GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final

+10
6inarow
mullins
Grenvile
hurlingguru
gaamad1996
JimWexford
Jayo Cluxton
Loyal2TheRoyal
mossbags
clash-of-da-ash
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who will be victorious?

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Tag1037%Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Tag10 37% 
[ 7 ]
Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Tag1063%Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Tag10 63% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Empty Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Well its just a few days away now the final everybody wanted. Probably the greatest hurling team of all time versus their main challengers for the Liam McCarthy. Joe Canning versus Henry Sheflin. It promises to be a fast, quick, intense game of hurling with plenty of goals in it.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Empty Re: Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:03 pm

After their noble victories over the hordes of Wexford and the boors of Offaly the Galway hurlers have been given this simple instruction for the great battle to come against Kilkenny, as used by generations of Spartan mothers before sending their sons to war.

"E tan, e epi tan".

Come back with your shield, or on it.

Defeat is not an option.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Empty Re: Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:05 pm

The attitude of some of these Galway hurling supporters has a Mayo football support type ring to it. Anyway, I fail to see how a team who were taken to a replay and lucky not to be beaten in that replay can suddenly turn it around within a week and beat the greatest hurling team ever! Kilkenny's greatest challenge this year will come from somewhere in Munster and the Cats know it. Expect them to blow Galway away and put the frighteners on the teams that could actually give them a game.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Poppycock, stick to the bigball where you talk a degree of sense from time to time. We haven't beaten KK since 05 its true, I don't see many great victories by all these great Munster teams your on about in the interm period either, so much for that.
Galway are the one team who Kilkenny know can beat them and Galway will give them a game to remember this Sunday in Croke Park.
Win lose or draw the noble hurlers from the West will hurl right from the very marrow of their deep hearts core, to a man
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Nobody has beaten KK since 05.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 am

I am with Loyal on this one and as a Dub know the futility of misplaced confidence. I used to like and support Galway GAA in both codes - some of my best mates are Galwegians - and it would be wrong to be swayed by some giddy and harmless individuals ... but I sincerely hope the Cats hammer 7 bells of ***** out of Galway this week ... really.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:55 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I am with Loyal on this one and as a Dub know the futility of misplaced confidence. I used to like and support Galway GAA in both codes - some of my best mates are Galwegians - and it would be wrong to be swayed by some giddy and harmless individuals ... but I sincerely hope the Cats hammer 7 bells of ***** out of Galway this week ... really.

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Biggrin,
You never lost it Jayo Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 am

Clash, 6inarow, what do ye make of the Tommy Walsh problem? I'd go with Smith myself, but is there a case to be made for Cullinane or even Iarlath who 'owned' Walsh back in 07?
The Kilkenny man has improved since then though and I'd be fairly sure the reason Smith was taken off prematurely against the biffo's the last day had a lot to do with not risking him picking up a 2nd yellow as he is the obvious solution to Tommy Walsh. Put it this way, after the shcite the Tullaroan man got away with in Tullamore last year its an ideal scenario for the likes of Smith to put him back in his box.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:43 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:The attitude of some of these Galway hurling supporters has a Mayo football support type ring to it. Anyway, I fail to see how a team who were taken to a replay and lucky not to be beaten in that replay can suddenly turn it around within a week and beat the greatest hurling team ever! Kilkenny's greatest challenge this year will come from somewhere in Munster and the Cats know it. Expect them to blow Galway away and put the frighteners on the teams that could actually give them a game.

In one word AGREE
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:51 am

Kilkenny will beat them.

Simplicity at its best and so with his blessings,

GM1996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford
Number of posts : 471

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am

Come on the Cats!!!!

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm

mossbags wrote:Clash, 6inarow, what do ye make of the Tommy Walsh problem? I'd go with Smith myself, but is there a case to be made for Cullinane or even Iarlath who 'owned' Walsh back in 07?
The Kilkenny man has improved since then though and I'd be fairly sure the reason Smith was taken off prematurely against the biffo's the last day had a lot to do with not risking him picking up a 2nd yellow as he is the obvious solution to Tommy Walsh. Put it this way, after the shcite the Tullaroan man got away with in Tullamore last year its an ideal scenario for the likes of Smith to put him back in his box.

Definately should have got the line last year for the belt on Hayes, I reckon no matter who you put on him he is still going to do damage. I'd look at trying to exploit Hickey, hasn't played much championship hurling over the last few years, he is not the quickest and I'd say Damien Hayes could have some luck there.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:05 pm

mossbags wrote:After their noble victories over the hordes of Wexford and the boors of Offaly the Galway hurlers have been given this simple instruction for the great battle to come against Kilkenny, as used by generations of Spartan mothers before sending their sons to war.

"E tan, e epi tan".

Come back with your shield, or on it.

Defeat is not an option.

They threw their shields and ran from Waterford last year. I'm going for Galway but wondering if will be able to cross the line if they get the opportunity...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
mossbags wrote:Clash, 6inarow, what do ye make of the Tommy Walsh problem? I'd go with Smith myself, but is there a case to be made for Cullinane or even Iarlath who 'owned' Walsh back in 07?

Definately should have got the line last year for the belt on Hayes, I reckon no matter who you put on him he is still going to do damage. I'd look at trying to exploit Hickey, hasn't played much championship hurling over the last few years, he is not the quickest and I'd say Damien Hayes could have some luck there.

If Kelly had the balls to give him the red he deserved last year for his horrific 'challenge' on Hayes the whole year would probably have panned out differently. Refs are afraid to upset the Kilkenny apple-cart though,Walsh and the rest of Cody's shower have been getting away with that schite for years and will probably do so again this year. If Smith or Burke had been wearing black and amber jerseys they would not have seen the line in the Wexford/Offaly games, you can be sure of that. This is just another factor to be taken into consideration before facing the 'mighty' Kilkenny.
I think Hayes will to start @ FF. He ripped Offaly asunder from there the last day and Liam Rushe burned Hicky once or twice in their semi, imagine what Damien will do!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Good teams are ruthless and thy know how far too push the boundaries KK been the point.
ALL else think they get away with it and only they get caught, sounding like the shower across the water that play that queens game thing
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Its the Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat for me by +20
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

mullins wrote:Its the Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat for me by +20

Just that they bet you's by alot does not mean that they'll hammer Galway.....it will be tight.
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 pm

I'd say we have as much chance as any of the Munster teams at beating Kilkenny, I wouldn't rate any of them any better or worse than Galway.

What Sunday all boils down to is us playing as close to our maximum potential as we can and Kilkenny having a slow day. If we play like we did defensively against Offaly we have no chance though.

The result isn't the be all and end all of this one (is he waving thw white flag already?!) . If we win it's a brilliant result and the confidence will do us the world of good. If we lose, we can still take positives as long as the performance is good. It sounds stupid to say you can gain confidence from a loss but if we can keep it close then it's something very positive we can take into the rest of the year and hopefully build on because no doubt this is the team any of us will come up against in the final.

Moss I'd agree with you, Smith on Walsh and definitely, definitely Hayes at full forward. Hopefully Ollie will be back to his immaculate best too.

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 pm

I just hope (like) its a good game (like) with a good crowd (like) and a good atmosphere (like) and that (like) sport (like) is the winner at the end of day (like) and I hope that Kilkenny absolutely hammer the ***** out of them! G'wan the Cats!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:33 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
mullins wrote:Its the Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_cat for me by +20

Just that they bet you's by alot does not mean that they'll hammer Galway.....it will be tight.

If galway keep it under 20 that will be a good reult for them..And still leave us 2nd in Leinster Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_smile
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I just hope (like) its a good game (like) with a good crowd (like) and a good atmosphere (like) and that (like) sport (like) is the winner at the end of day (like) and I hope that Kilkenny absolutely hammer the ***** out of them! G'wan the Cats!

Whats going on here jayo....tooo much of that "7up" in yer profile pic aye?

With the blessings of the pioneer association,

GM!996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:37 pm

mullins wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

If galway keep it under 20 that will be a good reult for them..And still leave us 2nd in Leinster Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_smile

Fine take yer imaginary title Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 pm

gaamad1996 wrote:
mullins wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

Fine take yer imaginary title Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz

We all dream Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  gaamad1996 Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 pm

mullins wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:
mullins wrote:
gaamad1996 wrote:

We all dream Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_razz

Fair enough dont dream too much or the slight spurt of gaelic games in Dublin will vanish like all d money.... Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_rolleyes Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_lol Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_lol Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_lol Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Icon_lol

Otherwise his blessings,

GM1996
gaamad1996
gaamad1996
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Galway vs Kilkenny - The Actual Leinster Final Empty kilkenny v galway

Post  CoolCat Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:52 pm

hi there just new on here and wow is there alot of experts from galway here ???.The only answer for u guys is going to be found out on sunday and ye are not going to like it Because if ye get within 6 points of kilkenny then ull be lucky.

CoolCat
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

kilkenny
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next