GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michaela Harte RIP

+19
OMAR
scoopmine
Real Kerry Fan
mugsys_barber
samin12
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
Loyal2TheRoyal
Thomas Clarke
whiterbananas
patrique
Boxtyeater
gaamad1996
bocerty
Royal_Girl2k9
3inarow08
mullins
Grenvile
RMDrive
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Michaela Harte RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: Michaela Harte RIP

Post  The Puke Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Jonsmith wrote:Personally I wouldn't agree with a documentary like this.. and so soon after the tragedy too. I would wonder why the family agreed to participate in it..
But they are experiencing grief that most of us can barely imagine so if this process helped them in any way then why not I suppose.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:18 pm

RMDrive wrote:
OMAR wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
RMDrive wrote:Heartbreaking documentary last night. Their faith is obviously a big help to them.

Couldn't watch to be honest. Each to their own way of dealing with things but I think it was far too early for that kind of documentary.

Of a similar view - I'd err on the cynical side when it comes to fate and spirituality - and thankfully life to date has not dealt me cards as tough as those that the Harte family have had to deal with - but I watched a few seconds of this last night and switched over to re-runs of family guy.

What made you switch over? Did you find it cringe-worthy?

Difficult to explain but you might not be far off the mark - I suppose im of the view that grief is something that takes time and sometimes in life "S&&t happens". so either time slowly heals or diverting attention and trying to focus on work - sport - family or a new challenge is another way of dealing with it - personally I wouldn't be able to reconcile myself to the fact that its all part of "Gods big plan for the greater good" so in that context I do find it difficult to watch other people going that route. Maybe the word "uncomortable" is less insensitive than cringe but as I said you might not be far off the mark.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:54 pm

It's worth noting that the programme was narrated by Tommie Gorman, a close friend of the Harte family. He also conducted the interviews. I'm sure he'd have an apprecation of the devastion involved, and would only have agreed to make this programme with the blessing of the Hartes and McAreaveys. Puke's post above seeks to imply that a large amount of money was handed over to make this happen, however this is a very insensitive remark.

I thought it was a good programme myself, albeit quite poignant. Don't think it was too early or too late.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:It's worth noting that the programme was narrated by Tommie Gorman, a close friend of the Harte family. He also conducted the interviews. I'm sure he'd have an apprecation of the devastion involved, and would only have agreed to make this programme with the blessing of the Hartes and McAreaveys. Puke's post above seeks to imply that a large amount of money was handed over to make this happen, however this is a very insensitive remark.

I thought it was a good programme myself, albeit quite poignant. Don't think it was too early or too late.

Where did I say large sums of money changed hands for this to happen but you can be guarenteed that someone made money out of it....After all RTE are a business not a charity
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:11 pm

The Puke wrote:RTE cashing in on the Harte's family tragedy in order to make a few pound

The nimble Bannerman cleverly sidesteps a bonecrusher from RMD here....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

More devastating news today for John, Mickey and their families. A tragic affair, that just gets worse and worse. Thoughts again with Michaela's family.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:More devastating news today for John, Mickey and their families. A tragic affair, that just gets worse and worse. Thoughts again with Michaela's family.

Terrible stuff. Another big blow to the family who are now left without a daughter, sister and wife abd don't even have closure on the crime now.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 pm

There's not a lot anyone can say about this whole tragic affair that will lessen the pain.
Doesn't say much for justice in Mauritius though. My thoughts and prayers are with the Hartes and McAreaveys.
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:45 pm

so where does this leave all the victims of this crime ? its a horrible thought to think that this killer or killers is still at large , where do the police start from now ? it just goes from worse to worse for these families .

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Parouisa Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Very sad.
Parouisa
Parouisa
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2438

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good God.. Can this story possibly have any more blows to the family.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm

It's absolutely disgusting at this stage. Blow after blow to the McAreaveys and the Hartes.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:04 pm

The Irish Government should issue a warning against holidaying in Mauritus.

I'm sure many, many tourists would take notice not only in Ireland but in the UK too.

That would hurt them.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:The Irish Government should issue a warning against holidaying in Mauritus.

I'm sure many, many tourists would take notice not only in Ireland but in the UK too.

That would hurt them.

A bit of perspective is needed. If you feel that it is dangerous to visit an impoverished island, with a high murder count,and a track record of judicial injustices, you could look a bit closer to home.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Real Kerry Fan Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:49 pm

I agree with TC but the treatment of John and her family is beyond a disgrace.
Real Kerry Fan
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1396

Back to top Go down

Post  banjo Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:38 pm

we have gutter press over here that shows murdered people in the papers all the time , and the amount of racism shown by the irish in this case has been disgusting . my heart goes out the these families its the worst night mare anyone could imagine and i just hope they will get some justice down the road , but with the mess they made of it over there it might never happen . to be honest i would have liked to seen scotland yard over there helping the police maybe they will help in the future

banjo
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

london
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3