GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qualifiers Round 2 2012

+7
Loyal2TheRoyal
massey ferguson
Boxtyeater
Grenvile
bald eagle
Parouisa
bocerty
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Qualifiers Round 2 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifiers Round 2 2012

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Massive result in Carrick on Shannon. Must be the first time since 1994 Leitrim have recorded two wins in the one championship campaign. First win in the qualifiers although they have taken Meath and Donegal to extra-time previously.

I had a feeling they'd be capable of a shock. I read an interview with George Dugdale during the week and he sounded optimistic. Must say, himself and Barry Breen have done a fine job since taking over from Mickey Moran.

I hope they get one of Antrim, Tipperary, Limerick in Carrick on Shannon again. A win there and a favourable draw in Round 4 (Clare/Sligo) and there might be a sequel to this:

Massive result says it all...An absolutley massive result despite the poverty of the Wicklow effort....16 wides, 13 pressurised...

Robbie Lowe replaced a clearly flagging Shane Moran about the 55th. minute. His first effectual play saw him challenged savagelly...
Lowe stood, Godzilla like, having rebuffed the "tackle", thumped his chest and roared "C'maan to fook lads..."

I wish to retract any comments ( for the time being) that I've made about the Manor Glancy....Top class yesterday... Shocked

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Galway's losing streak in the qualifiers continues - I think they've only won one game in 12 years of qualifiers. And for the fourth consecutive year, they exit the championship following a one point defeat.
Yup, Galway hurling went to Leinster and Galway football went to Hell. No doubt Patrique enjoyed that one there yesterday. Hope PJ retires asap, simply put he is better and deserves better than this sh!t.
I am taking this opportunity to transfer my bigball allegiances to the noble Leitrim footballers for the remainder of the season
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:22 pm

mossbags wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Galway's losing streak in the qualifiers continues - I think they've only won one game in 12 years of qualifiers. And for the fourth consecutive year, they exit the championship following a one point defeat.
Yup, Galway hurling went to Leinster and Galway football went to Hell. No doubt Patrique enjoyed that one there yesterday. Hope PJ retires asap, simply put he is better and deserves better than this sh!t.
I am taking this opportunity to transfer my bigball allegiances to the noble Leitrim footballers for the remainder of the season

On behalf of "muinter Liatroma" this voted of support may yet prove invaluable...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:34 am

mossbags wrote:I am taking this opportunity to transfer my bigball allegiances to the noble Leitrim footballers for the remainder of the season

Are you S Johnston in disguise?

So Leitrim beat Wicklow - a fellow Div 4 side - and at home .... and this is a 'shock'???? Wicklow have won even less provincial titles than Leitrim ... i.e. none. Bit of realism here please.

Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Unlike Boc and RHM I was fortunate enough to make the journey down to Hyde park on Saturday, It doesn't always be easy getting away for a saturday away game but there was a very sizeable Tyrone support down none the less. In the first half Tyrone were basically held together by big Joe, gormley and Mugsy with Roscommon the masters of their own downfall in front of the posts. Tyrone did start the second half in great fashion and simply blew Roscommon away. Hartes penalty being the sleeping tablet for Roscommon.

Ricey in for McCarron and young McCurry in for Lafferty lifted things to s different level although I wouldnt just be too sore on Lafferty who was sprung into a starting berth when O'Neill was unable to start. I don't know how Mickey can justify starting with McCarron again this weekend against Kerry, Would much prefer even reintroducing Davy at this stage. The main positives would have been the performance of Mugsy in the forward line and the introduction of the new "Adrian Cush" Darren McCurry. I look forward to the day when He, Coney and Ronan ONeill are all lining out together in a Tyrone forward line, which is possibly when we may be considered as All Ireland contenders again.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:08 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Unlike Boc and RHM I was fortunate enough to make the journey down to Hyde park on Saturday, It doesn't always be easy getting away for a saturday away game but there was a very sizeable Tyrone support down none the less. In the first half Tyrone were basically held together by big Joe, gormley and Mugsy with Roscommon the masters of their own downfall in front of the posts. Tyrone did start the second half in great fashion and simply blew Roscommon away. Hartes penalty being the sleeping tablet for Roscommon.

Ricey in for McCarron and young McCurry in for Lafferty lifted things to s different level although I wouldnt just be too sore on Lafferty who was sprung into a starting berth when O'Neill was unable to start. I don't know how Mickey can justify starting with McCarron again this weekend against Kerry, Would much prefer even reintroducing Davy at this stage. The main positives would have been the performance of Mugsy in the forward line and the introduction of the new "Adrian Cush" Darren McCurry. I look forward to the day when He, Coney and Ronan ONeill are all lining out together in a Tyrone forward line, which is possibly when we may be considered as All Ireland contenders again.

I hope the 'new Adrian Cush' delivers on his potential more than the old one did!

Was McCarron that bad, Mugsy? Was it him who was trying to mark Cathal Cregg? I'd worry about Ricey playing, as I thought he looked so slow against Donegal - perhaps Justin McMahon or McCaul may get the nod?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Is McCurry not very light of himself,????
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm

As you know TC I'm no fan of McCarron, I feel he is a liabilty to the team. He was substitued straight after Tyrones penalty and Ricey was introduced, Maybe the loss of possession from a quick kick out made Mickeys mind up but to say that my heart is in my mouth every time McCarron is caught in possession witthin his own 21 yard line is an understatement and I doubt if I'm alone among other tyrone folk with those sentiments. McNabb will most likely slot it there. Ricey will be vaulable for the last 20 minutes similar to Brian McGuigan, Ricey cleaned up almost everything in the second half against Roscommon but 70 minutes is far too much to ask of him. Damien McCaul is also an option yes absolutely.

I compare McCurry to Cush because of his style of kicking although I doubt if Adrian Cush was as good with his right foot as the Edendork lad. I was a great fan of Cush who did suffer from back problems during his career and would have started the All Ireland against Dublin if he hadn't have been wrote off at training in the days leading up to the final. Canavan may have had some form of forward support in 95 final had Cush been available.

Boc, yes McCurry is small in stature, quite similar to young Bradley from Killyclogher in size which is pretty god damn small but he certainly knows where the posts are as well. He picked out some delightful through ball passes on Saturday instead of doing what many do in similar circumstances by playing safe by laying the ball back, give him a year or two and he has great potential going on that performance.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2