Lambert for midfield

Most Dublin fans will be fearing a Joe show if Canning can be held.. Dublin will have a big shout of winning this one..Tannion is a big loss for Tribes if he doesn't start..

Can't see Donnellan getting the same space Westmeath gave him, think Kelly will be giving the job of man marking him,,Hayes has to be watched dangerous man

A few years ago who would have thought. Galways season Could hinge on 1 game against the Dubs..

bounce bounce
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Tannion is no real loss, he simply sin't a summer hurler and doesn't have the mobility or hurling to hurt teams when the ground hardens
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

The Dubs will be knocked down a peg or two come Saturday evening, this is practically the same team that lost to Antrim in last years 3rd round qualifiers and no more than Galway seems to fail on the big occasion. Joe Canning seems to be going well this year and has that bit of extra pace he lacked last year but 1 to 15 will have to be on top of their game with no room for passengers. I have no doubt it will be the Tribes that will line out against the cats in the Leinster Final.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 pm

True Clash but teams can improve and they have won the National League in the intervening period which suggests some improvement.... (losing only to Galway I think?) - could be the motivation they are looking for .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The Dubs will be knocked down a peg or two come Saturday evening, this is practically the same team that lost to Antrim in last years 3rd round qualifiers and no more than Galway seems to fail on the big occasion. Joe Canning seems to be going well this year and has that bit of extra pace he lacked last year but 1 to 15 will have to be on top of their game with no room for passengers. I have no doubt it will be the Tribes that will line out against the cats in the Leinster Final.

Hardly the same team

Dublin (SH v Antrim): G Maguire; N Corcoran, T Brady, O Gough; S Hiney, J Boland, M O'Brien; J McCaffrey, S Durkin; P Kelly, L Rushe, A McCrabbe; P Carton, D O'Dwyer, D O'Callag

We will see Saturday what the tribes have hopefully they share your thoughts... Shocked
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:58 am

The Dubs at 6/5 is a huge price.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 pm

mullins wrote:
A few years ago who would have thought. Galways season Could hinge on 1 game against the Dubs..
Everyone. Not meaning to have a dig Mullin man but it's high time the Dublin hurlers delivered in Championship. They have good hurlers, many of whom are underrated because they play for Dublin. They've had every available resource and more open to them and looking at this years league their reaping the benefits of this not to mention their own graft determination and hard work. They have been cookin nicely for some time now but it's about time they came to the boil and Daly is no doubt recieving top dollar to be the final piece of the jigsaw. In short, the GAA have invested quite a lot in making hurling work in the capital(if it doesn't work there what hope in the rest of the country's hurling wastelands) so a real breakthrough is more a matter of when then if. Saturday presents a glorious opportunity.

Galway, although clearly a bit behind Tipp and Kilkenny, still are more than capable for the rough and tumble of proper Championship hurling at the highest level. Dublin still have to prove that they are. Galway have some of the best hurlers in the land but the Dubs are about the only decent hurling county who haven't figure out a way of routinely beating them yet. Confidence in the players round these parts is still at a relatively high ebb but for the management setup Saturdays game is complete make or break. If we beat Dublin we are right back on track and the year might as well commence afresh, anything less and it's sionora J McYntire.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Biggest Game between the 2 counties since 83...Its ours to lose Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 pm

mullins wrote:Biggest Game between the 2 counties since 83...Its ours to lose Very Happy
Its bigger than any football game ever could be
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

Will much of a crowd from Dublin travel to this?
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Will much of a crowd from Dublin travel to this?

I'll probably wait for the final .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

That could be a long wait.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:

That could be a long wait.

Sure we just had one on May 1st ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Typical Dubs not willing to leave the capital in the fear of getting lost.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:11 pm

hurlingguru wrote:Typical Dubs not willing to leave the capital in the fear of getting lost.

Hey lad there isn't a town or village on this island that I haven't been in at least twice .... and before satnav too!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next