GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL Div 1 final

+5
JimWexford
clash-of-da-ash
Jayo Cluxton
hag and cheese
SamiPremier08
9 posters

Go down

NHL Div 1 final Empty NHL Div 1 final

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 am

Cork vs. Galway

I can see this one being a fairly close encounter, especially after the draw these two teams had first time round in the league this year. Cork have looked marginally the strongest throughout the league IMO so I'd probably tip them to win it. Wouldn't write off Galway just yet though.

Any thoughts.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

NHL Div 1 final Empty Re: NHL Div 1 final

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 pm

I'd give cork the nod at the moment, still a cork team short of 2 forwards i think to challenge for an all-ireland. Galway on the other hand could beat any team on their day but you never know what sort of a galway team you'll play against.

Would cork think about sticking gardnier in on canning at any stage?
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary
Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:58 pm

hag and cheese wrote:

Hag - Loyal will contend that the only time you have to mark Joe is when he's taking placed balls .... NHL Div 1 final Icon_razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:07 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
hag and cheese wrote:

Hag - Loyal will contend that the only time you have to mark Joe is when he's taking placed balls .... NHL Div 1 final Icon_razz

Sure Joe Canning is absolute S*ite NHL Div 1 final Icon_lol
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:27 pm

The time may yet be changed. 7pm is awful late, would also prefer if it was on in Croke Park, only 2 hrs drive to Dublin.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Please God Galway will win this .... Cork winning a double will be insufferable ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hag and cheese Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Please God Galway will win this .... Cork winning a double will be insufferable ...

Could you Imagine a double double then think everyone bar cork people would leave the country!!
hag and cheese
hag and cheese
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The time may yet be changed. 7pm is awful late, would also prefer if it was on in Croke Park, only 2 hrs drive to Dublin.

Agreed times are too late a lot of us are thinking of not going even with Wexfords only chance of silverware this season.
Start at 5pm over at 8:30
Get out of Thurlus and home anything up to 2 1/2 to 3 hours bit late for kids
Really talking about leaving home at 12 in the day and not getting back till 12 that night, too later and it a Bank Holiday weekend you'll meet the boys in blue everywhere and no chance of making up lost time, unless you want the extra few points on the license
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:49 pm

The worst thing is that its only on at 7pm because of the munster rugby match and yet not so long ago the GAA was up in arms over the Irish team using GAA facilities. The GAA should have put the match on a 1 or 2 and forget about clashing with the rugby.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The GAA should have put the match on a 1 or 2 and forget about clashing with the rugby.

Well said ....er, Clash!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

NHL Div 1 final Empty NHL Finals

Post  GAAGenious Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

I think Clare will beat wexford and i think Clare are the team for 2010 all they have to do is beat an aging waterford side and they are in a munster final against a team who has to beat either Cork and Limerick if its Tipp or If its cork they have to beat Tipp and Limerick. I think Limerick will show big improvements come june not enough to beat either cork or tipp but they wont be as easily pushed over so Munster for me Fancies Clare.

For the NHL1 final I think Galway will romp home against Cork by about 7 points simply because Cork have played so well so far this year the petrol might run out on them. Galwaly are looking at Kilkenny in Leinster after such a cracking game in Tullamore last year a convincing League final win will surely set them up for another cracker against the cats this time in the Leinster final all going well for them.

Verdict NHL2 : Clare by 2.... Clare 2.15 Wexford 1. 16

Verdict NHL1 : Galway by 7.... Galway 3-18 Cork 2-14
GAAGenious
GAAGenious
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Laois / Mayo
Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:19 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:The worst thing is that its only on at 7pm because of the munster rugby match and yet not so long ago the GAA was up in arms over the Irish team using GAA facilities. The GAA should have put the match on a 1 or 2 and forget about clashing with the rugby.

In fairness the GAA do need to make money - the theory behind their plan is probably that people can watch the rugby and then go to the game. If both are on at the same time, less people would go to the hurling. They want the biggest gate possible to make as much money as they can. Quite understandable really.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 02, 2010 10:43 pm

I enjoyed this one I must say. A number of observations to ponder.
Galway were fitter, more fluent, more aggressive and took some fine scores. Ger Farragher had a tidy game in midfield though Cork were woeful in that area. Kavanagh had a fine game at full back though Aisake's hurling skills remind me of some of the efforts we produce locally here... NHL Div 1 final Suspect
Séan óg was absolutely destroyed, how he made it to half time is a mystery. Cork look to be short 5 or 6 and I'd say Tipp aren't panicking at this stage. Galway appear to have found some mental resolve and Clash and Bags should have reason for optimism based on today's performance...
But at the level Kilkenny will be aspiring to......lets wait and see.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 am

Great win for Galway hurling,its been a long 6 years. They seem to have really pulled themselves together since the second half collapse against Tipp. They didn't give Cork an inch and the workrate was excellent. They are playing more as a team this year compared to other years. With Farragher taking the frees it takes some pressure off Canning, he also seems more effective when they are not looking to pass it to him all of the time. Teams will now see its no longer a one man team. Glad to see Kavanagh get man of the match today as he has been Galway's best consistent performer over the last 5 years and he was badly missed against Waterford last year.

Hopefully we can use the confidence boost to push on and win Leinster or even to get into an All Ireland final which they are capable of doing.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon May 03, 2010 12:35 am

Sh1t - posted a long msg here and lost it!!!

Galway look very good physically and posted a good score. They also posted a huge amount of stupid wides in the second half - and this will concern the management. But it can be fixed. I feel the Cats are concentrating solely on September and so can see the Tribes winning their first Leinster. They may need to be careful not to peak to early.

Cork were way short this evening. Rangy forwards are all very well - if they have a bit of skill. A few guys that have been first on the teamsheet were poor today and the Rebels have a mountain of work to do heading into the C'ship. Because of their problems over the last couple of years I think they (understandably) took the League a lot more serious than others - and they were found way short.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon May 03, 2010 1:00 am

Great performance from Galway. They'll be delighted with the spread of scoring too not having Joe Canning getting most of their scores. Very physical all over the pitch and they'll tighten Leinster this year! It appears the pack are closing in on the Cats...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon May 03, 2010 4:30 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote: the Rebels have a lock of beefy subs who'd want a month in a health farm before heading into the C'ship. .

Minor adjustment.......... NHL Div 1 final Icon_wink NHL Div 1 final Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sat May 15, 2010 12:25 am

Boxtyeater wrote:I enjoyed this one I must say. A number of observations to ponder.
Galway were fitter, more fluent, more aggressive and took some fine scores. Ger Farragher had a tidy game in midfield though Cork were woeful in that area. Kavanagh had a fine game at full back though Aisake's hurling skills remind me of some of the efforts we produce locally here... NHL Div 1 final Suspect
Séan óg was absolutely destroyed, how he made it to half time is a mystery. Cork look to be short 5 or 6 and I'd say Tipp aren't panicking at this stage. Galway appear to have found some mental resolve and Clash and Bags should have reason for optimism based on today's performance...
But at the level Kilkenny will be aspiring to......lets wait and see.

I agree with Boxty here, Galway have the All-Ireland sown up NHL Div 1 final Icon_rr

That said, Fergal Moore missing the entire campaign through injury ain't gonna help matters one bit but it is a testament to the management team that there is now top class cover for every position on the team. Damien Joyce is getting better with the years and his starting position is assured now with the loss of Fergal. By far the most positive thing to take from the league final,alongside their intensity for 70 whole minutes, were the displays of Msr's Donal Barry(Castlegar) at 5, David Burke(St Thomas) at MF and young Aiden Harte from Gort who switched with Damien Hayes in the forward lines, all of whom outdid themselves in Thurles. Harte in particular is a gifted, stylish forward in the old Galway tradition but also has the power and presence to excel in the modern game and will be well worth keeping an eye on this year. His goal against Waterford in the league earlier in the year was one of the best 1st time ground pulls I've seen in years.

Cullinane will do well to get his place back off Barry now after returning from injury although I'd still sooner go with him up against the likes of Kilkenny myself. Lee will come back in at centre for Regan but otherwise the team for Wexford has more or less picked itself at this stage. Tannion will stay in the corner for now but may yet come in at Centre forward if Donnellans accuracy doesn't improve a bit. If only Cyril's accuracy was as impressive as his work rate we'd be well and truly set. David Burke has proved the perfect foil alongside the majesty of Ger Farragher at MF and is more than capable of some genuine moments of magic himself.

Nice to win the league and there is definitely a buzz around the county about this team and if they continue to do themselves justice in the manner they did against Cork, t'will take a very good side to stop them.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down