GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 4 Qualifiers

5 posters

Go down

Round 4 Qualifiers Empty Round 4 Qualifiers

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Louth v Dublin

Limerick v Cork

Monaghan v Kildare

Sligo v Down
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Round 4 Qualifiers Empty Re: Round 4 Qualifiers

Post  mullins Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Perfect draw for the Dubs...Can't see anything but a Dublin win against the leinster champions..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:01 am

Louth v Dublin
Louth's priority has got to be to keep Bernard Brogan quiet and if they employ their attractive attacking style of play the they just might edge it as they have real quality in their midfield and forward line. Armagh resorted to their defensive comfort blanket against Dublin yesterday and paid the price. The qualifiers will have brought this young Dublin team on however and they should progress but it would be nice to see the wee county get to the quarter final to get some reward for their exploits in 2009.

Limerick v Cork
Limerick looked impressive against Kerry in the Munster final and I suppose it is a potential banana skin for Cork but ultimtely the rebel's class in the forward line should shine through. Two very strong running teams but for me Cork to progress after a physical encounter around the middle of the field.

Monaghan v Kildare
This game may come too quick for Monaghan after todays demoralising defeat and also for Vinny Corey who is very important and was sorely missed. Fermanagh met Kildare in similar circumstances in 2008 after losing to Armagh in the Ulster final the week before and produced one of the worst halves of football that was ever witnessed in championship football. Kildare looked very good in the second half against the dark side last night although the dark appear to be in complete dissarray at present. Its a tough enough one to call and if Monaghan don't feel sorry for themselves all week then hopefully they will progress.

Sligo v Down
The quarter final is as far as the winners of this tie will probably go. Sligo let most of us down today and again it will depend how they will recover. Down are plodding along nicely without setting the world on fire. Both sides have good forwards which should make for an interesting tussle and I think Down might just come out on top possibly after extra time.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am

mugsys_barber wrote:Louth v Dublin
Louth's priority has got to be to keep Bernard Brogan quiet and if they employ their attractive attacking style of play the they just might edge it as they have real quality in their midfield and forward line. Armagh resorted to their defensive comfort blanket against Dublin yesterday and paid the price. The qualifiers will have brought this young Dublin team on however and they should progress but it would be nice to see the wee county get to the quarter final to get some reward for their exploits in 2009.

Limerick v Cork
Limerick looked impressive against Kerry in the Munster final and I suppose it is a potential banana skin for Cork but ultimtely the rebel's class in the forward line should shine through. Two very strong running teams but for me Cork to progress after a physical encounter around the middle of the field.

Monaghan v Kildare
This game may come too quick for Monaghan after todays demoralising defeat and also for Vinny Corey who is very important and was sorely missed. Fermanagh met Kildare in similar circumstances in 2008 after losing to Armagh in the Ulster final the week before and produced one of the worst halves of football that was ever witnessed in championship football. Kildare looked very good in the second half against the dark side last night although the dark appear to be in complete dissarray at present. Its a tough enough one to call and if Monaghan don't feel sorry for themselves all week then hopefully they will progress.

Sligo v Down
The quarter final is as far as the winners of this tie will probably go. Sligo let most of us down today and again it will depend how they will recover. Down are plodding along nicely without setting the world on fire. Both sides have good forwards which should make for an interesting tussle and I think Down might just come out on top possibly after extra time.

Just hope Dublin don't hammer Louth..As for Louths midfield Dublin will dominate this sector....Keep Brogan quiet if yo u do,someone else will step up maybe Jayo.. Round 4 Qualifiers Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:45 am

Interestng games. Not too disappointed with Louth - though they are a good side (and better than Meath maybe!) Dublin will cope with them better than the Royals. Cork will beat Limerick. I think Sligo can beat Down (depending on how sorry they feel for themselves) and Kildare-Monaghan will be a good battle - again depending on how sorry the Farney feel for themselves.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 am

Some very interesting draws there and between sides that would seem evenly matched. See below for my in depth analysis of the games (after last weeks tips it would be best of you backed the opposite of what i say!!)

Louth v Dublin - Everyone will be interested to see how Louth react to their defeat in the Leinster final, they have the advantage of a weeks rest over Dublin, hence giving them a better chance of re-grouping and re-focusing. If they are to do anything then 2 things will require stopping. The supply line into Bernard Brogan and indeed Bernard Brogran himself. The man was simply brilliant against a plucky Armagh side and has the ability to beat teams on his own, Armagh failed to react to his influence on the game and the were punished. Should be a close battle but i think the Dubs will find themselves in the All Ireland Quarter Final.

Limerick v Cork - Cork are the team everyone wants to avoid and they will not be afraid of Limerick. Limerick looked good in patches against Kerry but their lack of big game experience ultimately failed them. Cork are in the top 2 sides in Ireland and should and will easily dispense of the challege of Limerick in the final quarter.

Monaghan v Kildare - One of the ties of the round for me, Monaghan will be bitterly disappointed at how they wilted against Tyrone and oppositely Kildare will be bouyed by how they hammered and out of sorts Derry. Monaghan have the disadvantage of only having 6 days to get their Ulster Final defeat out of their system (unlike Louth and Limerick) and surely this is something that could have been avoided by the bottling GAA? An intense, physical battle will ensue and i think that Monaghan will regain their mojo and beat Kildare, narrowly.

Sligo v Down - Another interesting game, Down have been unconvincing in their Qualifier march while Sligo will be disappointed with their showing and defeat to the Rossies. Saying that, Sligo have beaten some big teams in Mayo and Galway while Down have struggled against Longford and the Biffos, but they have been getting wins non the less and Sligo have the massive disadvantage, like Monaghan, of only having 6 days to get their provincial defeat behind them. That said i think Sligo will have too much for Down, albiet after extra time.

There we have it, comments please.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:06 pm

mullins wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Louth v Dublin

Limerick v Cork

Monaghan v Kildare

Sligo v Down

Just hope Dublin don't hammer Louth..As for Louths midfield Dublin will dominate this sector....Keep Brogan quiet if yo u do,someone else will step up maybe o gara cullen.. Round 4 Qualifiers Icon_smile
Round 4 Qualifiers Icon_biggrin Round 4 Qualifiers Icon_biggrin
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down