GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for the Final

+5
hurlingguru
Grenvile
mossbags
Jayo Cluxton
North Side Gael
9 posters

Go down

Plans for the Final Empty Plans for the Final

Post  North Side Gael Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 am

Whats your plans for the all ireland finals approaching anyone going to any of them?

Anyone getting blocked in the local or club?

Anyone head to dublin to savour the atmosphere without the 80 euro ticket?

Me personally, im heading to the local for this week, the football is to far away to determine the plans for it, ill be at the camogie final next week cheering on the saffs!

I have to say i love AI final day as much as pats day, up for a fry then for mass, home for the papers, couple in the house watching the minor game, the out on the lash and home for the post match celebration special on the sunday game that evening, brilliant day!
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Plans for the Final Empty Re: Plans for the Final

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:49 am

Have to get me head around the next few weeks ...so many Finals - so little time ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:48 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Have to get me head around the next few weeks ...so many Finals - so little time ....
Agreed Jayo. What with the minor, the under 21 Hurling(already won the football Plans for the Final 417703 ) not to mention the camogie I am at a loose end monkey
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:53 am

mossbags wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Have to get me head around the next few weeks ...so many Finals - so little time ....
Agreed Jayo. What with the minor, the under 21 Hurling(already won the football Plans for the Final 417703 ) not to mention the camogie I am at a loose end monkey

Cavan have been lucky on this front in fairness.. Our 3 AI finals this year have been well spaced out.. (As have the ones in the 15 years previous...) cheers

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Heading up Sunday with the lads. Going on the Hill..............can't wait Very Happy

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Sunday is likely to find Boxty the worse for wear. A local hero has retired this week from some vague capacity within the Board of Works (its' the only connection Boxty can find linking his name and work) and the hero has rebuffed all forms of a civilised "do" in favour of a good old-fashioned session of porter with a "few select companions".....

A mini-bus is on standby to enable some of us see the county semi-finals Suspect but the best laid plans and all that.
The likelihood is that Sunday will find Boxty hanging by a thread but as long as the Cats do it the sun will come up again Monday...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 pm

With herself being a Cat,i usally get dragged kicking and screaming to watch the cats in the finals....This year i will go with a smile on my face as the Young Dubs are in the Minor final.. Laughing
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:51 pm

mullins wrote:With herself being a Cat,i usally get dragged kicking and screaming to watch the cats in the finals....This year i will go with a smile on my face as the Young Dubs are in the Minor final.. Laughing

Clearly no appreciation of the game whatsoever.... Mad Keep away from hurling threads..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Due to circumstances beyond my control I can't go on Sunday but today I had the pleasure of giving my two tickets to a man who was mad to go .... a Donegal man and a decentskin. Sporting ecumenism at its best. Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Due to circumstances beyond my control I can't go on Sunday but today I had the pleasure of giving my two tickets to a man who was mad to go .... a Donegal man and a decentskin. Sporting ecumenism at its best. Laughing

And 2 back for the football...... Wink
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 pm

mullins wrote:And 2 back for the football...... Wink

No strings m - I know if I need something the future I can count on this man - thats what its all about. Football tickets will be no prob Very Happy

Speaking of Final days though - and I posted this before - I always remember the cars parked on our road on the morning and the people eating sandwiches out of the boot after a long hard journey. The ma would always send us out to see if they wanted any more hot water or to use the toilet or anything. Nice memories of when this was a decent country .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
mullins wrote:And 2 back for the football...... Wink

No strings m - I know if I need something the future I can count on this man - thats what its all about. Football tickets will be no prob Very Happy

Speaking of Final days though - and I posted this before - I always remember the cars parked on our road on the morning and the people eating sandwiches out of the boot after a long hard journey. The ma would always send us out to see if they wanted any more hot water or to use the toilet or anything. Nice memories of when this was a decent country .....

I remember reading that Jc it was an enjoyable read,i was thrown out of my bed many a nights to let friends/family of the DA sleep soundly before and after the match.....Our house was a stopping point Very Happy
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Avoid all Dubs like the plague.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:Avoid all Dubs like the plague.

very sad post
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 pm

mullins wrote:

very sad post

Brought a tear to my eye to write it and all. Only buzzing anyways, my mam feeds me so.. Smile
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 am

I lived on North Great Charles St for a couple of years. Some of the residents there were kind enough to look after the cars of people who'd come up from the county for the games for a not un-reasonable fee. Sound skins. Of course some folk didn't think the fee was quite so reasonable and usually ended up having to get the bus home.

(God help the Cavan lads if they ever make it to Croker silent )
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
mullins wrote:With herself being a Cat,i usally get dragged kicking and screaming to watch the cats in the finals....This year i will go with a smile on my face as the Young Dubs are in the Minor final.. Laughing

Clearly no appreciation of the game whatsoever.... Mad Keep away from hurling threads..
In fairness I'd probably rather watch the game on the telly then sat next to some bird from Kilkenny
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 am

mossbags wrote:I lived on North Great Charles St for a couple of years.

Know someone who bought there years back - fine red brick period house. Had it and miss relationship with the 'kids' but sold at the right time and for a big price!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:04 pm

mossbags wrote:

What's it like to have your county playing in September chaps? Been so long for me i can't remember, Jesus i even had hair then!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 am

bald eagle wrote:
mossbags wrote:

What's it like to have your county playing in September chaps? Been so long for me i can't remember, Jesus i even had hair then!!!!

Will tell you in October BE ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:07 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
mossbags wrote:

Will tell you in October BE ...

Or November... Depending on how well stocked Dublin is with heino
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content