GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

+8
Loyal2TheRoyal
OMAR
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
Parouisa
The Puke
Grenvile
Boxtyeater
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. Empty Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:15 pm

A New Year is upon us and it has opened, as has become our custom, with a tragedy. I would like to include in the opening post, my condolences to our county sponsor, Joe Dolan and family (the Bush Hotel), on the tragic loss of their beloved Andrew RIP...
They may gain some succour from the quite staggering turnouts of the last few days, there's hardly a man who ever wore a club jersey, ne're mind the beloved Green and Gold, that didn't make an appearance..."The Legendary" could handily pass for 70...

Prospects for 2012: Not looking good, were there a Div 5 we might well be 4/7 to drop. Staggering to think that exactly 20 years ago, we lost a play-off to Kildare, having beaten them in Newbridge, to get to Div 1....But that was an era where we had stand-out players (Mickey Quinn's All-Star) all over the field..

Root Causes for Decline: I'll eschew the populist opinion (small pick) and lay it firmly on the County Board. They have an aberration with "conforming to Croke Park rules"..completing leagues, moving c'ship calendars smoothly, blah blah...subserviant..This forelock tugging exercise has seen the man (Mulligan), once perceived as the successor to "The Legend", fall foul of a double cruciate...

The 2012 c'ship team: This has a dodgy look about it, given that 4 of the 6 starting backs are unavailable- Dermot Reynolds X 2, (1 retired and 1 emigree), Gary Reynolds, Ronan Gallagher and the oft' maligned Barry Prior, all lost to the county through work issues..
The Beirne brothers, Mossy and Conor, will, for varying reasons be unavailable - and we move to the front 6....Mulligan is but a shadow of his former self, the Manor Glancy is undeserving of his place, not to mind the captaincy and Croal remains our most potent force..

The Future: Hard to call. I'd have good time for the Management team, but their subservience to the CB may cast a doubt. Good young lads like Shane Moran (B'more) and Morgan Quinn (A'willan) may be forfeited at the altar of NFL matches....

Boxty's view: Back to the tried and trusted formula...Ignore North Leitrim altogether, country backs and townie forwards...**

**Aughawillan backs and Ballinamore forwards..

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. Empty Re: Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

Post  Grenvile Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:A New Year is upon us and it has opened, as has become our custom, with a tragedy. I would like to include in the opening post, my condolences to our county sponsor, Joe Dolan and family (the Bush Hotel), on the tragic loss of their beloved Andrew RIP...
They may gain some succour from the quite staggering turnouts of the last few days, there's hardly a man who ever wore a club jersey, ne're mind the beloved Green and Gold, that didn't make an appearance..."The Legendary" could handily pass for 70...

Prospects for 2012: Not looking good, were there a Div 5 we might well be 4/7 to drop. Staggering to think that exactly 20 years ago, we lost a play-off to Kildare, having beaten them in Newbridge, to get to Div 1....But that was an era where we had stand-out players (Mickey Quinn's All-Star) all over the field..

Root Causes for Decline: I'll eschew the populist opinion (small pick) and lay it firmly on the County Board. They have an aberration with "conforming to Croke Park rules"..completing leagues, moving c'ship calendars smoothly, blah blah...subserviant..This forelock tugging exercise has seen the man (Mulligan), once perceived as the successor to "The Legend", fall foul of a double cruciate...

The 2012 c'ship team: This has a dodgy look about it, given that 4 of the 6 starting backs are unavailable- Dermot Reynolds X 2, (1 retired and 1 emigree), Gary Reynolds, Ronan Gallagher and the oft' maligned Barry Prior, all lost to the county through work issues..
The Beirne brothers, Mossy and Conor, will, for varying reasons be unavailable - and we move to the front 6....Mulligan is but a shadow of his former self, the Manor Glancy is undeserving of his place, not to mind the captaincy and Croal remains our most potent force..

The Future: Hard to call. I'd have good time for the Management team, but their subservience to the CB may cast a doubt. Good young lads like Shane Moran (B'more) and Morgan Quinn (A'willan) may be forfeited at the altar of NFL matches....

Boxty's view: Back to the tried and trusted formula...Ignore North Leitrim altogether, country backs and townie forwards...**

**Aughawillan backs and Ballinamore forwards..

Not his only worry from what I hear..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread.. Empty Re: Leitrim 2012...All matters, agricultural and otherwise on this thread..

Post  The Puke Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:04 pm

I lost all respect for Leitrim GAA when one of their teams cheated at the Feile a couple of years back in order to win a cup. I believe it was Sean Heslins or something similar was the name of the club, disgraceful carry on. Pure scumbags
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 pm

The Puke wrote:I lost all respect for Leitrim GAA when one of their teams cheated at the Feile a couple of years back in order to win a cup. I believe it was Sean Heslins or something similar was the name of the club, disgraceful carry on. Pure scumbags

The culpatibility fell on the Seán O'Heslins club, no doubt, besmirching his stature in the annals of Leitrim history....
That said, allowing for indescretions on the side of JS's people, it hardly quantifies with the shame ye're fookers drew on the game...

Hold on..Colin Lynch .....in a min..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:I lost all respect for Leitrim GAA when one of their teams cheated at the Feile a couple of years back in order to win a cup. I believe it was Sean Heslins or something similar was the name of the club, disgraceful carry on. Pure scumbags

The culpatibility fell on the Seán O'Heslins club, no doubt, besmirching his stature in the annals of Leitrim history....
That said, allowing for indescretions on the side of JS's people, it hardly quantifies with the shame ye're fookers drew on the game...

I would suggest you read Sean Kelly's book before you bring Colin Lynch into this
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 pm

The Puke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

I would suggest you read Sean Kelly's book before you bring Colin Lynch into this

I have it here beside me...On what page did he exculpate him?

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

The fookers from t'other end of our fair county should have been marched to every house in Bmore and made to take the medals in person from the 13 year olds concerned. If they were that keen to see justice done let them see it to the end.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
The Puke wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:

I have it here beside me...On what page did he exculpate him?

There is a full chapter about it. In Kelly's words, Lynch was the only man to come out of the whole affair in 1998 with his integrity in tact and was a far bigger man that any of those involved. Kelly said the only time his father ever cursed at him after Lynch got his ban.
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:17 pm

The Puke wrote:I have re beside me...On what page did he exculpate him?
it he

There is a full chapter about it. In Kelly's words, Lynch was the only man to come out of the whole affair in 1998 with his integrity in tact and was a far bigger man that any of those involved. Kelly said the only time his father ever cursed at him after Lynch got his ban. [/quote]

I have the book open, leathenach 101, "The Munster Council"..It lasts about 10 pages...
Reviewing the occasion, via you-tube, the athmosphere and the occasiion, tis' hardly a wonder thaty one Clareman lost the head.,...

Pukey is like a boiling baxtard that he didn't appreciate/be there those days......
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 am

Yet another ridiculous thread .. in a forum heavily populated by ridiculous threads ... mostly by denizens of Leitrim .... and Clare. Two (thankfully) underpopulated and hugely unsuccessful (GAA and otherwise) counties .....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Parouisa wrote:Yet another ridiculous thread .. in a forum heavily populated by ridiculous threads ... mostly by denizens of Leitrim .... and Clare. Two (thankfully) underpopulated and hugely unsuccessful (GAA and otherwise) counties .....

Here, look cock, we've had this type of antagonistic comment in the past, mainly from a poster calling himself JayoCluxton. Given that you're somewhat of a newbie here, let me relay a message to you, received today via PM, from the Head of Affairs here, RMD...

"Mo chara, Boxtyeater,
As existing HOA on this forum, I'd like to wish you and yours an happy and prosperous New Year. I would appreciate if you could, on behalf of the forum, extend these wishes to your trusted allies and their families, namely the Dauber and the Crane..
With regard to the scurrilous post from Parouisa, on the thread referring to Leitrim football in 2012, please disregard. I've asked the forum's legal adviser, Jonsmith, to forensically examine the text of it, given that a former poster, JayoCluxton, breached similar guidelines.
In the meantime, as HOA I'm encouraging yourself and ......................to carry on as heretofore, bearing in mind that care must be exercised in the disclosure of actual facts....The amnesiac Kerryman springs to mind.
Respectfully yours,
RMD..Head of Affairs."....
statement ends

As a footnote Parouisa, I liked your use of the word denizens. T'was a focal I brought to the forum, nice to see it used correctly...

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 am

Just as an aside..I spotted a quare rake of Millenium team men yesterrday in the one room...funeral duties..
QuinnsX2, Flynn, McGarty, Murray, Dolan, Martin and the Honeymonster...Throw in Colm O'Rourke....

Despite circling the noble parish of Fenagh in a determined fashion on foot, The Honeymonster ain't losing lbs....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:36 am

Boxtyeater wrote:Just as an aside..I spotted a quare rake of Millenium team men yesterrday in the one room...funeral duties..
QuinnsX2, Flynn, McGarty, Murray, Dolan, Martin and the Honeymonster...Throw in Colm O'Rourke....

Despite circling the noble parish of Fenagh in a determined fashion on foot, The Honeymonster ain't losing lbs....

Fenagh benefiting from the current trend of player transfers this year I believe..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:40 am

Jonsmith wrote:Fenagh benefiting from the current trend of player transfers this year I believe..

You're a gas man... Last years news... We took one "unhappy exile" in '98......Look at the C/F '99 ..Boxty wudda kicked them, Mad

We have, potentially, 2 great prospects in Donal Wrynne and Shane Dwyer. As they develop, the nucleus of the club, the likes of the McLoughlins, the Flynns, Patrick and Peter Guckian's contributions to the Red and Black fade to memory...These lads were cornerstones, tough and hardy, reared up with rugged football, imposing figures in any ground/field but just lacking the slickness of townie teams...

That said, I'd prefer to lose 10 C/F's with my own than win 1 with an import.....

FAO Parouisa.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:Fenagh benefiting from the current trend of player transfers this year I believe..

You're a gas man... Last years news... We took one "unhappy exile" in '98......Look at the C/F '99 ..Boxty wudda kicked them, Mad

We have, potentially, 2 great prospects in Donal Wrynne and Shane Dwyer. As they develop, the nucleus of the club, the likes of the McLoughlins, the Flynns, Patrick and Peter Guckian's contributions to the Red and Black fade to memory...These lads were cornerstones, tough and hardy, reared up with rugged football, imposing figures in any ground/field but just lacking the slickness of townie teams...

That said, I'd prefer to lose 10 C/F's with my own than win 1 with an import.....

FAO Parouisa.

Not the worse sort of import, in fairness the lad lives in the Village now. Small but as cool as a breeze on the ball and a streak of 'ignorance' to rival Gerome..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Dublin full of imports. Taking our jobs, GAA places ... but not our women. Very Happy Sure the brother has been doing a bit of coaching down there in Fenagh and sorting ye out with trips to his club in Dublin ... showing ye what real GAA clubs do.

The last trip to Dublin 4 of the Fenagh lads defected - looking for 'political asylum' in the city. The running water and electricity was the clincher ....
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:56 pm

[quote="Parouisa"]Dublin full of imports. Taking our jobs, GAA places ... but not our women.

Got you on all counts. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:27 am

Boxtyeater wrote: the likes of the McLoughlins, the Flynns, Patrick and Peter Guckian's contributions to the Red and Black fade to memory...

No Gannons there Boxty?
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:41 pm

No Gannons there Payo...I hope you're not counting the Gannons from our neighbouring parish of Drumreilly. More known for entrepreneurial skills and conviviality...
One of same, "Our Tony", owns City Recovery, a "car repair" enterprise in Dublin which formed part of an impressive portfolio that once included the Abbey Bar and a colourful racehorse called "Fenagh Flyer"..
The horse was aptly silked in red and black, but the "Flyer" part, apart from to Boxty's knowledge, a memorable outing in Roscommon, failed to cut the mustard....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Jonsmith wrote:

Not the worse sort of import, in fairness the lad lives in the Village now. Small but as cool as a breeze on the ball and a streak of 'ignorance' to rival Gerome..

You would travel a fair distance to match the bould Jerome in all fairness. The day he was marking an inter-county debutant that he rooted up a grassy sod and began eating it, prior to shaking hands with the debutant only adds to his status...
The old song line "I won't back down" comes to mind whenever his name is invoked.. Oddly, he's a real nice man in normal circumstances.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 pm

Deputy Luke Ming Flanagan recovers following Hospital stay
Jan 12 2012

Roscommon South Leitrim TD Luke Ming Flanagan is recovering at home following a short spell in Hospital.

The Independent Deputy was taken to Sligo General Hospital with suspected heart problems and underwent an angiogram.

However Doctors have given him the all clear and discharged him from hospital.

Deputy Flanagan says he will be taking a few days off to rest.

The pressure of representing the people of South Leitrim must be getting to Ming......I'll start a Rosary.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Connacht FBD League....

Leitrim 1-08----Roscommon 1-05.

That is all.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm

One of Boxty's lads is launching a new EP next Saturday night in The Social Club in Dublin's city center....Boxty gathers that this offering will be on the EP and they appear to have a bit of a following on some Facebook Swords or vice/versa thingy.....
If anyone familiar with this commercial music lark can track down their popularity, I'm wondering should I immediately take over the Paul McGuinness role.....

Edit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 pm

I liked it Boxty. Best of luck to them.
They could perhaps do with a guitarist and the drums need to be mic'd better but I like your ones voice.
Can you find out if that's a Maple PDP that the drummer is playing? If he's ever looking to get rid of it ... Wink
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:50 am

RMDrive wrote:I liked it Boxty. Best of luck to them.
They could perhaps do with a guitarist and the drums need to be mic'd better but I like your ones voice.
Can you find out if that's a Maple PDP that the drummer is playing? If he's ever looking to get rid of it ... Wink

Here RMD, who do you think bought this apparatus in the first place......You got it right....Boxty.. Mad
Granny and I have endured some quare nights of noise to get the project to this stage......

Typical, typical, once you're on the cusp of greatness along comes a "scalper".....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next