GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips/Predictions/Bets

+29
Real Kerry Fan
samin12
Dr.Shephard
hurlingguru
GAAGenious
Grenvile
OMAR
mullins
Dougal
patsy casey
KerryKatriona
Loyal2TheRoyal
redhandman
black&white
Swinford2009
JimWexford
mossbags
Boxtyeater
bald eagle
mid-mon man
johnnos bulls
bocerty
old98!
clash-of-da-ash
RMDrive
Jayo Cluxton
GAA-Fan
SamiPremier08
lino_de_legend
33 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

Tips/Predictions/Bets Empty Tips/Predictions/Bets

Post  Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm

6.15 Nad Al Sheba

I'm told the Japanese expect big things of their filly, Earth Living in the 6.15. I'm not saying she'll definitely win (she's 20/1) but she should run well and that is good enough for me. Keep an eye out for her......

Back to top Go down

Tips/Predictions/Bets Empty Re: Tips/Predictions/Bets

Post  Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Second at 20/1, they really expected her to win but I didn't want to come across as too confident in case some of ye thought what I was saying to be gospel. Very frustrating too as I had her nearly all to win and only a small bit to place, so lost a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Listen up. I will have a certain winner for ye next Thursday. My last tip came all the way from Japan, this one is coming all the way from Argentina and he is a superstar. He probably won't be as big a price as the last one but big things are expected.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:32 pm

The pool are 4/1 for the prem, worth as tenner maybe, or villa the rest apart from united are out of sight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:21 pm

6/1 with bet365 if Niamh or anyone else is interested.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:27 pm

wat would u expect to get on Denman for the Gold Cup now Loyal?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Liamwalkinstown wrote:wat would u expect to get on Denman for the Gold Cup now Loyal?

Odds you mean??? I'm not sure, he's 4/1 or 9/2 at the minute. I've one or two outsiders in my mind who shall be revelaed in due course.

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 pm

hey loyal, but ya seem quite confident when it comes to picking winners, do you get them right alot??? i'm not being smart , its just that i'm not very good at putting bets on and things, last horse i backed was grand natiobal bout three years ago, and it didnt finish. might follow up on a few of your tips
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 pm

lino_de_legend wrote:hey loyal, but ya seem quite confident when it comes to picking winners, do you get them right alot??? i'm not being smart , its just that i'm not very good at putting bets on and things, last horse i backed was grand natiobal bout three years ago, and it didnt finish. might follow up on a few of your tips

Occasionaly I get extremely confident and back big - The Derby last year was one such occasion when I couldn't see New Apprpach getting beat. He won easy enough. Bets like that come around very seldom. I lose as often as I win. The Grand National is the hardest race in the world to pick the winner of.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:55 pm

And believe it or not, but horses are by far and away the best sport to make money in as far as I concerned. Soccer, GAA, NFL, rugby, you are wasting your time with these in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:02 am

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:Listen up. I will have a certain winner for ye next Thursday. My last tip came all the way from Japan, this one is coming all the way from Argentina and he is a superstar. He probably won't be as big a price as the last one but big things are expected.

so whats the big tip. i'm gonna stick a fiver on it( i'm serously not a big gambler, do the lotto bout once a year and get very p***** that i dont win, not even a scratch card)
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:53 pm

judging by Jayo's reaction to my latest Tipster predictions betting would not be such a good idea for me.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Ireland to win by 26 to 30 points against Italy at 11/1

Nice little earner.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Sorry horse I was on about not running tomorrow, probably be out for 2-3 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Admin wrote:Ireland to win by 26 to 30 points against Italy at 11/1

Nice little earner.

Don't think so Admin. Unless Mallet starts Mauro Bergamasco at scrum half!! Rolling Eyes Italy getting harder to beat in Rome and we have a habit of following up a good one with a bad one!! I think we will win but would think it between 10-20 - probably about the 15 mark!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am

My brother put the bet on and he feckin won!

Cant believe I didnt :@
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm

ROCKS OFF - 6.25 Nad Al Sheba

12/1 in Ladbrokes, this is a lte piece of information but the horse is expected to do well tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 pm

16 days until Cheltenham. Will I be the only one on here who will be pointing you all in the right direction as regards winners?

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:16 days until Cheltenham. Will I be the only one on here who will be pointing you all in the right direction as regards winners?

I'd say you will Loyal.
How about you run a thread where you see how you can do with an imaginary starting stake of say 100 bucks. See if you can use your mastery to build it up over the weeks. Mightn't be your think (the whole imaginary money thing) but it might be a bit of craic to see if you can show the worth of your tips. Question Question
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 pm

I've never once made a profit at Cheltenham and I suspect I won't this year - I'll be taking more of a damage limitation approach. However that won't stop me from going in head first and losing loads on the first day. A competition would be interesting though but the person who picks out the horses due to the name or the jockey's colours would be the most likely to win.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I've never once made a profit at Cheltenham and I suspect I won't this year - I'll be taking more of a damage limitation approach. However that won't stop me from going in head first and losing loads on the first day. A competition would be interesting though but the person who picks out the horses due to the name or the jockey's colours would be the most likely to win.

Good thinking Loyal. I did this in work last year .... and won.

Any chance of you setting up a comp where everyone picks a horse for each race each day and you get 1 for 4th, 2 for 3rd, 3 for 2nd and 4 for a winner??

Cos Chelts is so mad it wouldn't matter if people posted predictions online - save us having to PM!!!! Wink Wink
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:50 pm

I will if enough people are willing to play, say 15 minimum. Also as opposed to the 4 points for a winner etc etc, I'd be more inclined to do it as follows:

5/1 winner = 5.00 points
7/2 winner = 3.50 points
8/11 winner = 0.73 points

Or would that put people off playing? Also for picking a placed horse you could get points too.

Would many people have the interest in it though?

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 pm

I'd be on for it bu I wouldn't have a clue about who I should go for.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I will if enough people are willing to play, say 15 minimum. Also as opposed to the 4 points for a winner etc etc, I'd be more inclined to do it as follows:

5/1 winner = 5.00 points
7/2 winner = 3.50 points

Or would that put people off playing? Also for picking a placed horse you could get points too.

I'd certainly have a go but in the back of my mind am thinking that if I got huge points one day but didn't back them I'd be peed off. Understand where you are coming from in the 'weighting' but a lot of people may not and anyway tipping a Chelt winner is an achievement - whether it be 7/2 or 33/1 !!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:I will if enough people are willing to play, say 15 minimum. Also as opposed to the 4 points for a winner etc etc, I'd be more inclined to do it as follows:

5/1 winner = 5.00 points
7/2 winner = 3.50 points

I'd certainly have a go but in the back of my mind am thinking that if I got huge points one day but didn't back them I'd be peed off. Understand where you are coming from in the 'weighting' but a lot of people may not and anyway tipping a Chelt winner is an achievement - whether it be 7/2 or 33/1 !!!

Yes that would be my main concern - people wouldn't be able to work out their scores. Also the idea I had for placing - scoring wise - was say as follows:

10/1 placed at 1/4 odds = 2.50 points
10/1 placed at 1/5 odds = 2.00 points
10/1 winner = 10.00 points (as per previous post)

33/1 placed at 1/4 odds = 8.25 points
33/1 placed at 1/5 odds = 6.60 points
33/1 winner = 33.00 points

Its complicated but its fair! However, are they many that would actually be interested?

I would happily keep scores if there was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next