GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

+8
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
Parouisa
The Puke
Grenvile
Boxtyeater
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:52 am

I returned from funeral around 3pm (yesterday in fact) to find herself in a conspiratorial mood....

"Bridie (aka Daubers wife) phoned there an hour ago".....
"And" sez I.....
"The SFP cheques are out....."

I hurled cool, calculated how long it would take Gulliver's young lad to do the post and reached a decision. I'd sit tight and treat him right.
Around 5.30pm a fairly buckled Gulliver straggled up the street bearing remunerations from Brussels. He was full of bonhomie.. drunken

We sat him down and herself lashed a few roast beef sandwiches into him. Boxty eschewed food and poured a fair lock of Jemmys.
By quitting time, I directed him toward home, having assured him that the remaing post would "hould till morning".

We had "a ball'a malt" apiece and I got my top-coat and walked to the village. I ceiliadh with a few neighbours and was royally received, being the bearer of good tidings and explaining the cause for delay...I visited our own graves and indeed all the graves and prayed for all. The ould Abbeys looked the finest as duskus fell and the floodlights came on.

Dan was in the finest of fettle when I arrived, calling for Crested Tens with chasers and gave a fine rendition on Nóréén Bán..
We tripped across the street to the Fine Gael house around midnight where there was less revelry and he launched into "Rise and follow Charlie" announcing the return of Fianna Fail....

There'll be some begrudgers but we're immune to them......A good oul' day allround,]Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. - Page 5 Food-s23
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. - Page 5 Empty Re: Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Pursuant to my query to RKF on the strength or otherwise of Dingle GAA club, here's a link to Aughawillian GAA club here in Leitrim.
I'm unsure of the most recent census, but the 2006 figures put the half-parish around 300 souls...

It's a tidy little site, the "History" section is a good read (if you're interested).
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:11 pm

More staggering events from the locality. Been a bumper season for phesants as well......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:More staggering events from the locality. Been a bumper season for phesants as well......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The precedent is that they now play ulster championship for the club and get the line after 5 minutes
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:18 am

[quote="OMAR
The precedent is that they now play ulster championship for the club and get the line after 5 minutes
[/quote]

Shocked The Observer reports the presence of the Chairman of the C/B......He was as welcome as, let's say, Seanie Fitz would be in Ballyconnell...Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. - Page 5 Smile129
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Had occasion to be in a bar in Kildare street this evening. We were seated with our host in whispered discourse when we were ambushed by a rustic type of boxty vintage who had clearly enjoyed his afternoon watching the oiling of the wheels of democracy.
My unease was heightened when he announced himself as hailing from Fenagh Suspect
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Didn,t fully catch the name though something about being a cousin of Frank Caron or mcarren or somthing like that. Our host noded in understanding asked after his brother in law and exchanged pleasantaries.

Other observations - Pearse Doherty is about 6 inches taller than he looks on telly and Varadker is more st emilion than chateau Arthur
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm

OMAR wrote:Had occasion to be in a bar in Kildare street this evening. We were seated with our host in whispered discourse when we were ambushed by a rustic type of boxty vintage who had clearly enjoyed his afternoon watching the oiling of the wheels of democracy.
My unease was heightened when he announced himself as hailing from Fenagh Suspect

Why would your unease be heightened by this comment Question What harm is there in hailing from Fenagh Question
I'm missing from the forum for a day and a harmless local rustic wanders into a source of refreshment in a Dublin hostelry and there's immediate suspicion. The gent in question (given the correctness of the christian name and a fair stagger at the surname) is the salt of the earth, although (wearing my detective hat) I cannot fathom his recent wanderings. Proper title wouldn't be far off this mind you....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Leitrim dog owners warned of licence checks .
From Shannonside.......

Dog owners in Leitrim are being advised that dog licence checks will be carried out throughout the county in the coming weeks.

Leitrim Community Wardens will be conducting house to house checks and will issue on-the-spot fines to any dog owner found without a licence.

All dogs over four months of age must be licensed.

The move comes following reports of a number of incidents where stray dogs have bitten people in recent months.

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. - Page 5 Fighti10 for the LCW.....I've enough om my plate without this.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 am

If you have a colour dog you must have a colour licence
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 am

I can see the headline in the Leitrim Herald now ....

Pensioner Denies Ownership of 28 Malnourished Dogs .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:32 am

Parouisa wrote:I can see the headline in the Leitrim Herald now ....

Pensioner Denies Ownership of 28 Malnourished Dogs .....

- Add in Lietrim Observer
Have your dog look three months old again
Tooth pulling service offered - Will supply own pliers
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 am

Anyway Boxty see this for what it is .... tis just a test before the Revenue coming around your gaff and assessing your property portfolio .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Parouisa wrote:Anyway Boxty see this for what it is .... tis just a test before the Revenue coming around your gaff and assessing your property portfolio .....

My property portfolio......Ah here Jayo....Followers of this forum should know that Forumite OMAR "knows" a cousin of mine who operates in the same Machiavellian fiscal world as himself. Black cats have black kittens and all that...

I'm a mere "working tenant" here with years, where applicable...The grants are attached to the holding once you retain conformity..
The dogs, as initially outlined, are treated as "Farm Animals"...

Ever been to the Caribbean islands.....Good understanding of the evasive process/language/tax exemption process world-wide...

Forumite OMAR has never been involved with Boxtyeater in any way, either by telephone/e-mail/SMS Text or personally......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5