GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions League 2011/12

+11
RMDrive
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
Parouisa
Boxtyeater
bocerty
Grenvile
OMAR
mullins
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Champions League 2011/12 - Page 5 Empty Re: Champions League 2011/12

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 21, 2012 4:50 pm

bald eagle wrote:No, i am giving MY opinion on Drogba as a person, you have your own (a cheat) and i have mine. I have not in any post mentioned that he should be forgiven for trying to trick a referee because of what he does off the pitch, have a look and see if you can find where i have.

On cheating, my views are simple, a dive is no different to the pull of a shirt or a hurley, or calling for a line ball when you know for a fact that it was against you. These are examples of cheating as you are trying to deceive a referee, it's just that people don't like diving and appear to accept the others. People appear to have a certain hypocrisy when it comes to diving when compared to other forms of cheating.

That's fair enough.

I think the issue with diving is that, whilst a shirt pull or whatever just seems part and parcel of the game, diving seems to take things to a very obvious, somewhat ridiculous extreme. In a contact sport it just seems very pathetic and sort of petty in comparison to the other examples.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Diving is now part and parcel of soccerball, like it or not! How many times will you see a player who is obviously fouled in the penalty area NOT be awarded a penalty simply because he stayed on his feet?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 21, 2012 4:55 pm

TC, I am not missing your point.

I watched the final like anyone else watched the final, and I appreciate that Drogba performed very well and had a huge impact on the game, as I believe I have stated on numerous occasions now.

However I feel that the praise and adoration being heaped upon Drogba is a bit false and shallow because, in my opinion, he is a player who plays with a certain 'style' which, in my view, amounts to cheating.

Need I keep repeating myself?
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm

bald eagle wrote:Diving is now part and parcel of soccerball, like it or not! How many times will you see a player who is obviously fouled in the penalty area NOT be awarded a penalty simply because he stayed on his feet?

Which I find pathetic and disgusting, which is why my opinion about Drogba is the way it is.

The simple solution is to give an immediate yellow card for a dive. Two dives and you're off.

If the player is obviously fouled a penalty should be given whether they stayed on their feet or not.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 pm

That is the rules Sami, simulations carries a yellow card, the same as pulling the shirt, talking back to the ref, handling the ball outsie the box etc. It is simply a form of cheating, regardless of it not being around as long as ,say, shirt pulling. that you find more acceptable.

I know what the bug bear REALLY is that you have against diving, and it's nothing to do with Drogba is it? Come on, admit it.....

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Mon May 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Young sami is scared to admit where his hatred of diving comes from, well here is the real reason, Paul Alc0ck taking the biggest dive in history against Sami's beloved Wednesday!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon May 21, 2012 8:04 pm

bald eagle wrote:Young sami is scared to admit where his hatred of diving comes from, well here is the real reason, Paul Alc0ck taking the biggest dive in history against Sami's beloved Wednesday!

To be fair that is a shocking dive!
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon May 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Look at Klinnsmann's double somersault at WC1990, widely regarded as the greatest 'dive' of all time.

Klinnsmann wasn't touched but what a clumsy and reckless challenge by the Argentinian defender. He was asking for trouble.

In my opinion, even though Klinnsmann wasn't touched, his stride was badly impacted by dangerous play. He was going down anyway. But he was more than entitled to make the most of it.

As I say, mistimed tackles are a bigger problem than diving.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Linnekar,Gerrard,Rooney are just three that spring to mind who used diving to get their teams victory in major competitions.Carefully glossed over by the English media when it suited. Sad
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Linnekar,Gerrard,Rooney are just three that spring to mind who used diving to get their teams victory in major competitions.Carefully glossed over by the English media when it suited. Sad

And Michael Owen was the King of diving for penalties.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Be I agree about Celtic but Man U spend record amounts on numerous occasions for players when other clubs could not compete financially with them Rolling Eyes ,.Along comes a few bob and suddenly its not fair.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am

Real Kerry Fan wrote:Be I agree about Celtic but Man U spend record amounts on numerous occasions for players when other clubs could not compete financially with them Rolling Eyes ,.Along comes a few bob and suddenly its not fair.

That's why i only mentioned the '68 side as being a great achievement. I rank United and Madrid as massive underachievers in the modern era due to the money they have spent for the success attained.

I never mentioned Chelseas money as being unfair, only the over-inflated prices they have had to pay for players because of it. Spurs must be kicking themselves now for rejecting Roman when he approached them to buy them originally!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue May 22, 2012 4:20 pm

The man of the moment has confirmed his departure from Chelsea.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue May 22, 2012 4:33 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:The man of the moment has confirmed his departure from Chelsea.

Following in the footsteps of Pete Sampras, John Elway, Peter Canavan and Sea the Stars by going out at the very top!
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Tue May 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:following in the footsteps of Pete Sampras, John Elway, Peter Canavan and Sea the Stars by going out at the very top!

Razz Razz Razz good one TC!
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down