GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread.

2 posters

Go down

Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread. Empty Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread.

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Given that it Christmastime and all that, I'd like to dignify the passing of Paddy McGinley on this forum with a few of his nuggets....

I think your username and one of his quotes might fill the bill:

Last edited by Boxtyeater on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread. Empty Re: Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread.

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:31 pm

29/0302011.

I will spend the next six years wondering how Eskimos can stick the cold.

And then another 6 about Hottentots and the heat.

And then I will wonder that despite its population, why Clare are bloody awful at Alpine skiing. And how come the Swiss, with a population nowhere near Britain are so good at it.

Enough to occupy myself with there.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread. Empty Re: Patrique...A Christmas tribute thread.

Post  bald eagle Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 am

Like the sentiment Boxty and i will start with what i think was his last post on the forum -

19-09-2011
Your Young Hurler of the Year and Senior hurler of the year
Neil McManus and Neil McManus.

This one i find very poignant as it was possibly his last post, i honestly still find it sad and hard to believe that Pat will never tread this board again. Amazing when you consider that i never (knowingly) met the man.

Will have a search and add some of what i percieved to be his gems when i get the chance.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down