GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway

+7
Grenvile
Loyal2TheRoyal
Real Kerry Fan
redhandman
Boxtyeater
Parouisa
mossbags
11 posters

Go down

Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway Empty Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway

Post  mossbags Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Anyone giving Galway a chance here??..................anyone??

I suppose our best hope is if it turns into a shootout a la 2005 as we can certainly get scores but have displayed an alarming capacity for concession in the Championship thus far as well and there is the distinct possibility that Kilkenny could go to town. That said I don't believe our backs are as bad as the last two scorelines suggest as 6 out of the 7 goals we conceded were scored when both games had long finished as meaningful contests with the result beyond doubt both times.

Im hopeful our midfield can give KKs makeshift pair a proper test which they did not get against Dublin and our forwards will all need to bring their A game, Joe espicially. If we put in a perfomrance and battle for the full 70 minutes i'll be reasonably happy.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway Empty Re: Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway

Post  Parouisa Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 am

If ye get within 8 you will be doing well Moss - trust me - cannon fodder I'm afraid .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway Empty Re: Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Parouisa wrote:If ye get within 8 you will be doing well Moss - trust me - cannon fodder I'm afraid .....
Just cos they hammered your lot. Sure we hammered ye twice already this year with a bunch of kids. Kilkenny are not invincible, no team is or ever will be.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Not within 8 Moss - trust me. Cats will lift Liam in Sept make no mistake.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Cody talking up Galway here. He knows

Cody sings Galway's praises
03 July 2012

There is no danger of Brian Cody and Kilkenny underestimating Galway ahead of Sunday's Leinster SHC decider.

Few give Galway a chance of dethroning the Cats - who produced a spectacular semi-final display against Dublin last Saturday week - but Cody isn't expecting anything easy off the Tribesmen.

"When people make a list of potential All-Ireland winners at the start of the year, they're on it," the Kilkenny boss told The Irish Independent.

"You talk about Kilkenny and Dublin and everything else, but the last time Galway played Dublin in a knockout match, a competitive match,they were excellent and gave Dublin a serious beating that day.

"The last day against Offaly, they produced a whirlwind start. The game was over early on. People talk about Kilkenny killing off teams, Galway killed off Offaly completely in the early stages of that game.

"It was game over. They've brought that standard and are a top team. You look around and see the potential and young talent that is there.

"They're an outstanding team, even though they haven't won in the last few years."

Kilkenny captain Eoin Larkin is expected to recover from an ankle injury to take his place against Galway but there are question marks over the availability of JJ Delaney, Colin Fennelly and Paul Murphy.

"JJ (Delaney) picked up a finger injury and obviously had to come off against Dublin and there's no certainty of his availability. But he's not ruled out," revealed Cody.

"Colin Fennelly picked up an injury that day and hasn't trained since. Paul Murphy took a heavy knock and hasn't trained. We have injuries but there's nobody ruled out - but there are definitely a few players not ruled in yet."
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm

He'd make some poker player alright ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:56 am

Kilkenny are in terminal decline....Beatable once you show heart and bravery (A little skill will help).
Their days of bullying teams into submission are over.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 am

I agree with our esteemed hurling expert Boxtyeater. Hard to see any way Galway can lose this game
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:25 pm

is this not the rest of ireland championship as anyone whos not in munster & shows some skill in the ancinet game seems to be allowed to enter to get beaten by kilkenny annually.

kilkenny by ten unless joe puts on a show then kilkenny by 5.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Kilkenny are in terminal decline....Beatable once you show heart and bravery (A little skill will help).
Their days of bullying teams into submission are over.

I agree Box. Cant see them winning for at least 5 years. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Galway have come alive.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Has anyone seen the KK half-forward line?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:43 pm

David Burke's goal was outstanding.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:48 pm

This hammering will do nothing for hurling in Kilkenny Jon. It's doing neither side any good. There should be another tier for teams like Kilkenny. Very demoralising for the county.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Lump on Tipp for the All Ireland.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Leinster Hurling Final 2012 Kilkenny v Galway 09042110
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 am

Parouisa wrote:If ye get within 8 you will be doing well Moss - trust me - cannon fodder I'm afraid .....
Trust me Jayo, this Galway side can play a bit Basketball
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 am

mossbags wrote:
Trust me Jayo, this Galway side can play a bit Basketball

Fair play Moss - awesome performance from 1-15. Cunningham is some manager!

Some memorable things from the game - Cats not scoring from play for 31 minutes and taking 20 to get their first, David Burke's unbelievable point, two cracking goals and my highlight - Johnny Coen's tour de force at number 7!

Hats of to Gailimh.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lingskongiddy Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm in a state of shock after that. Kk were steamrolled, question is can the feat be repeated in a knockout game. The championship has come alive with weekends results.
All native Leinster teams beaten at least once now. Strange days. Shocked

Lingskongiddy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Lingskongiddy wrote:I'm in a state of shock after that. Kk were steamrolled, question is can the feat be repeated in a knockout game. The championship has come alive with weekends results.

Given that ye'll probably have enough for Waterford, Kilkenny look to be next up for Tipp, given the nature of the fixtures
Any thoughts...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:45 pm

yipee galway won a match the celerbrations have a september feel about it,how can galway keep a lid on it,rte at team winners hotel in july was this a first have to say the hits in this game were awsome and fair,it makes the championship more open still wouldnt look past limerick
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Lingskongiddy Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Lingskongiddy wrote:I'm in a state of shock after that. Kk were steamrolled, question is can the feat be repeated in a knockout game. The championship has come alive with weekends results.

Given that ye'll probably have enough for Waterford, Kilkenny look to be next up for Tipp, given the nature of the fixtures
Any thoughts...
I had Kk nailed on as certainties and given the shocking and I must say wonderful result, I hope we don't take Waterford for granted. Having said that though a new pairing in the AI final is on the cards which probably ois a good thing for hurling.
It's amazing how that one result seems to make anything possible.

Lingskongiddy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Not yet, if Waterford beat Tipp then a Kilkenny V Tipp final is still on the cards. But I can't see past Tipp for the All Ireland at the moment.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 am

redhandman wrote:is this not the rest of ireland championship as anyone whos not in munster & shows some skill in the ancinet game seems to be allowed to enter to get beaten by kilkenny annually.

kilkenny by ten unless joe puts on a show then kilkenny by 5.

Have to say, how funny do comments like this look now.
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down