GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Hunt Thread 2011/2012

+3
Loyal2TheRoyal
Boxtyeater
mossbags
7 posters

Go down

National Hunt Thread 2011/2012 Empty National Hunt Thread 2011/2012

Post  mossbags Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:38 pm

We've seen a few of the big guns out already, the likes of Sizing Europe being very lucky at Gowran whilst over at Aintree Masterminded got turned over by Albertas Run but the jumps kicks off in earnest this weekend with the Charlie Hall at Wetherby. Above average renewal this year with the likes of Hennessy winner Diamond Harry, top novice from last year Time for Rupert and Poquelin from the Paul Nicholls yard all in the mix.

Diamond Harry has conditions in his favour, track, trip, ground. He has a stupendous strike rate(10/13) and goes exceptionally well fresh (5/5) and should be primed for this after missing the latter festivals from last season.

Time For Rupert still has plenty to prove. He bombed when it mattered most last season and the excuses weren't long in coming. A patch on his lungs! This in itself isn't great but coming after the horse was forced to miss last years Argento Chase due a bad scope you'd be within your rights to wonder about the horses constitution. A potential Gold Cup rival to Long Run, he has been found wanting in tries against serious top level opposition, last years RSA and any time he came up against the real deal over hurdles. He could yet turn into a proper Gold Cup candidate, especially as he seems to love it round Cheltenham but he remains a watching brief for now.

Poquelin is an interesting contender going up in trip and is the highest rated of these. The trip could well be the making of him but nothing he's done so far suggests he's particularly crying out for it. I will be very surprised if at least one of the aforementioned duo does not finish in front of this admirable yet just below top class animal.

Of the rest in a quality field, last years winner Nacarat has obvious claims but this is a much tougher renewal and he has had his limitations exposed oft times before. His best chance of success this time comes from dictating the pace from an uncontested lead and would be an interesting runner I/R in this regard.

Chicago Grey and Quinz are both held by TFR whilst Weird Al seems to have lost his grá for the game completely. Neptunes Collognes is a grand old campaigner and will win a decent race or two this season as he usually does but looks a bit vulnerable to younger legs on this occasion.

This race is clearly much more than a match between Diamond Harry and Time For Rupert but at the same time it would be a bit disappointing and I'd personally be surprised were either of those two not to win it and I expect one of them will. In such a scenario the odds are clearly in my favour. As though its such early days in the season I will be cautious.

Recommendation: Diamond Harry 2pt win @ 11/4

mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

National Hunt Thread 2011/2012 Empty Re: National Hunt Thread 2011/2012

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 pm

Who, or whom, on this forum, or the people's alternative, has the interest in "Prince of Milan" a winner at 11/1 in Killarney on Thursday...

Familiar but un-profitable, for some reason... Crying or Very sad
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:54 pm

mossbags wrote:Recommendation: Diamond Harry 2pt win @ 11/4

I put 2pts on this Antepost. Missed the race - where did Diamond Harry finish?
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
mossbags wrote:Recommendation: Diamond Harry 2pt win @ 11/4

I put 2pts on this Antepost. Missed the race - where did Diamond Harry finish?

Rolling Eyes
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:49 am

2 winners for ye tomorrow, Wayward Prince in the Hennessy and Rock on Ruby in the Gerry Feilding, both at Newbury
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Waaheb out of the Supreme Novice's.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Boxtyeater drew Neptune Collonges in the Abbey Bar Grand National sweep. He then, for divilment, had €5 ew on said horse.

It's fair to say that Boxtyeater was in a proverbial "lather of sweat" in the closing stages.

Delighted for Paul Nicholls, whom Boxty rates as an alright sort, and the connections.....

The win was blighted hugely by the loss of Synchronised...A dark night at Jackdaw's Castle....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Had him myself Boxty. 2 years in a row now and I had Lion na Bearnai last Monday, my luck must be changing affraid
Synchronised being such a high profile horse will being the RSPCA out in force. Rumours spreading around that Chicago Grey has suffered a heart attack and died. Hope it's not true, Punchestown back next week.

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:55 pm

what sort of money would a horse like Synchronised be insured for!!!!! Seemed to be acting the maggot before the race even started but not nice to hear of horses having to be put down due to injury.

Had a few quid on Cappa Bleu
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 am

bocerty wrote:what sort of money would a horse like Synchronised be insured for!!!!!

Well, he was a gelding Boc, so his value would have been limited.

Flat racing sensation, Frankel, on the other hand, about whom rumours of retirement gathered speed today, would be an altogether different kettle of fish.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down