GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheltenham 2012

+8
bocerty
Thomas Clarke
Parouisa
hurlingguru
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
bald eagle
mossbags
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cheltenham 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheltenham 2012

Post  Real Kerry Fan Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 pm

Another shocker. Finians Rainbow to the fore. Bad week for us Paddies, except Barry Gerathy.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 pm

The Puke wrote:I think that Bobs Worth is open for plenty of improvement from his wind op and run in the Reynoldstown. He is far more suited to going lefthanded and won an Albert Bartlett on good ground last year. i think he will get the better of Grand Crus today, he has 5 lengths to make up on Grand Crus from the Feltham but he loves it around Cheltenham and the return to a left handed track and wind op should help in this regard and if it turns into a battle late on I think he will grind it out.

Hard to oppose Simonsig and Sizing Europe today, both are too short for me but hard to find alternatives to take them on with

The Puke is helping himself to Cheltenham 2012 - Page 2 Food-s62 X 10, courtesy of Victor Chandler tonight..
Good shout Puke...

Are you heading up to see Kauto on Friday...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:I think that Bobs Worth is open for plenty of improvement from his wind op and run in the Reynoldstown. He is far more suited to going lefthanded and won an Albert Bartlett on good ground last year. i think he will get the better of Grand Crus today, he has 5 lengths to make up on Grand Crus from the Feltham but he loves it around Cheltenham and the return to a left handed track and wind op should help in this regard and if it turns into a battle late on I think he will grind it out.

Hard to oppose Simonsig and Sizing Europe today, both are too short for me but hard to find alternatives to take them on with

The Puke is helping himself to Cheltenham 2012 - Page 2 Food-s62 X 10, courtesy of Victor Chandler tonight..
Good shout Puke...

Are you heading up to see Kauto on Friday...

I have the next two days off work but won't be travelling, was supposed to go tomorrow but the best laid plans of mice and men. Will have to do with a morning in bed and watching it on the box.

I will be investing quite heavily in Elliotts runner in the Triumph and Martin Pipe Conditional on Friday - I suggest you do the same. The Clique is all over itCheltenham 2012 - Page 2 Food-s62
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Noted.....

Tomorrows effort looks like an e/w treble with:
Somersby 6/1
Notus de la Tour 14/1
Up the Beat 9/1.

Probably a blast at Peddlers Cross at 7/2. Winnings (if any) possibly lashed on Crossmaglen -4 at 11/10.

Good luck to all and any punters who are making money out of this Festival meeting.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:24 pm

Omar Moving out the yield curve

Sir De Champs 4.9
Sergant Guibbs 11.0
Rubi Light 10.0
Oscar Whisky 6.2
Nice one franky 10.0
UP the beart 11.0

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Noted.....

Tomorrows effort looks like an e/w treble with:
Somersby 6/1
Notus de la Tour 14/1
Up the Beat 9/1.

Probably a blast at Peddlers Cross at 7/2. Winnings (if any) possibly lashed on Crossmaglen -4 at 11/10.

Good luck to all and any punters who are making money out of this Festival meeting.

Omars exchange of choice currently 21.0 or 20/1 gross or 19/1 (net of a win commission) on that punt.
The further away from the Jolly the wider the bookie margin.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 am

Great call on Bobs Worth Chewy, couldn't see it myself, fair play.
2 proper bets today on Peddlars Cross and Riverside Theatre today
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:24 am

Had a rubbish day y'day until Champagne Fever bailed me out at the last, my £1-30 is now a mindblowing £14-50! Looking forward to making the bookie weep again today!! He know's who the boss is now!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm

mossbags wrote:Great call on Bobs Worth Chewy, couldn't see it myself, fair play.
2 proper bets today on Peddlars Cross and Riverside Theatre today

Hard to look past Peddlers and the 4'1 that was available this morning could look like one of the bets of the year if he is anywhere close to right. His last two runs at the Festival are very impressive and he is at a more ideal trip to last year, very hard to oppose. If he wins it will set me up rightly for the day.

Hope the money keeps coming for Oscar Whiskey, Big Bucks now 8/11, the closer he gets to evens the more I would be willing to back him
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:02 pm

The bookie is mine! Sir Des Champs and Riverside Theatre were winners for me and Catch Me was a cheeky E/w bet, don't usually do them either! Not sure how the balance is looking now but it is somewhere in the region of £200 up!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Sadlers Risk 8.2
Snap Tie 14.0
Boston bob 2.5
Burton Port 8.4
Barbers Shop 15.5
Moltov 18.5
Kid Cassidy 7.2

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:19 am

No speculation from Boxty Towers as yet.....

Boxty recouped €100 last night doing a quiz for Allen Gaels below in Drumshanbo..(That's not including a night's free drinking and transportation)..
The Boxty quiz nuggets once again stymied the audience:
A: The closest capital city to Australia?
B: The oldest recognised GAA trophy?
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am

Boxtyeater wrote:No speculation from Boxty Towers as yet.....

Boxty recouped €100 last night doing a quiz for Allen Gaels below in Drumshanbo..(That's not including a night's free drinking and transportation)..
The Boxty quiz nuggets once again stymied the audience:

Port Moresby ?
Sigerson ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:29 pm

OMAR wrote:The Boxty quiz nuggets once again stymied the audience:

Port Moresby ?
Sigerson ?

Yes and No in that order....L2TR will fill in the trophy one later no doubt.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:The Boxty quiz nuggets once again stymied the audience:

Port Moresby ?
Sigerson ?

Yes and No in that order....L2TR will fill in the trophy one later no doubt.

Keegan Cup ?
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:33 pm

As you're onlone OMAR here it is....The Carrahan Flag.... afro
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Great ride by AP on Synchronised. With JP, AP and Jonjo it was a backable one alright. In the photos after the race JP was called in beside the horse. The young grooms wan stepped out but he grabbed her back to her spot beside the winner. Lovely touch - class man.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 pm

[quote="Parouisa"]Great ride by AP on Synchronised. With JP, AP and Jonjo it was a backable one alright. In the photos after the race JP was called in beside the horse. The young grooms wan stepped out but he grabbed her back to her spot beside the winner. Lovely touch - class man.[/quote]

I wouldn't be all that sure about that Para...Now I have no reason to doubt your comment, but this was top of the world day stuff for McManus. Tis' aisy enough to be "The Grand Fella" when your ship comes in, he's a great, if not the greatest supporter of horse racing that we've seen and racing, for all it's bonhomie, is a ruthless game.
McManus is and has been a money speculator, gambling on the pros/cons of national currencies/economies in vast figures. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that he's ahead of the game with regard to this lil' fair and green isle....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 pm

No B - twas just a small thing I noticed. He could have stood in and no-one would have blinked - indeed he had every right to. But he was not doing it at the expense of the lass.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:31 pm

Parouisa wrote:Great ride by AP on Synchronised. With JP, AP and Jonjo it was a backable one alright. In the photos after the race JP was called in beside the horse. The young grooms wan stepped out but he grabbed her back to her spot beside the winner. Lovely touch - class man.

Great result for JP (and AP/Jonjo). Also I seen JP interviewed on C4 and he was quick to commiserate with the KS connections.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Very noble indeed from JP however I'm sure increasing Argentinian agression with regard to the falklands and the subsequent currency impact plus the fact that he needs to be on the 19.22 from London city to Zurich to ensure no taxes are paid on this Isle where not neglected in the course of this noble jesture
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:59 pm

OMAR wrote:Very noble indeed from JP however I'm sure increasing Argentinian agression with regard to the falklands and the subsequent currency impact plus the fact that he needs to be on the 19.22 from London city to Zurich to ensure no taxes are paid on this Isle where not neglected in the course of this noble jesture

Ah sure he gives out more in largesse than he ever would pay in taxes!

But spoken like a true Irishman OMAR - Happy St Pats Day! Laughing
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:21 pm

It ain't all sweetness and light being employed in the racing game. Here's a small tale (verified to the n.th degree) of one of our most famous flat trainers:
They have a solitary horse running in an evening meeting in Limerick Junction. The lass has been at work from 6am. and they depart the yard in a horse-box around 3pm. The horse runs, un-placed, in the 8pm. race. They load up and head for home. The horse-box breaks down and they ring the yard. A mechanic arrives marginally within the hour and after 30 mins. we're up and running.
They arrive home after 12. The yard lights up (sensors). The Master strolls out in dressing-gown after another 10 mins.
The ramp is lowered, the horse is checked (all sound) and the lass says:

Mr.Bolger,** Can I have an hour off in the morning?
Response: After a 19 hr shift.. If you ain't here for 6 don't bother coming in at 7....

**That got your attention...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Many's a time I did a 19 hour+ shift drunken ... and still made Ned Scanlon's for 7am the next morning. Young people these days .... they don't know hardship ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Parouisa wrote:Many's a time I did a 19 hour+ shift drunken ... and still made Ned Scanlon's for 7am the next morning. Young people these days .... they don't know hardship ....

Tell me about it...We have a grand-daughter (2) hospitalised with what Boxty would call "a bug"..
Telephonic assessments are warning of something akin' to the black death..Now the little one is unwell, God bless her but.....

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next