GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Hogan Final 2011

+8
mullins
Boxtyeater
patrique
Loyal2TheRoyal
.BlueArmy.
Jayo Cluxton
bocerty
hogan2010
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warning: Hogan Final 2011 Empty Warning: Hogan Final 2011

Post  hogan2010 Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 am

In the year of our lord two thousand and ten, a school from Newry decended on the city of Dublin to play a game of football on the hallowed turf of Croke Park. They brought with them bus loads of supporters who became known as the 'Blue Army'. They grouped together, they sang, they let off a flare and the carried out a failed attempt at invasion of the pitch. They arroused anger and joy in equal measure. Discussions on their actions led to fierce debate. On certain message boards in which people group together to discuss all things GAA, such as this one, some branded them thugs. Some branded them fools. Some branded them kids having a mighty amount of craic.

On the 17th March, in the year of our lord two thousand and eleven, the 'Blue Army' decended on a recently refurbished football ground in the city of Armagh. They sang, they cheered, they invaded the pitch and they celebrated the retention of a cup know as MacRory. A spokesperson for the Athletic Grounds voiced his relief after the match's completion saying, "After all the hype last year we were expecting to need another refurbishment of the stadium after today. Yet no seats have been ripped out of the stands, there was no vandalism, the pitch is in good nick. It's just a bit surprising really. The mind boggles." When pushed for his highlight of the day he replied, "The rendition of 'Here I am Lord' sang for the Cardinal was beautiful."

This must mean only one thing. The hooligans must be saving their thuggery and debauchery for their decention on the big city for the second year running. It has been reported that Croke Park stewards have already begun writing scathing reports about what is going to happen on the 9th April when these northeners reach the 'big smoke'. On the morning of the 10th April, in the year of our lord two thousand and eleven, we shall discuss further the actions of the 'Blue Army'. Until then, don't say you haven't been warned.

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down
Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Warning: Hogan Final 2011 Empty Re: Warning: Hogan Final 2011

Post  bocerty Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:47 am

hogan2010 wrote:In the year of our lord two thousand and ten, a school from Newry decended on the city of Dublin to play a game of football on the hallowed turf of Croke Park. They brought with them bus loads of supporters who became known as the 'Blue Army'. They grouped together, they sang, they let off a flare and the carried out a failed attempt at invasion of the pitch. They arroused anger and joy in equal measure. Discussions on their actions led to fierce debate. On certain message boards in which people group together to discuss all things GAA, such as this one, some branded them thugs. Some branded them fools. Some branded them kids having a mighty amount of craic.

On the 17th March, in the year of our lord two thousand and eleven, the 'Blue Army' decended on a recently refurbished football ground in the city of Armagh. They sang, they cheered, they invaded the pitch and they celebrated the retention of a cup know as MacRory. A spokesperson for the Athletic Grounds voiced his relief after the match's completion saying, "After all the hype last year we were expecting to need another refurbishment of the stadium after today. Yet no seats have been ripped out of the stands, there was no vandalism, the pitch is in good nick. It's just a bit surprising really. The mind boggles." When pushed for his highlight of the day he replied, "The rendition of 'Here I am Lord' sang for the Cardinal was beautiful."

This must mean only one thing. The hooligans must be saving their thuggery and debauchery for their decention on the big city for the second year running. It has been reported that Croke Park stewards have already begun writing scathing reports about what is going to happen on the 9th April when these northeners reach the 'big smoke'. On the morning of the 10th April, in the year of our lord two thousand and eleven, we shall discuss further the actions of the 'Blue Army'. Until then, don't say you haven't been warned.

that or possibly all thugs moved onto to University and spent this year wrecking and tearing around the Holylands in Belfast
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Well done Hogan Army. This gives us ample time to carry out the Emergency plan.

At 09:00 on 9th April a fleet of buses and army trucks will descend on Glasnevin/Drumcondra and evacuate all elderly, infirm and our youth of an impressionable age. In an ironic quirk of fate they will be transported to a largely empty Newry for an afternoon of sterling shopping where wines, spirits, complan and ovaltine will be snapped up.

Meanwhile those of sound health and of a fighting age will assemble in their guise as the CIRA (Combat Iona Residents Association). They will be armed to meet the threat of the day - with pea shooters, catapults, spud guns and water pistols. Those who are infirm or anti-war will be despatched to the southside for the day.

Shops will be boarded up, takeways will be staffed by guerilla gorilla type door personnel and pharmacists will dispense calpol only. We were caught out last year but not this year. No surrender!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:21 am

Hogan - are ye coming down on a dry run on Saturday night? Ye should come early and watch Kilkenny and see how to play 'clean' hurling. Smile Then ye can settle down for a once in a lifetime (or twice in a season) performance from Jedward! And finally ye can watch the Dubs dismantle the Mournemen! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 am

Read this article this morning:

"Croke Park is to reintroduce the fences in front of Hill 16 prior to the Hogan Cup final. Tickets for St Colmans will be for Hill 16 only as an attempt is made to avoid the disgraceful scenes that marred last years game.

A source at Croke Park said 'We are going to pen the Blue Army into Hil 16 in a bid to keep them under some form of control. The barriers will be up and we are considering barriers along the side of the Hill too. We are also exploring the possibility of fitting an acoustic hood on the area to avoid repetition of the many other decent fans having to put up with the booing and singing of unsavoury songs. Our worst nightmare came through when Colmans won their semi final.'
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 pm

It is unfortunate that the authorities in Croke Park have taken such a stance. However, the Blue Army are reported to have contingency plans in place. I gained access to this afternoon.

The Blue Army will arrive in Dublin making every effort to act more sober than they actually are. They will not, rather cunningly, be dressed in Blue. They will be wearing the colours of rival Newry School, Abbey CBS. Under the pretence that they are there to support St Jarlaths, the Blue Army will quietly enter the Hogan Stand and begin to group together. This plan, they argue, is ingenious as not only will they now be in the Hogan Stand but they also ridicule the Abbey who were previously knocked out of the MacRory Cup at the quarter final stage by St Colmans. Fifteen minutes prior to throw in, it is expected that the lack of activity under the bubble on the hill will arouse suspicion. One member of the Blue Army will then stand up, remove his Abbey shirt to reveal a Colmans top and sing "Are you watching Courtney Hill?" which is of course the original home of Abbey CBS. This will be the battle cry which all other members of the Blue Army will then replicate. In an unprecedented move, to combat the probability that the stewards will once again refrain from granting access to the pitch upon the final whistle should they win, the Blue Army plan to invade the Croke Park turf prior to throw in. They will then slowly return to their seats to chant, cheer and most probably get arrested.

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 pm

hogan2010 wrote:One member of the Blue Army will then stand up, remove his Abbey shirt to reveal a Colmans top and sing "Are you watching Courtney Hill?"

Was she in Friends?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:23 am

No, I think you are referring to Courtney Cox. That could be a new chant Jayo.

"Are you watching,
Are you watching,
Are you watching Courtney Cox?"

To be honest though I doubt she will be. I don't believe her to have a particularly strong interest in Geailc Games.

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am

Interesting developments I read this morning ...

'Supporters of St Jarlath's in Tuam are to undergo intensive self-defence courses in advance of their Hogan Cup final appearance. The Rangers wing of the army have been drafted in to teach survival techniques to the Galwegians before they share Croke Park with the Blue Army. It is understood that various items of protection will also be provided - armour, bullet and stab proof vests etc as well as headphones to shield the Jarlath's people from the scurrilous invective which wil no doubt pour forth from their opponents 'following'.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  .BlueArmy. Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Now Now just get a grip of yourselves here
I am part of the blue army supporters and yes we did go over the top with chants and then trying to get on the pitch after last years hogan final.
But putting us in Hill 16 is like putting us in a jail so all Croke park would have to do is let us be in the stand and if yous want separate us by a few seats are so but if we win then the whole supporters would be away from the moment of lifting the hogan cup
But here if we are put in Hill 16 then there is a few ups and downs about it
ups would be
1)Other supporters can enjoy the match better
2)The stewards then have us in one spot
Downs would be
1)wont be able to get close if we win the cup
2)We wont be able to see properly though that barrier because when the sun hits it then it acts like a mirror for the hill 16

.BlueArmy.
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

DOWN
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 pm

This type of hooliganism has no place in GAA circles.

I'm surprised they are being let back into Croke Park.

Should be banned from contributions on websites such as this one too.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:This type of hooliganism has no place in GAA circles.

Typical anti-Ulster rant from a man who's county are heading to Div 3 followeing defeats by Derry and Tyrone ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:

Typical anti-Ulster rant from a man who's county are heading to Div 3 followeing defeats by Derry and Tyrone ....

Typical Dublin fan condoning this anti-social carry-on. When I heard about the events a year ago, I was never so ashamed to be a member of the GAA....
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Ah come on - they don't get out that often ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:16 pm

I am going to a reunion dinner on the 15th April, 40 years since we won this......beat Colman's 9-13 to 3-6 in Ulster that year......

That was before Armagh got a Gaelic team mind you....\
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm

hogan2010 wrote:No, I think you are referring to Courtney Cox. That could be a new chant Jayo.

"Are you watching,
Are you watching,

To be honest though I doubt she will be. I don't believe her to have a particularly strong interest in Geailc Games.

Just a query here re: Ms.Cox.....Wasn't her christain name Fonda or am I mixing her up with a quare wan' from Bawnboy.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Their is only one Blue Army on this island-and they ain't nordies Rolling Eyes
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Hooliganism? I'd hardly compare myself to a Louth fan at a provincial final! The prolem here is that you're going by what you heard. It was nowhere near as bad as it was reported to be last year by a croke park steward. It wasn't anything you wouldn't find at any All Ireland Final at senior lever or inter-county championship game (minus the attempt to get on the pitch). Jarleth Burns wrote a number of weeks ago about the MacRory final in which he said that the support afforded to the teams created an amazing atmosphere within the ground in Armagh. It will be reciprocated in just over a weeks time. You should come along Loyal2theRoyal, you might even enjoy yourself, and you'll be able to get a glimpse of the immense talent that is Australian Rules bound in young Mooney!

.BlueArmy., I think the sarcasm and wit have been lost on you. You can rest assured your **** will find a seat in the Hogan Stand. And Mullins...we're coming for your crown. Christ we'll scope the place out when we take you on at headquarters this weekend!

Now before Loyal2theRoyal has me banned from the site, what can we expect from Tuam? The college are still a great side and last years experience stand them in good stead. They won their Hogan semi final without reall getting going and will surely be favourites? Will there be an upset?

Highlights of St Colmans Hogan semi- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
hogan2010 wrote:No, I think you are referring to Courtney Cox. That could be a new chant Jayo.

"Are you watching,
Are you watching,

Just a query here re: Ms.Cox.....Wasn't her christain name Fonda or am I mixing her up with a quare wan' from Bawnboy.....

No the yolk from Bawn was called Alotta..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 pm

hogan2010 wrote:

Hooliganism? I'd hardly compare myself to a Louth fan at a provincial final! The prolem here is that you're going by what you heard. It was nowhere near as bad as it was reported to be last year by a croke park steward. It wasn't anything you wouldn't find at any All Ireland Final at senior lever or inter-county championship game (minus the attempt to get on the pitch). Jarleth Burns wrote a number of weeks ago about the MacRory final in which he said that the support afforded to the teams created an amazing atmosphere within the ground in Armagh. It will be reciprocated in just over a weeks time. You should come along Loyal2theRoyal, you might even enjoy yourself, and you'll be able to get a glimpse of the immense talent that is Australian Rules bound in young Mooney!

.BlueArmy., I think the sarcasm and wit have been lost on you. You can rest assured your **** will find a seat in the Hogan Stand. And Mullins...we're coming for your crown. Christ we'll scope the place out when we take you on at headquarters this weekend!

Now before Loyal2theRoyal has me banned from the site, what can we expect from Tuam? The college are still a great side and last years experience stand them in good stead. They won their Hogan semi final without reall getting going and will surely be favourites? Will there be an upset?

Highlights of St Colmans Hogan semi- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hogan-Well done on getting back again this year great achievement for your school-must be a good sign for Down football going forward..Are all your players from the 1 county

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 pm

FAO Hogan....I played against Colmans in the mid 60's when their star man was a lad called Val Kane...The former Ard Stuiritheoir, Liam Mulvihill kept him in his pocket on the day, but it didn't take away from Kane's ability on the ball. I never heard of him after, except to see him as a minor the same or following year....

A great talent as a young lad but lost thereafter, much like Galway's John "Scan" Concannon.....

Any news would be appreciated.....thanks.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  hogan2010 Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:FAO Hogan....I played against Colmans in the mid 60's when their star man was a lad called Val Kane...The former Ard Stuiritheoir, Liam Mulvihill kept him in his pocket on the day, but it didn't take away from Kane's ability on the ball. I never heard of him after, except to see him as a minor the same or following year....

A great talent as a young lad but lost thereafter, much like Galway's John "Scan" Concannon.....

Any news would be appreciated.....thanks.

To the best of my knowledge Val Kane went on to teach in the Abbey CBS for years. I have heard stories about how notorious he was for dealing with discipline and taking no s**t, nor prisoners! He was a bit of a legendary figure around that school I do believe. Pastt that I ton't know much about him. And no Mullins, the teams made up of lads from Armagh and Down. But yes, the future does look bright at the moment for the mourne men!

hogan2010
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Down

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 pm

Yes Hogan - this is all getting a bit out of hand now.

A reliable source tells me that the real reason for yesterday's 'security' meeting in London was not in fact to do with Libya - but was all about HC11 as they coded it.

Apparently the French are very exercised about the potential annexation of areas of Dublin by a foreign army. The English have also expressed grave reservations though are willing to swap Newry for literally anything - and have mentioned 3 crates of Earl Grey tea. The US are keen to ensure that 'peace' endures and to this end have enlisted the aid of some Arab States (just to keep their eye in) to prevent a mass invasion of Dublin 9. Keep an eye out for low flying migs, scuds and surface to air missiles ... these guys don't mess around.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bluearmy1 Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 pm

A man just can't help but love the Blue Army.......a very uncivil act by the Ulster Counciil to stage the MacRory final in Armagh ...well away from us Holylands louts who were too busy fighting for God and for Ireland on the streets of South Belfast. St Colman's supporters bring colour and volume wherever they go, and a fair dose of comedy. Nobody is really too sure what drama will unfold in Dublin next week (although I really can't see the turnout being as big as last year) but 3 things are certain :

1. St Colman's will win

2. Caolan Mooney will score at least one ridiculously good goal

3. The Abbey will receive the traditional slagging that it richly deserves and all 'Abbey heads' will be quickly sniffed out and set upon by gangs made up of the Lurgan contingent of the school who are known for being druggies and Ra men. Despite the Abbey's best efforts to hide its students from the rest of Newry with a sneaky change of address the Blue Army will continue to refer to the Abbey by the place it once occupied and transformed into a haven for 'boys who walk funny' ; Courtenay Hill.

I for one will enjoy becoming a 15 year old for the day, enjoying a quiet sip of Lurgan's finest tonic which those boys will surely brings crates of...on whatever bus is brave enough to take them.

College for Hogan 2011
Abbey for McLarnon 2012
bluearmy1
bluearmy1
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Down
Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Just wondering - did they bring the throw in time forward cos of last year?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next