GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavan vs Donegal

+11
hurlingguru
Loyal2TheRoyal
Royal_Girl2k9
Boxtyeater
OMAR
RMDrive
johnnos bulls
patrique
Grenvile
Thomas Clarke
scoopmine
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Cavan vs Donegal - Page 3 Empty Re: Cavan vs Donegal

Post  scoopmine Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Believe lads!
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:37 pm

We are Cavan.. Believe Lol, JK. UP THE ROYALS.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Seemingly Ray Cullivan and Michael Murphy have been sent off.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  hurlingguru Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:56 pm

There goes the top scorer bonus Evil or Very Mad

hurlingguru
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Carlow
Number of posts : 1133

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Donegal winning by 11 or 12 now. Looks like it onwards and upwards for them and back to square one for Cavan.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Very one sided affair
When Cullivan got sent off - Donegal struggled to work out where the spare man would play - Cavan full forward moved out to the middle w- Didn't see what Murphy did high shoulder ? but it was reckless as Duffy would always look to even things up. Though it turned out for Donegals benefit as the extra space seemed to take away the confusion that existed with the extra man.

Mcfadden always looks like one of the countries best forwards during the winter months and his last good championship game was against Tyrone in a mudfest - Today was ideal and he had a big game - McBreaty looks a serious prospect at 17 years of age and is the first inside corner forward that Donegal have had since James Mchugh . - In defence Lacey and McGee were never troubled. - Lacey has had plaudits before but McGee has turned into a top class full back.

Though hard to take a huge amount from this - Donegal won about 90% of the breaking ball. The Cavan team looked
unfit - In the first half they had no ideas once they got to the Donegal 45 - And on a few occasions that they were inside 30 yards they tried an extra solo or an extra pass when a shot seemed the easier option.

So after Antrim and Cavan we have no idea where this Donegal team rank - But sadly we do know where this cavan
team rank - and unless the draw is Ultra kind - its going to be a two game campaign.

Though the Referee was very poor - Every slip was a free - From where I was the penalty looked to be given for a foot block which to me looked like he kicked the ball - Mcfadden got a yellow for a clean tackle and both sendings off seemed harsh.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Hammered.. Best of luck to Donegal. Cavan have a long long way to go before they can even consider being competitive. Beating Longford now is our best hope for the year..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Hammered.. Best of luck to Donegal. Cavan have a long long way to go before they can even consider being competitive. Beating Longford now is our best hope for the year..

At least the apples& mandarins were free

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Jesus we were awful. Poor in nearly all areas fair play to mcdermot gave his all on his first senior game. Longford are not that bad and they will fancy their chances against us. Ref was poor.
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 pm

All is not lost - home page scoreboard on another site is showing Cavan 2-14 Donegal 1-8 ..... Shocked
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Watching it again, what was Cullivan doing?! Won the ball in the air and has no need to go near the Donegal player. Instead chooses to get all Bruce Lee.. Didn't see the Murphy incident earlier but he looks to have been hard done by..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Me too Jonsmith

BBC2.. #disillusioned
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Ye may reconsider that decision not to enter a hurling team lads .... Tis a bit much not to compete in either code .... Wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 pm

scoopmine wrote:Me too Jonsmith

BBC2.. #disillusioned

Big time. Nobody willing to take on the shot from a distance, trying to pick out a perfect pass to an outnumbered and under the cosh full forward line. It looks worse the second time.. Crying or Very sad

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Some penalty decision..
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

scoopmine wrote:Some penalty decision..

Butsy should be ran from Cavan for an attempted backheel and being near the fooking Donegal goal in the first place.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Glad to get the win. Absolutely horrible day in Cavan. Hope all Cavan and Donegal people made it there and back safely - the roads were treacherous in places.

Cavan were poor, were were workmanlike. That about sums in up for me. The game was over early and Cavan didn't put up much of a fight but Donegal did enough. Marty Duffy had a poor game. Gave a few soft frees and generally nit picked his way through the game. The Cavan red was fair enough but the Murphy one was a joke. That there will be an appeal is a certainty, that it will be recinded is surely one too??

There a good few things that Donegal need to tighten up. To compete with Tyrone at all we'll need to cut out on the basic errors. There were 6-7 sloppy passes that were down to a pure lack of concentration and the Cavan penalty miss should have been picked up by a Donegal man - again a lack of concentration. Whether it's the last or the first minute we'll need to be switched on. We have to stop mouthing after frees as well. The ball was moved forward several times and we can do without making it any easier for Tyrone.

Surpised at how negative Cavan were. After Murph got sent off they were playing 3 sweepers in front of our 2 man FF line. Based on the talk during the week I expected to see 13 Cavan men parked in our half Twisted Evil

Neil McGee was immense and IMO should have got MOTM - Lacey was great too but McGee didn't put a foot wrong. It was great to see Leo McLoone back on the field. He was flying earlier in the year and hopefully he can get back up to pace again.

Had good craic with the Cavan people around us. Sporting as always.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:29 pm

RMDrive wrote:Had good craic with the Cavan people around us. Sporting as always.

Translation - they are well used to losing ..... Crying or Very sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:05 am

an awful game to watch and not helped by that clown Duffy i think he has 'whistle tourettes' the baxtard just cant stop blowing and is easily one of the most inconsistent refs in the country.

bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 am

RMDrive wrote:Marty Duffy had a poor game. Gave a few soft frees and generally nit picked his way through the game. The Cavan red was fair enough but the Murphy one was a joke.

I think Marty's performance today summed up all that is wrong with refereeing in the modern game. Anyone could see he was poor, yet I can guarantee that the assessors will be giving him nearly full marks for his performance.
Everything he blew for was a foul under the letter of the law. The fact that advantage might accrue from these is ignored, as the referee is terrified of being called on having missed something.

Likewise the Murphy sending-off. Once the ball is gone, under the strict letter of the law, any strike or attempt to strike is a red card. It doesn't matter if it's with the fist, the shoulder or the elbow, as the rules are written it's a red. In most club game a referee would have shown Murphy a yellow, and that would have been that.
Bring the assessors into the mix and the strictest letter of the law is enforced, and the result is what we saw today. Something's got to give, but when Cooney and his stooges refuse to ever acknowledge that a referee has made a mistake then it looks like we're going to be in for more of the same.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 am

Some question Pat's (apparent) latitude on decisions and his 'power' - others decry Duffys pedantry - rightly IMO. I think he is a brutal ref as do most. Goldrick is a good ref - need more of the likes of him!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 am

I hope Murphy's card is rescinded. It would be good if Donegal could face Tyrone with a full squad to choose from. He didn't strike as such, it looked to me as if he went to return the shoulder/push on Reilly and his hand came up a bit as he did.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:28 am

Jonsmith wrote:I hope Murphy's card is rescinded. It would be good if Donegal could face Tyrone with a full squad to choose from. He didn't strike as such, it looked to me as if he went to return the shoulder/push on Reilly and his hand came up a bit as he did.

It was a vicious act, and has no place in our game. A one game suspension should definitely be handed out! Wink
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:57 am

A former Dublin club player scored 1-3 on his championship debut for Donegal..... Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:I hope Murphy's card is rescinded. It would be good if Donegal could face Tyrone with a full squad to choose from. He didn't strike as such, it looked to me as if he went to return the shoulder/push on Reilly and his hand came up a bit as he did.

It was a vicious act, and has no place in our game. A one game suspension should definitely be handed out! Wink

totally agree TC - it was the actions of a coward and certainly not the example a captain should be setting, a one game suspension is a must i say.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next