GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog

+4
Royal_Girl2k9
Jayo Cluxton
mullins
3inarow08
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog Empty Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Starting Olympic Weightlifting training tomorrow evening out in East Coast Barbell in Bray. I'll have my own coach who has represented Ireland on the international stage previously. Plans are to compete in my first event in 4-5 months' time. I've a specific 8 week plan from tomorrow, 3 nights a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. No alcohol (I'm off it for the year anyway) but plenty of fish oil will be on the menu for the next while! Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog 417703

Will see how it goes. I mightn't take to the flexibility side of the two exercises, the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk, too well but I'll give it my best shot. Will give the odd update here on how it's going from time to time.

I've a feeling London 2012 might be a bit soon for me though, more's the pity. Wish me luck!
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog Empty Re: Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog

Post  mullins Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:06 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Starting Olympic Weightlifting training tomorrow evening out in East Coast Barbell in Bray. I'll have my own coach who has represented Ireland on the international stage previously. Plans are to compete in my first event in 4-5 months' time. I've a specific 8 week plan from tomorrow, 3 nights a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. No alcohol (I'm off it for the year anyway) but plenty of fish oil will be on the menu for the next while! Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog 417703

Will see how it goes. I mightn't take to the flexibility side of the two exercises, the Snatch and the Clean & Jerk, too well but I'll give it my best shot. Will give the odd update here on how it's going from time to time.

I've a feeling London 2012 might be a bit soon for me though, more's the pity. Wish me luck!

3inarow friend of mine was training for 8 years natural before he got close to entering a competion..if you want to speed it up steroids...I use to go to the gym just to spot for him..the bars would be bending with the weights he was lifting..he wasn't much more than 11 stone....If your going to do weights make sure their free weights....

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog Empty Re: Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Good luck ..... but forget about the Olympics unless you can sort out the masking agents .... Twisted Evil
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:10 pm

mullins wrote:
3inarow friend of mine was training for 8 years natural before he got close to entering a competion..if you want to speed it up steroids...I use to go to the gym just to spot for him..the bars would be bending with the weights he was lifting..he wasn't much more than 11 stone....If your going to do weights make sure their free weights....

Jesus Mullins what was he doing for 8 years before entering a comp? Scratching his backside?! You don't need that amount of time at all. ANd no thanks on the steroids. I'm not a Berbatov (cheat). Although I do use an inhaler like Aidan O' Mahoney! Razz

And yes, free weights. Always have been.

Do you do any yourself?
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Good luck ..... but forget about the Olympics unless you can sort out the masking agents .... Twisted Evil

Why is it the two Dubs are posting about ways to cheat?! Twisted Evil

Ye have very little faith in me lads! Suspect
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:19 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Ye have very little faith in me lads! Suspect

Have every faith in you triona ..... its the others ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
mullins wrote:

Jesus Mullins what was he doing for 8 years before entering a comp? Scratching his backside?! You don't need that amount of time at all. ANd no thanks on the steroids. I'm not a Berbatov (cheat). Although I do use an inhaler like Aidan O' Mahoney! Razz

And yes, free weights. Always have been.

Do you do any yourself?

I have a little gym in the house -free weights and punch bag..that does me

How long are you doing weights

Are you a rathmore man..

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 pm

How much would ya havta lift? Like 10, 11 stone?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:22 pm

I've been doing powerlifting (squat, bench press and deadlift) now for just over a year. But my gains have started to stall recently in the last month or so and progress has ground to a halt. I need a coach to progress, but then this opportunity to get into weightlifting came up and it's too good to turn down. My lower body strength is significantally greater than my upper body (proportionately speaking) so that should help me.

And Royal Girl, not even close. Olympic level athletes can lift at least twice their bodyweight, particularly the lighter ones. I'm up to 15 stone (from 10.5 a year and three months ago), I'd be expected to lift 30 over my head in one movement.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:34 pm

mullins wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:Starting Olympic Weightlifting training tomorrow evening out in East Coast Barbell in Bray. I'll have my own coach who has represented Ireland on the international stage previously. Plans are to compete in my first event in 4-5 months' time. I've a specific 8 week plan from tomorrow, 3 nights a week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. No alcohol (I'm off it for the year anyway) but plenty of fish oil will be on the menu for the next while! Triona's Olympic Weightlifting Blog 417703

Great advice Mullins Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

dont tell me, you could supply them too!!!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:01 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Starting Olympic Weightlifting training tomorrow evening out in East Coast Barbell in Bray. I'll have my own coach who has represented Ireland on the international stage previously.

"Triona engages services of Dustin the Turkey" blares Wednesday's Kerryman (Northern edition)....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm

3inarow08 wrote:

And Royal Girl, not even close. Olympic level athletes can lift at least twice their bodyweight, particularly the lighter ones. I'm up to 15 stone (from 10.5 a year and three months ago), I'd be expected to lift 30 over my head in one movement.

30 stone?!? How is that physically possible! That's like 3 and a half of me... Completely ridiculous!
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

I tried it once and thought I was doing ok - seemed to be lifting well and over my head. The problems started when the guy said 'Ok - lets put some weights on the bar' ......
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I tried it once and thought I was doing ok - seemed to be lifting well and over my head. The problems started when the guy said 'Ok - lets put some weights on the bar' ......

Razz Razz Razz Are you sure it wasn't your knees old man? Laughing

Well I went last night anyway, and had my own coach. We were just doing some flexibility testing and training, and all there agreed I have good flexibility and there should be no difficulties when it comes to me lifting, bar my strength! Everything was recorded and they went through a pretty thorough examination.

Heading again Wednesday, where they'll make up a program with regard to the weight class I'll be competing in.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 pm

triona - I reckon if you could lift Bocerty over your head you'd be a medal chance in London .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:triona - I reckon if you could lift Bocerty over your head you'd be a medal chance in London .....

funny f**ker - he could use you as the bar to put the weights on you big long string of p1ss
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

3inarow08 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I tried it once and thought I was doing ok - seemed to be lifting well and over my head. The problems started when the guy said 'Ok - lets put some weights on the bar' ......

Razz Razz Razz Are you sure it wasn't your knees old man? Laughing

Well I went last night anyway, and had my own coach. We were just doing some flexibility testing and training, and all there agreed I have good flexibility and there should be no difficulties when it comes to me lifting, bar my strength! Everything was recorded and they went through a pretty thorough examination.

Heading again Wednesday, where they'll make up a program with regard to the weight class I'll be competing in.

Triona ask them to put you on the same weights program as Bernard Brogan - he carried 14 other men all of last year so it would have you in good shape for competitions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm

bocerty wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:triona - I reckon if you could lift Bocerty over your head you'd be a medal chance in London .....

funny f**ker - he could use you as the bar to put the weights on you big long string of p1ss

Razz ... but I ain't no dumbbell!!!!!!!

Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
3inarow08 wrote:Starting Olympic Weightlifting training tomorrow evening out in East Coast Barbell in Bray. I'll have my own coach who has represented Ireland on the international stage previously.

"Triona engages services of Dustin the Turkey" blares Wednesday's Kerryman (Northern edition)....

or John Traynor
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Today Triona is sporting two fine bruises on his breast bone/bottom of neck area due to excessive front squatting and numerous cleanings of the bar while catching it in said location.

Cannot wait to see what JC/Omar/Boxty make of this post! Laughing
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Couldn't possibly comment except to suggest that you might consider a clean snatch or maybe just a jerk would be safer all round ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:19 pm

3inarow08 wrote:Today Triona is sporting two fine bruises on his breast bone/bottom of neck area due to excessive front squatting and numerous cleanings of the bar while catching it in said location.

Cannot wait to see what JC/Omar/Boxty make of this post! Laughing

Ah that's terrible.. I know how you feel though.. Like hickeys and bruises are basically the same thing aren't they?
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:

Ah that's terrible.. I know how you feel though.. Like hickeys and bruises are basically the same thing aren't they?

What has Noel Hickey to do with this thread.....Hickey could leave you bruised all right.... Wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Was there again Monday night, surrounded by 4 coaches!

I've been described as a "natural squatter". Trust me, it's a good thing.

Heading again tonight.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

3inarow08 wrote:I've been described as a "natural squatter". Trust me, it's a good thing.

Razz Razz Razz What a class way to be described ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next