GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute)

5 posters

Go down

Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute) Empty Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute)

Post  Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:35 pm

How do people see this game going. Fancy the Toffees myself.
I hear the Everton Fans will have a huge Blue Remember the 96 Banner with them, fair play. Nice to see some respect/goodwill returning to soccer for a change.

Back to top Go down

Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute) Empty Re: Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute)

Post  mid-mon man Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Great chance for Everton here, they probably should be winning it. Ferguson knows where his priorites lie, Rooney and Ronaldo didn't even travel. Super-Sub Macheda gets a start.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute) Empty Re: Everton V Man Ure (Hillsborough Tribute)

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:37 pm

The question is who do you want to win the FA cup?

Not chelsea anyway Laughing
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Winners of today then!

A Utd win today would be a bonus, clearly thinking of the league as every game now is crucial. Very young line-out, would be great to see the likes of the Da Silvas, Anderson, Gibson, Welbeck and Macheda do well today.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Any time I see the word Chelsea, I always expect to see Mourinho. Sad The Premiership seems a darker place without him. Though he's long gone ( but I think he'll be back some time in the near future ) he's still remains in my heart as one of the best soccer managers of all time. Sorry totally off topic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:16 pm

I love to see ManU lose, but tbh, i would have preferred a chelsea v manu fa cup final. Still even though the biggest teams arent playing eachother, it doesnt mean it wont be a cracker. I remember a few years back, west ham were playing against liverpool and it was one heck of a game. Hopefully this year it'll be the same!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Why do people not perceive Everton to be a "big" team? They have been consistently in the top 5 or 6 for the last 6 or 7 years despite not having the millions that the other clubs have. They have also taken more points off the "big 4" than any other club over the last few years!
Before yesterday, Chelsea had not played any premiership teams in this years competition. Everton have now knocked out Liverpool, Aston Villa and now Manchester United.
In the premiership and in the Champions League and up to this weekend in the cup, it's Arsenal v United or Chelsea v Liverpool ad nauseum, is it not refreshing to see a different team battling it out for glory? And what better team than Everton?

It's a grand old team to play for,
And it's a grand old team to support,
And if you know your history,
Its enough to make your heart go worrr,
We don't care what the red s**te say,
What the f**k do we care?
Cos we only know there's gonna be a show
When the Everton boys are there!!!
Go on the Toffees!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Shinners
Shinners

Longford living in Dublin
Number of posts : 982

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Fair play to Everton, really hope they finish the job in the final, would be great to see them win.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Sorry, I know this is a GAA site and I know I've gotten a little carried away but the last time Everton got to the final was 1995 and they won it so apologies for my excitement.
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:17 pm

No need to apologise Shinners, sure it's the Non-GAA section! Celebrate away. Hopefully you'll be celebrating even more in a month's time! Wink
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:13 am

well played Everton. good to see United get knocked out.

now the mighty Liverpool for the league!

Berbatov's penalty was laughable!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Shinners wrote:Why do people not perceive Everton to be a "big" team? They have been consistently in the top 5 or 6 for the last 6 or 7 years despite not having the millions that the other clubs have. They have also taken more points off the "big 4" than any other club over the last few years!
Before yesterday, Chelsea had not played any premiership teams in this years competition. Everton have now knocked out Liverpool, Aston Villa and now Manchester United.
In the premiership and in the Champions League and up to this weekend in the cup, it's Arsenal v United or Chelsea v Liverpool ad nauseum, is it not refreshing to see a different team battling it out for glory? And what better team than Everton?

It's a grand old team to play for,
And it's a grand old team to support,
And if you know your history,
Its enough to make your heart go worrr,
We don't care what the red s**te say,
What the f**k do we care?
Cos we only know there's gonna be a show
When the Everton boys are there!!!
Go on the Toffees!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
How many of them are over 6' 4" like those mighty men from Connemara then and only then can they be preceived as a BIG team
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinners Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Maraoune Fellaini is 6"4 (though how much of that is him and how much of it is hair has still to be ascertained)
We can never forget Big Dunc who's a full 6"4 inch lunatic - I remember hearing years ago that he confronted 2 lads that broke into his gaff - and one ended up in hospital.
He was and still is a legend.
Shinners
Shinners

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down