GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan vs Donegal

+11
hurlingguru
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
Boxtyeater
OMAR
RMDrive
johnnos bulls
patrique
Grenvile
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Cavan vs Donegal - Page 4 Empty Re: Cavan vs Donegal

Post  RMDrive Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:45 am

bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I hope Murphy's card is rescinded. It would be good if Donegal could face Tyrone with a full squad to choose from. He didn't strike as such, it looked to me as if he went to return the shoulder/push on Reilly and his hand came up a bit as he did.

It was a vicious act, and has no place in our game. A one game suspension should definitely be handed out! Wink

totally agree TC - it was the actions of a coward and certainly not the example a captain should be setting, a one game suspension is a must i say.

Well if it was one game at least we'd have him back for the final. Twisted Evil
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 pm

RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I hope Murphy's card is rescinded. It would be good if Donegal could face Tyrone with a full squad to choose from. He didn't strike as such, it looked to me as if he went to return the shoulder/push on Reilly and his hand came up a bit as he did.

It was a vicious act, and has no place in our game. A one game suspension should definitely be handed out! Wink

totally agree TC - it was the actions of a coward and certainly not the example a captain should be setting, a one game suspension is a must i say.

You'd have him back well before then - there are 4-5 qualifier matches before you'd be in the final confused
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 pm

RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Linesman advises ref Murphy has to go..Who's the linesman Sludden Stewards Enquiry i believe
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm

mullins wrote:
RMDrive wrote:
bocerty wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:

Linesman advises ref Murphy has to go..Who's the linesman Sludden Stewards Enquiry i believe

thats a funny name for a linseman - i swore his name was Martin Sludden
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Well we're fairly being brought back down to earth after our good start to the year.. Dublin Minors hammered us in a challenge in Parnell, by no less than 19 points which doesn't bode well for our chances against Tyrone, not to mention the fact that apparently one of our MINORS was missing training because he was still drunk on the morning of training.. Embarassed

Word is that the Senior attitude is not much better, something tells me the Longford lads weren't propping up a bar yesterday..

Revival me arxe... Crying or Very sad

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Well we're fairly being brought back down to earth after our good start to the year.. Dublin Minors hammered us in a challenge in Parnell, by no less than 19 points which doesn't bode well for our chances against Tyrone, not to mention the fact that apparently one of our MINORS was missing training because he was still drunk on the morning of training.. Embarassed

Word is that the Senior attitude is not much better, something tells me the Longford lads weren't propping up a bar yesterday..

Revival me arxe... Crying or Very sad

Same old story with Cavan. Nobody is willing to take responsibility for all the shortcomings over the years. You would hope this year's u21 team can show some maturity and form the basis of the future. I read an article by Alan O'Meara before the final and the picture he portrayed was that of a very dedicated group of individuals.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Dedicated individuals and an extremely close group of friends.. With a few more to come into the panel next year I would hope they could provide the basis for a team that would at the very least not be the whipping boys of Ulster.. But there's the possibility that they will become corrupted by the attitude displayed by our Senior sides in recent years. I also think they will suffer from lack of leadership. Who do they have in the Senior squad to learn from?? No McCabe, no Jason or Larry, no Finbar Reilly or Bernard Morris to help them through games.. If these lads are going on the road to be good intercounty players they will need to find the way themselves..

Early in the year the Cavan fullback said he couldn't go to training because he was going to Rag Week. He was told to attend or be dropped and he chose to go to Rag Week. He was subsequently asked back to the panel. Was it any surprise then that when we were getting hammered and a few dedicated lads like McDermott and Brennan were desperately looking for a goal to put some semblance of respectability on the scoreline against Donegal the ball fell to this player in front of goal... and he tried to backheel it to the net.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 am

Id never heard that story before Jon. BUt knowing about the chap involved its possible it could be true. Lads to learn from could include for Omara could learn from Reilly. No one else springs to mind. Altho with mcabe at the minors perhaps its a start for him to get involved with the seniors. I feel with a championship win we can look back at this year as a success. Their are proper players in that cavan team and its not fair to tar them with the one brush.
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

scoopmine wrote:Id never heard that story before Jon. BUt knowing about the chap involved its possible it could be true. Lads to learn from could include for Omara could learn from Reilly. No one else springs to mind. Altho with mcabe at the minors perhaps its a start for him to get involved with the seniors. I feel with a championship win we can look back at this year as a success. Their are proper players in that cavan team and its not fair to tar them with the one brush.

Tom Reilly seems keen to appoint internal managers, McCabe, Hyland, Carolan, Forde, King all involved at different levels. The long term view I'd imagine is to have Hyland as the sole senior manager then Carolan or Forde to learn from him and step into the role and keep that going with ex players into the future.

Ah definitely there are lads in there that are committed and it's not fair that they stick given the effort they put in.. Longford are a decent side and have been playing well and put in Championship performances that put us to shame over the past few years. We will be doing well to beat them..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 am

But they are on our level Jonsmith you would have to agree. Div4 going up. The tem will require a few changes but keep the young lads involved after all we are starting from the bottom. Hopefully the players keep away from certain forums where clowns and wums try and cut the legs of the management and players alike. To move forward we must have a long term plan. There is no quick fix.
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Jonsmith wrote:TomSmith seems keen to appoint internal managers, McCabe, Hyland, Carolan, Forde, King all involved at different levels. The long term view I'd imagine is to have Hyland as the sole senior manager then Carolan or Forde to learn from him and step into the role and keep that going with ex players into the future.

Ah here!!!!! Where's Donal Keoghan in that list...For shame...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

Ah here!!!!! Where's Donal Keoghan in that list...For shame...

As the story goes..
"Who's the lad being carried out?"
"That's the Cavan Manager?"
"Who's the lads carrying him?"
"They're the Cavan team.."

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down