GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions League 2009

+2
SamiPremier08
mid-mon man
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Champions League 2009 Empty Champions League 2009

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Tuesday 7th

Porto V Man United (Holders)
Arsenal V Villa Real

Wedensday 8th

Liverpool V Chelsea
Bayern Munich V Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2009 Empty Re: Champions League 2009

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 pm

United are as I can see it are not wanting this game as much as Porto, def 2nd best.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 pm

Still reckon Utd can get another goal, it's coming. I'd fancy Utd to win in Porto anyway. Playing shocking though.

Arsenal may just be in a spot of bother if they don't get an away goal, Villarreal are a good team for a 0-0 draw, and if they get the 1-0 tonight Arsenal could be frustrated in the 2nd leg. Van Persie a big loss.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 pm

yeah man united are looking poor tonight. however as usual we'll get the traditional 5 minutes plus of pointless injury time to ensure united get a winning goal!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:08 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:yeah man united are looking poor tonight. however as usual we'll get the traditional 5 minutes plus of pointless injury time to ensure united get a winning goal!

No need for injury time tonight Sami, sure there's another game to come to score all the goals they need!

And even if there was 5 mins given and they scored the winner in the 89th minute people would still complain about the injury time...
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 pm

yeah theres a second leg but that's not the point. see there - a sound penalty appeal - the ref wouldn't dare give that at OT! Ferguson seems to think he is in charge and United are above everyone else and it shouldnt be allowed!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:22 pm

It's the same in alot of grouds, for example the Kop end in Anfield, the ref wouldn't be as likely to give Chelsea a penalty there as he would at Stamford bridge is he? How would Ferguson influence a European ref in the likes of this game, if a ref is influenced as easy as that then he shouldn't be a ref and is a poor excuse of a man. It's not exclusive to Od Trafford and Man Utd which alot of people seem to think. Of course the crowd plays a part, as it does in any home game for every team, what has Ferguson got to do with that?
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm

the way he complains about referees and match scheduling almost as if everything should be to his specific standards. any other manager would be sanctioned and fined for saying and doing what Ferguson gets away with these days.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm

late goal for united AGAIN

jammy b******ds
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I used to love seeing Fergusen being put in his place by Mourinho. We need Jose back, he doesn't seem happy over there anyway. I think we could see a return before the end of the year Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm

yes!! COME ON PORTO!! cheers cheers cheers
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 pm

brilliant!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Some goal by Adebayor.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Yessssssssssssssss come on!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

That'll knock the gum out of Fergusen's mouth. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 pm

it's not over yet

united will score this probably - they're so lucky!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 pm

The ref will probably gift them a peno. Wouldn't be the first time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:39 pm

Final whistle.

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

You disappoint me Sami, I hadn't put you down as one of those people who would cheer against a certain team rather than support one themselves. Same with yourself Lil by the looks of it.

Why are Utd jammy for scoring late goals? It's a sign of working to the end and getting their reward. Liverpool have scored more injury time goals than any other team this season yet I don't see you calling them jammy. In this case they conceded yet another uncharacteristic sloppy one, but it doesn't take away that Tevez's goal was a very cleverly worked goal with a great bit of skill from Rooney to set it up. You'd think it was a deflected tap in the way you call it jammy.

Well a terrible result after a brutal performance. Still all they have to do is win at Porto which I was always confident from the draw was made. If Utd relied on away goals against Porto then they wouldn't deserve to be in it.

Last edited by mid-mon man on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:48 pm

mid-mon man wrote:You disappoint me Sami, I hadn't put you down as one of those people who would cheer against a certain team rather than support one themselves. Same with yourself Lil by the looks of it. Whatever

Why are Utd jammy for scoring late goals? It's a sign of working to the end and getting their reward. Liverpool have scored more injury time goals than any other team this season yet I don't see you calling them jammy. In this case they conceded yet another uncharacteristic sloppy one, but it doesn't take away that Tevez's goal was a very cleverly worked goal with a great bit of skill from Rooney to set it up. You'd think it was a deflected tap in the way you call it jammy.

Well a terrible result after a brutal performance. Still all they have to do is win at Porto which I was always confident from the draw was made. If Utd relied on away goals against Porto then they wouldn't deserve to be in it.

Apologies but cheering against Man U comes second natuure to me. Don't worry I'll always be for Monaghan ( as long as they're not against Mayo...........or any team I like better) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:52 pm

LilMaighEo wrote:
Apologies but cheering against Man U comes second natuure to me. Don't worry I'll always be for Monaghan ( as long as they're not against Mayo...........or any team I like better) Very Happy

Doesn't narrow it down much Lil, that could be most of the country! Razz Do you like Laois better, or Derry for that matter? Twisted Evil
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

"a brutal performance"? United didn't play well at all - if anything Porto deserved a victory tonight! cheering against man united is second nature to me also, i respect the team for their football talent, but everything else about United just disgusts me really.

sorry i hate to be disappointing.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  mid-mon man Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Only read through my other post there and to my horror seen I left the start of a deleted sentence in, and it said "Whatever"! That's in the wrong context, I sounded like an American teenager!
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:58 pm

mid-mon man wrote:
LilMaighEo wrote:

Doesn't narrow it down much Lil, that could be most of the country! Razz Do you like Laois better, or Derry for that matter? Twisted Evil

No way! Razz I like Monaghan, I don't know why.Razz Monaghan would be my favourite northern team bar Donegal. Clare are my favourite southern team and I don't really have a favourite eastern team. So not Dublin though. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next