GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog

+3
mullins
Royal_Girl2k9
Loyal2TheRoyal
7 posters

Go down

Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog Empty Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Starts tomorrow with a jog up the Hill of Tara.

Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog Empty Re: Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Would ya not just drive?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog Empty Re: Loyal's bid for an Olympic 1500m gold medal blog

Post  mullins Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Starts tomorrow with a jog up the Hill of Tara.

I thought they put a motorway through it..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Driving is not allowed in the Olympics.

If there's a motorway there, then I'll jog up it instead.

Hard to believe, two prospective Olympic participants posting on this forum.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:31 pm

Make that three. I can put my feet behind my head I have to qualify for gymnastics in the olympics.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 pm

I've met loadsa girls who can do that .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 am

Those Dublin girls must be great craic so
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:25 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I've met loadsa girls who can do that .....

Have the prices come down now that we are in recession ?

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 am

OMAR wrote:

Black&white is the man for that question I believe .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
OMAR wrote:

Black&white is the man for that question I believe .....

As I arrived home from football there was a car parked on the road outside the apartment with a young lady leaning in the window. The lad in the car was moaning about his knees and the car had a personalised number place "JC 95" Suspect

Not suggesting anything about the identity but........................

On a completely unrelated matter, am considering remaning our wireless network in the house "Operation Quest observation post." If any of the pros' or punters have iPhones it might give them second thoughts Twisted Evil
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 am

black&white wrote:As I arrived home from football there was a car parked on the road outside the apartment with a young lady leaning in the window. The lad in the car was moaning about his knees and the car had a personalised number place "JC 95" Suspect
Not suggesting anything about the identity but........................

My soup kitchen type work continues unabated .... and actually busier than ever.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm

I used to boost that I would win the marathon in the 1984 Olympics.

As things turned out John Treacy was second so I probably would have won if i had stuck at it.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 pm

patrique wrote:I used to boost that I would win the marathon in the 1984 Olympics.

As things turned out John Treacy was second so I probably would have won if i had stuck at it.

Carlos Lopez and Charlie Spedding - Bad thing when I can remember that but couldn't name a medallist in the next 6
There used to be a joke about entering marathons and problems with peanuts etc - but it feel away in the Snickers era.

Speaking of JT bumped into the watervillian down scotstown direction - Hes married into the the Moyna clan (local publicans) and a very interesting family all round - even for that part of the world. The moynas would the the third best known clan after Sean McCaugue and Seamus McElwaine.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:43 pm

OMAR wrote:
patrique wrote:I used to boost that I would win the marathon in the 1984 Olympics.

Carlos Lopez and Charlie Spedding - Bad thing when I can remember that but couldn't name a medallist in the next 6
There used to be a joke about entering marathons and problems with peanuts etc - but it feel away in the Snickers era.

Speaking of JT bumped into the watervillian down scotstown direction - Hes married into the the Moyna clan (local publicans) and a very interesting family all round - even for that part of the world. The moynas would the the third best known clan after Sean McCaugue and Seamus McElwaine.

I take it you gave up the drink shortly after P? Smile

Same Moyna's as Niall in DCU I think OMAR yeah? Not a great lover of the Memory Man but his commentary and listing of Irish Olympic medallists as JT ran the last 200 was ..... memorable I suppose!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Ran my first marathon aged 16 in 1969. The longer the race the better I was as those sprint finishes and stuff didn't suit me. Hence my hero was David Bedford. Unfortunately at Irish school events the longest track event was 5,000 metres, so I won it 3 years in succession.

Alas the smoking, women and all sorts got to me, and I never ever trained, and by 1971 I was reduced to winning the 1,500 metres at the school sports, a win that still shocks me to this day.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm

G'way outta that P. There was no metres in your day ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:G'way outta that P. There was no metres in your day ....

We did call it "The mile" but it was 1,500 metres.

Every Wenesday we had a "road race" about 4 mile distance, but one mile straight up Hannastown Hill which is a bit like the top of Croag Patrick. I never lost this race, as I could run up the hill same speed as I did on the flat!!!!

I confess I did send Jim McLaughlin the wrong way once, and he did run at the Olympics.........
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:27 am

Not the LoI manager??? By the way is the entrance to Hillsborough up to the building supposed to be exactly a mile?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
OMAR wrote:

I take it you gave up the drink shortly after P? Smile

Same Moyna's as Niall in DCU I think OMAR yeah? Not a great lover of the Memory Man but his commentary and listing of Irish Olympic medallists as JT ran the last 200 was ..... memorable I suppose!

YEP JT is a brother in law of Nialls
There are a few other brothers - One spent most of the 80's/90's in the states - came back home shortly after Easter 1998. Another brother John lived in Portlaoise for a while used to knock around with a fellow called SAM
- He left portllaoise around 98 as well by coincidence.

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am

[quote="patrique"]
Jayo Cluxton wrote:G'way outta that P. There was no metres in your day ....

We did call it "The mile" but it was 1,500 metres.

Every Wenesday we had a "road race" about 4 mile distance, but one mile straight up Hannastown Hill which is a bit like the top of Croag Patrick. I never lost this race, as I could run up the hill same speed as I did on the flat!!!!

You should have run at Cheltenham
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 am

OMAR wrote:You should have run at Cheltenham

This could well be P Suspect .....

Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Loyal a good friend of mine is a priest in Kenya. If you need a hand out with training give me a shout .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down