GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs

3 posters

Go down

gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs Empty gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 pm

i see gilroys organised 2 friendlys against monaghen and laois. Anybody know where and when these will be played??
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs Empty Re: gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 pm

wtf!! thye match was last night!! mid-mom-man did ya go?? any use?? where the hell is saggart?? is it near chapleizard??
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs Empty Re: gilroy plans 2 friendlys for the dubs

Post  mid-mon man Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Didn't get to the game lino, sure I'm an adopted dub during the week! Bit far to go! Dubs won by 7, 0-17 to 0-10.

Only going by what I was told by a friend who was at it, and a report in the herald. We had a very experimental side out, yous had a good few changes too. We were absolutely cleaned at midfield apparently, a young lad who's lucky to be on panel up against Whelan, no surprise how that one turned out! 0-7 to 0-2 to Dublin at HT, and we were lucky Dublin had a good few wides, Diarmuid Connolly in particular who was replaced at HT. We got some of our big guns on after the break but couldn't do enough to swing it around. Dublin midfield scored 0-5, Whelan getting 3. Some young lad called Kelly scored 0-5. I'll not read much into it from our point of view as we were a long way off our championship team, but it shows up our lack of cover against a top side. Dublin impressive though, not taking away from that, could have scored a good bit more. Still, it's better than training and gave the young lads and fringe players a run, the target is the next game against Armagh where we can hopefully get a result.
mid-mon man
mid-mon man
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Monaghan
Number of posts : 1838

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:18 pm

i wouldnt read too much into it either mid, sure we've a couple just back from injury. it does beat trainning but ya do risk injuring some players. surprised connelly subbed at half time, as i do think if he puts his head down he could be a great player. was he injured the past while and not fully recovered???or just on gilroys bold boy list?? im hoping for a good result against the donegallers. will prob go down to see them tomorrow night if i can find my way down to saggart!!! not being a typical dub fan but does the luas/ dub bus go near it?? havent a clue of the southside! all i knows the poitin stills near by! and michelle smith!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:21 pm

lino_de_legend wrote:havent a clue of the southside! all i knows the poitin stills near by! and michelle smith!

Lino - its off down the Naas Road (N7), so you have to negotiate the Mad Cow!

I know you won't believe me but the 69 buses go to Saggart!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
lino_de_legend wrote:havent a clue of the southside! all i knows the poitin stills near by! and michelle smith!

Lino - its off down the Naas Road (N7), so you have to negotiate the Mad Cow!

I know you won't believe me but the 69 buses go to Saggart!

ah jayo, my favourite bus rouye!!! brill!
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down