GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway V New York

Go down

Galway V New York Empty Galway V New York

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:27 am

Very quiet on here about this match. Galway ran out, or rather stumbled out with a flattering 7 point win. Galway could well have lost this match, only securing the match with vital scores in stoppage time. Not only that, but they played a New York outfit consisting of only 13 players for the last 20 minutes of the game. Padraic Joyce their star player with a tally of 1-07.

You have to look at this objectively though. Galway were without Armstrong, Conroy and at least 3 other players due to exams. It's quite foolish of the GAA to fix a match this early when Galway won't be playing again for another 8 weeks, and with exams happening simultaneously. Back in 1996, Mayo didn't do that well against London, only winning that match by 6 points or so(although we weren't 2 men up!) Mayo went onto the final.

Should we read too much into this? I don't think so. There's a long Summer ahead, and Galway will try to pick themselves up after this game and focus on the Semi-final against either Mayo or Sligo. I'll be interested in hearing Mossy's opinion on this, but I think it will be the same as mine: Galway are better than what they showed yesterday, and they will improve for their next game.

Back to top Go down

Galway V New York Empty Re: Galway V New York

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 am

EstherMayo1951 wrote:Very quiet on here about this match.

Thread on the this game already.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down