GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions League 2011/12

+11
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
Parouisa
Boxtyeater
bocerty
Grenvile
OMAR
mullins
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Champions League 2011/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League 2011/12

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Have to hold my hands up. Real disappointing. Shocking effort at penalites.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Poor standard of penalty taking all right. Happy to see Bayern go through. Thought they had a great attitude throught the game and it'll be nice to see the underdogs in the final!
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:05 pm

I tuned in for the penalties, terrible stuff!!!!

Then the "analysis", even worse. It was almost Apres Match stuff, the lads spoofing on about their "exploits"...

Entertainment wise though, it was top notch, as in the middle of some pontification from Dunphy, Brady said (I think) "Will you be quiet there"....

And there was me thinking D'Unbelieveables were the only ones at this type of comedy...

Champions League 2011/12 - Page 3 Man-in10
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:05 am

brutal penalty taking altogether, £250k a week and cant score from 12 yards with only a keeper to beat. Fair play to Bayern going 2-0 down didnt really seem like it was going to be their night but they kept at it and managed to get the all important away goal.

Mourinhos bad luck as he likes to call it, in CL semi finals continues, that must be 3-4 he has lost now. Didnt watch alot of it to be honest as i am sick of watching grown men fall over at the slightest touch. It makes me cringe some of the crap they get up to. If they were half as good at the football as they were at the theatrics they'd be doing well.

Rumour has it that after the antics of Drogba in the first leg UEFA has asked that the fourth official for the final is a fully qualified lifeguard!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 am

Was sticking out a mile that Ronaldo would fook up after Messi did the night before ...
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Chelsea's reserves will be battered in the final.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Chelsea's reserves will be battered in the final.

Ah wait and see. Chelsea 2-Bayern 1. AET. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Ah well almost there. My new avatar shows the queue outside Stamford Bridge on the morning of Sunday 26th April 1970 for cup final replay tickets the following Wednesday at Old Trafford. Can see myself with the aid of a magnifying glass near the front as we started at midnight before. 7/6p was the price of the tickets,same as Wembley,have the stub still. Followed them to almost every ground in England. That Cup final win against the GREAT Leeds team was a memorable night. I know it will be surpassed on Saturday 19th May 2012. Again Chelsea 2-1 after extra time. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri May 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Two hard teams in that 1970 Final. Would love to see how Ronaldo would have dealt with Ron Harris or Norman Hunter. He wouldn't be winking at them anyway!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Fri May 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Parouisa wrote:Two hard teams in that 1970 Final. Would love to see how Ronaldo would have dealt with Ron Harris or Norman Hunter. He wouldn't be winking at them anyway!

Yes Par. Watched some of that match again a few years ago. It was amazing what was allowed. They kicked and punched the sh*t* out each other. Even Jack Charlton said at the time the reason he missed Osgood for the equalise rwas that he was looking for Hutchinson to kick.The good old days. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:
Parouisa wrote:Two hard teams in that 1970 Final. Would love to see how Ronaldo would have dealt with Ron Harris or Norman Hunter. He wouldn't be winking at them anyway!

Yes Par. Watched some of that match again a few years ago. It was amazing what was allowed. They kicked and punched the sh*t* out each other. Even Jack Charlton said at the time the reason he missed Osgood for the equalise rwas that he was looking for Hutchinson to kick.The good old days. Very Happy

the good old days when men were men.

ESPN Classic shows some great sporting events from years gone by, watched one a while back it was a game between Coventry and Man Utd (i think). Standard wasnt great but there no shin guards, keeper had no gloves or any of that bollocks and they were kicking lumps out of each other. One thing stood out for me, one of the Coventry centre halfs had a bandage round the head when the game started, and through the course of the game the commentator went on to say that the reason for the bandage was they had played West Ham the day before and he had to get 6 stitches in a head wound!!!

The guys of today would sulk if you asked them to play 2 games in two days and as for a head wound, god forbid they'd be out for 6 weeks.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 pm

"Give me a lucky general"
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat May 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Well there's no way they're the best team in Europe.

Bayern robbed.

And just to add insult to injury the hero is the biggest cheat in the modern game.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 am

Poor post.

Any team with the attitude, commitment and resiliance of Chelsea deserves to win.

Bayern Munich weren't robbed either - they had several chances to win it in normal time. They were one up and took off the goalscorer - replaced him with a centre-half. They missed a soft penalty in extra time and they even led the shootout. Don't forget they had the biggest advantage of all playing the match at home.

Drogba once again delievered in a big game. A wonderful player. I also my have my own ideas about cheats and I wouldn't call Drogba a cheat.

Cole was brilliant as well. Muller slipped in behind for the goal but apart from that, what an outstanding performance.

And nobody thinks Chelsea are the best in Europe. Although given they did beat the best team 1-0 at home and drew 2-2 with them away, you can't exactly say they aren't deserving winners.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun May 20, 2012 12:30 am

SamiPremier08 wrote:Well there's no way they're the best team in Europe.

Bayern robbed.

And just to add insult to injury the hero is the biggest cheat in the modern game.

They've got the cup to say they are the best Sami and thats all that matters!!!!

How the hell were Bayern robbed????? As Loyal says they missed a penalty which could have won it and they were up in the shoot out. No one to blame but themselves Sami lad
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 am

Another poor post on soccer from Sami, who lets his bias (positive or negative) affect his offerings on this sport.

I'm no lover of Chelsea, but they certainly deserve their title, having over-hauled a 2 goal deficit in the qtr final, defeated Barcelona in the semi, and dragged the game out of the fire against Bayern in their own stadium. Credit where it is due, and their determination and organisation deserves great credit.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm no lover of any of them, never mind Chelsea, but delighted for their supporter RKF here......Two items I've noticed from from watching bits of it on news programmes....

1. This John Terry is a complete ape. Getting togged out to run about in the aftermath, prior to receiving a medal. Wrong.
2. Abrahamovic ploughing through everyone to grab at the cup. You would think his dog had won at Crufts. Also wrong.

Now that the Germans have been exposed at soccerball, all their steely resolve, organisation blah blah, it's time to put the skids under Merkle and stand up to the hoors in Berlin and Frankfurt. They're on the ropes only to knock them out....

Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sun May 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I'm no lover of any of them, never mind Chelsea, but delighted for their supporter RKF here......Two items I've noticed from from watching bits of it on news programmes....

1. This John Terry is a complete ape. Getting togged out to run about in the aftermath, prior to receiving a medal. Wrong.
2. Abrahamovic ploughing through everyone to grab at the cup. You would think his dog had won at Crufts. Also wrong.

Now that the Germans have been exposed at soccerball, all their steely resolve, organisation blah blah, it's time to put the skids under Merkle and stand up to the hoors in Berlin and Frankfurt. They're on the ropes only to knock them out....

couldnt agree more Boxty - someone said its the quickest he got into his kit since Wayne Bridge landed home unexpected one day
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun May 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I was giving my opinion, as everyone else does on this forum, and my opinion is that Chelsea are not the best team in Europe as their new title suggests.

My opinion is that, despite some performances which some will brand positively as "determined" or "resilient" that Chelsea have scraped their way through this competition in a style which one would not expect from the 'Champions of Europe' (a la Greece winning the Euros in 2004).

My opinion is that Bayern were 'robbed' in the sense that they dominated that game so much that they should have won. In hindsight maybe 'robbed' is the wrong word, but they should feel aggrieved that they lost (albeit due to their own shortcomings).

My opinion is that Didier Drogba is a cheat. He is a great player - and has potential to be an incredible footballer. However he is not a sportsman. He consistently dives and feigns injuries, with the full intention of deceiving the match officials in order to win possession for his team and/or cause deliberate hold-ups in play. This is completely unsporting and, in my opinion, amounts to cheating.

Finally I will take the time to apologise to Thomas Clarke for giving my opinions on this forum. It would seem that any posts which disagrees with his sentiments are "poor" and not worthy of attention. I find his inability to converse with people without first degrading the value of their opinion and merit as a poster rather sad.

SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun May 20, 2012 2:02 pm

A better post Sami and, while one may not agree with all that you have written, at least this time you took the time to explain your point of view.

A fine improvement in the presentation of your argument, and timely, considering it is exam season. Smile
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

People who play sports have lower loral standards than those who post on forums - that is my opinion. The diving and the feigning of injury gives people something to talk about but you people aren't really living in the real world.

Drogba dosen't dive. He does down easy. I have seen players criticised for going down when they weren't touched - the problem here is the reason they weren't touched is because they took evasive action. That is not diving. That is bad defending. The alleged diver is more than entitled to a free. An inability to tackle properly is a bigger blight on the game than diving.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun May 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:People who play sports have lower loral standards than those who post on forums - that is my opinion. The diving and the feigning of injury gives people something to talk about but you people aren't really living in the real world.

Drogba dosen't dive. He does down easy. I have seen players criticised for going down when they weren't touched - the problem here is the reason they weren't touched is because they took evasive action. That is not diving. That is bad defending. The alleged diver is more than entitled to a free. An inability to tackle properly is a bigger blight on the game than diving.

Complete rubbish. Really struggling to understand your logic here. How on earth is the diver entitled to a free after hitting the deck with ridiculous theatrics when the opposition player did not touch them and did not foul them? If the player was fouled, they wouldn't have to dive.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun May 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Great great victory. Backs to the wall most of the time but great resolve again to battle it out. I dont accept penalties are the ideal way to resolve a tie, preferred the golden goal which when it was used teams went for it.Anyway say what you like about Drogba he has been a great man on the great day, always.Lucky maybe but sure Kerry won 36 soft All Irelands and we took them reluctantly. Wink
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 20, 2012 9:23 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:I was giving my opinion, as everyone else does on this forum, and my opinion is that Chelsea are not the best team in Europe as their new title suggests.

But they are the winners of the European club soccerball final. A victory, that for them, represents the pinnacle of their clubs achievements. The manner of this victory, while engaging some, will not matter in 5, nay, 10 years..
Their name is up there, with a meagre 1 trophy, not quite Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool or Notts Forest, but up there.....

I've seen cheats thwart my county more than 50 years ago, weak refeereing in the face of a bigger county.
We came back. There's no way the use of the word "cheat" can be applied to Chelsea's victory last night. They simply dug it out.

On the back foot for long periods, Yes.
Suffered a quasi-mortal bolw at 83 mins, Yes.
Replied with a stunner at 88 mins, Yes.
Survived a possible KO with the peno, Yes.
Regained the initiave in the shoot-out, Yes..

Remind me of Offaly V Limerick, hurling final day back in the day and the quote about Dracula and the stake....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks Box. Very Happy
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan