GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Division 2

+8
redhandman
Boxtyeater
Royal_Girl2k9
bald eagle
Parouisa
Loyal2TheRoyal
Thomas Clarke
bocerty
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NFL Division 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Division 2

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Another fine win for Tyrone in Galway. The 100% record has been preserved and we have 10 points to date, with only 2 games left only Kildare can catch us so it looks like promotion is virtually guaranteed.

Peter Harte has also kept his record of scoring a goal in every league game this year, granted it was a penalty but its still a great return from CHB. Another big plus is that Kyle Coney has won MOTM for the second game in a row. I dont pay much attention to MOTM awards but its bound to give the lad a great confidence booster to know he must be doing something right.

With Meath and Monaghan left to play i'd fancy us to finish the league as winners of Division 2 - the mighty Meath have suffered something of a hangover lately and managed to lose to Derry today so i'd say thats 2 more points in the bag when we play them.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:03 pm

as per the wireless - Coney kicked three long range points from play
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:19 pm

OMAR wrote:as per the wireless - Coney kicked three long range points from play

In the space of 2 minutes.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 pm

we also have yet to concede a goal and going by a quick look i had at the tables we are one of the highest scoring teams if not the highest scorers and we also have the best defensive record.

That said this time last week Dublin were the dogs dangly bits, fast forward a week and a defeat by Down changes the landscape ever so slightly..............

A weeks a long time in football..................................
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Congratulations to Tyrone. 10 straight wins to open the season, 5 of them in the league, and a scoring difference in those 5 games of +36.

Excellent effort from Mickey and the boys, and hopefully we can finish off the league with 3 more wins!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Getting a bit unbearable and its just past Paddy's Day .... Sleep

Coca Cola lads - Coca Cola .... or NPower or whatever it is ...
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Loyal, in advance of Saturday night's big match, tell us about Meath. Opened up with 2 very handsome wins, but have since slumped to 3 successive defeats, two of which were in Navan.

What has gone wrong in the Royal county in the last few weeks?
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Loyal, in advance of Saturday night's big match, tell us about Meath. Opened up with 2 very handsome wins, but have since slumped to 3 successive defeats, two of which were in Navan.

What has gone wrong in the Royal county in the last few weeks?

Tell him fook all Loyal .... Razz
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 am

Parouisa wrote:Getting a bit unbearable and its just past Paddy's Day .... Sleep

a bit rich coming after a defeat to a Down team who would be at home in Division 2..............
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 am

bocerty wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Getting a bit unbearable and its just past Paddy's Day .... Sleep

a bit rich coming after a defeat to a Down team who would be at home in Division 2..............

Now now Boc - they were in an All Ireland Final in a lot more recent times than yourselves ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Parouisa wrote:
bocerty wrote:

Now now Boc - they were in an All Ireland Final in a lot more recent times than yourselves ....

counts for fook all P - had they won it you might have had a point, had they even progressed since it you would have had a point. But considering they are an average side at best it must have been a kick in the nuts to have been beaten by them considering the hammering you gave Armagh the week before
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:26 pm

bocerty wrote:But considering they are an average side at best it must have been a kick in the nuts to have been beaten by them considering the hammering you gave Armagh the week before

Not a bit to be honest Boc. Yeah it'd be nice if we beat Mayo in the refix and Donegal and Cork and are then in the shake up at then end but not hugely important. Much bigger things coming up. I'd rather be losing a couple now and finding possible problems than not finding out till the Summer when it might be too late.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Tyrone team for Saturday night's game with Meath:

1 John Devine
2 Aidan McCrory
3 Justin McMahon
4 Conor Gormley
5 Cathal McCarron
6 Peter Harte
7 Ryan McMenamin
8 Aidan Cassidy
9 Colm Cavanagh
10 Ronan McNabb
11 Mark Donnelly
12 Sean Cavanagh
13 Kyle Coney
14 Niall McKenna
15 Stephen O’Neill

7 changes from the Galway game, something that might give the Royals a chance. Gormley, McMenamin, Cassidy, Colm Cavanagh and O'Neill all making their first starts in some time, so we may not see the same level of sharpness that we have seen up til now from Tyrone. Still, with 3 games to go, Mickey is evidently trying to ensure that everyone has game time and is ready to play come the championship.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 pm

11/11 from Tyrone, with this win probably being the easiest of the lot. Meath are clearly struggling very badly, and it is hard to see where they will be able to improve. We were led to believe that this year they would be fitter, faster and better prepared, but they don't seem to be any of those. For the second straight year they face a final game relegation fight, and it will take all Banty's motivational powers to lift them for it.

Tyrone are not without problems either, the most obvious being the constant deceleration late in games (no score in the last 20 minutes today), the mediocre form of a couple of key players (Sean Cavanagh and Justy McMahon), and the failure to convert huge amounts possession into sufficient scores, something that division 1 teams could punish us for.

Still, though, we are better than we were last year, are playing some fabulous football, and we have serious competition for places on the championship side. The signs are still encouraging.

Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:11/11 from Tyrone,

Jeeze TC .... could be a man setting himself up for a fall. Keeping stats of McKenna Cup and Div 2 NFL games may well prove a dangerous pursuit.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Not really Jayo, was just stating a fact, and not commenting on what may or may not happen in the summer.

Personally, I'm happy with our start to the year, although we all know that division 2 of the league is of no interest to you, as you have told us on countless occasions on this thread alone (though why you persist on reading/commenting on it, i've no idea). I also suspect that you have no interest in division 1 either, given your throwaway comments on that thread. Rugby and victimised Dubs get most of your time now, unfortunately.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Meath don't look too good. We only have two or three consistent performers: Reilly, Menton, Gilsenan. Bray has done reasonably well too. Other than that, we're around eleven players short. A local derby next week to decide who stays up and who goes down. Few permutations possible with Monaghan and Westmeath also involved. It'll be embarrassing for the Royals if we go down and neighbours Louth and Westmeath don't. Derry have been very inconsistent but a good draw for them. Unless Westmeath and Monaghan win, and Meath and Louth isn't a draw, they look safe.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Not really Jayo, was just stating a fact, and not commenting on what may or may not happen in the summer.

Personally, I'm happy with our start to the year, although we all know that division 2 of the league is of no interest to you, as you have told us on countless occasions on this thread alone (though why you persist on reading/commenting on it, i've no idea). I also suspect that you have no interest in division 1 either, given your throwaway comments on that thread. Rugby and victimised Dubs get most of your time now, unfortunately.

Now now drop the normal pettiness and man up for a change there TC. Or maybe you are really a woman ..... God knows you bitch enough .... Laughing

Seriously though I will be keeping a real sharp eye out this Summer - any team that can beat Queens, UUJ, Fermanagh (twice!!!), Derry and the likes of Louth and Westmeath are obviously going places.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Shock, horror! 11 minutes after the above response to my rebuke, Parouisa makes a post on the division 1 thread about football! Must be the first time in months, but good to see.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  patsymc Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 pm

are tyrone promoted
patsymc
patsymc
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Shock, horror! 11 minutes after the above response to my rebuke, Parouisa makes a post on the division 1 thread about football! Must be the first time in months, but good to see.

I'll try to keep it up but it's difficult having being there last night and at another club game today as well as some rugby and then tipster takes up a bit of time. You are indeed lucky to have so much time on your hands.

If you could give guidelines as to what level of posting is acceptable in terms of sport, other sports, general etc it would be a big help. Cheers!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:07 pm

I'd merely suggest less sniping, crying and whinging, and you'll be amazed how much time you free up Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:I'd merely suggest less sniping, crying and whinging, and you'll be amazed how much time you free up Wink

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Galway v Kildare in Salthill is the game of the wkend with the winners taking all and heading for Div1 football next year. An immidiate return to the top level was not expected from this Galway side so it's a nice position for them to be in, whereas Kildare will be under pressure to finally show some tangible return for all their solid endeavour over the last number of years and they should bring a decent crowd. Galway have mixed the good with the bad in this years league and find themselves in this position despite dropping points against percieved weaker teams in the division, Louth and Westmeath. Teams unannounced yet but Kildare have a habit of bottling such encounters so I will be heading along with a good degree of hope!!
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 pm

mossbags wrote:Galway v Kildare in Salthill is the game of the wkend with the winners taking all and heading for Div1 football next year. An immidiate return to the top level was not expected from this Galway side so it's a nice position for them to be in, whereas Kildare will be under pressure to finally show some tangible return for all their solid endeavour over the last number of years and they should bring a decent crowd. Galway have mixed the good with the bad in this years league and find themselves in this position despite dropping points against percieved weaker teams in the division, Louth and Westmeath. Teams unannounced yet but Kildare have a habit of bottling such encounters so I will be heading along with a good degree of hope!!

dont know Mossbags i think Kildare have got their bad performances out of their system and i would still have them as a marginally better side than Galway, though home advantage is usually worth a point or two in tight games like this
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next