GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dublin - The land that time forgot

+6
mullins
hipster 2
Jayo Cluxton
patrique
3inarow08
Thomas Clarke
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dublin - The land that time forgot - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin - The land that time forgot

Post  mullins Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:Actually Boc, Mullins' performance in the tipping contest last summer disproved the law of averages, as he got less than half the predictions correct. Dublin v Tyrone was one of the very few that he did. Probably best that you stay away from No.41 on my list Mullins.

That proves nothing. On the other hand, neither does knowing that the secret formula for winning can't be recovered ...

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Dublin - The land that time forgot - Page 2 Empty Re: Dublin - The land that time forgot

Post  3inarow08 Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Sorry Boc - First Test was drawn but England won the Second Test alright. Both Man U and Liverpool have 18 Division One/Premiership titles as far as I know, United have 11 FA Cups - Pool 7 - Pool also have 7 League Cups to Uniteds 4. In Europe Liverpool have 5 Champs Lge/European Cups to Utds 3, 3 UEFAs to Uniteds one but Utd have 2 Cup Winners Cups to the Reds 0.

By the way I enjoyed TCs post.

I was going on Leagues and European Cups only. I knew Liverpool and ManUre were 18 all, so I separated them alphabetically! Razz
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Overall it is very tight - but with United making some progress since the early 90s compared to Liverpool's regress.

The brother follows Wolves! Came from nowhere to win Div One League titles in '54, '58 and '59 before going back to being bit players again ever after. 3 titles in 6 years and then disappeared into the oblivion they emerged from .... gas. I'd say their supporters at the start of the 60s were full of themselves. How wrong they were. Just think of all the changes the world has seen since 1959. Bet no Wolves fan could see that coming ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote: i precited England would win the first test in the Ashed series and was right

Sorry Boc - First Test was drawn but England won the Second Test alright. Both Man U and Liverpool have 18 Division One/Premiership titles as far as I know, United have 11 FA Cups - Pool 7 - Pool also have 7 League Cups to Uniteds 4. In Europe Liverpool have 5 Champs Lge/European Cups to Utds 3, 3 UEFAs to Uniteds one but Utd have 2 Cup Winners Cups to the Reds 0.

i meant the first test after the drawn one!!!!!
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Overall it is very tight - but with United making some progress since the early 90s compared to Liverpool's regress.

The brother follows Wolves! Came from nowhere to win Div One League titles in '54, '58 and '59 before going back to being bit players again ever after. 3 titles in 6 years and then disappeared into the oblivion they emerged from .... gas. I'd say their supporters at the start of the 60s were full of themselves. How wrong they were. Just think of all the changes the world has seen since 1959. Bet no Wolves fan could see that coming ....

Indeed, there must be a lesson in there somewhere. It's a shame for your brother that Wolves didn't win 2 of the last 3 all ireland minor titles though Wink

Last edited by Thomas Clarke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:37 pm

yes boc for you and tc as yous talk a lot off cods wallop
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:Overall it is very tight - but with United making some progress since the early 90s compared to Liverpool's regress.

Indeed, there must be a lesson in there somewhere. It's a shame for your brother that Wolves didn't win 2 of the last 3 all ireland minor titles though Wink

What a stupid post how could wolves win a minor All- Ireland scratch
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:47 pm

mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:51 pm

mullins wrote:

You'll have to forgive me Mullins, but I wasn't addressing you with that post. If I had been, I wouldn't have been cryptic. I'm pretty sure that JC, who I was addressing, understood the point that I was trying to make.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:

You'll have to forgive me Mullins, but I wasn't addressing you with that post. If I had been, I wouldn't have been cryptic. I'm pretty sure that JC, who I was addressing, understood the point that I was trying to make.

but i still don't get could you explain pleaseeee Razz
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:02 am

Thomas Clarke wrote:Indeed, there must be a lesson in there somewhere. It's a shame for your brother that Wolves didn't win 2 of the last 3 all ireland minor titles though Wink

Aye TC - like the great Laois minor teams of recent years - Westmeath too. Underage achievements aplenty but thats where it ended .....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  hipster 2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:05 am

the galway minor and 21 hurlers its very sad for tyrone if your pinning next years hopes on a gang of teenagers
hipster 2
hipster 2
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

dublin
Number of posts : 467

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
bocerty wrote: i precited England would win the first test in the Ashed series and was right

United have never won the UEFA cup in any guise.

Big clubs, like Juve, Liverpool and Inter used to win it when it was a big trophy, which is why they were always regarded as big clubs in Europe.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:26 pm

patrique wrote:United have never won the UEFA cup in any guise.

Big clubs, like Juve, Liverpool and Inter used to win it when it was a big trophy, which is why they were always regarded as big clubs in Europe.

Yes indeed P - stoopid me - of course United never won it!! Some of the biggest clubs in Europe have either won it or got to the Final. Real Madrid and Spurs two time winners, Ipswich once and the one time finalists is like a list of the biggest clubs in Britain ... Dundee Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Middlesboro, Fulham .......... oh, and Wolves!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:

Tc seems to have a problem addressing, why tyrones underage have not made the transition to senior....yet seems happy to pick holes in Dublin's season..
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:54 pm

mullins wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:

Tc seems to have a problem addressing, why tyrones underage have not made the transition to senior....yet seems happy to pick holes in Dublin's season..

Or why they haven't been given the opportunity to.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 pm

RMDrive wrote:
mullins wrote:
Thomas Clarke wrote:
mullins wrote:

Or why they haven't been given the opportunity to.

yes thankyou
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royal_Girl2k9 Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:01 pm

I was born in 1995, so yes it does seem like a very long time ago.
Royal_Girl2k9
Royal_Girl2k9
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Meath
Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post  North Side Gael Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Royal_Girl2k9 wrote:I was born in 1995, so yes it does seem like a very long time ago.

It was a very long time ago, good to see ya back Smile
North Side Gael
North Side Gael
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Antrim
Number of posts : 1199

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2