GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League

+23
hurlingguru
mugsys_barber
Real Kerry Fan
Thomas Clarke
redhandman
samin12
Larry Murphy
3inarow08
black&white
RMDrive
mullins
JimWexford
bald eagle
hipster 2
bocerty
Boxtyeater
SamiPremier08
Jayo Cluxton
OMAR
patrique
Grenvile
The Puke
Loyal2TheRoyal
27 posters

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

The Premier League - Page 8 Empty Re: The Premier League

Post  patrique Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:28 am

Ultra defensive Man City try to waste time by stringing 24 passes together and it results in a ......goal.

only City...eh?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 am

Jonsmith wrote:[We have "half ones" in this end of the county. ie: Take your pints the half ones will come..

The Premier League - Page 8 Smiley15...I like it.....Quip of the week award here..
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:53 am

patrique wrote:Ultra defensive Man City try to waste time by stringing 24 passes together and it results in a ......goal.

only City...eh?

City scored a goal? You'd have got some odds on that...

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
patrique wrote:Ultra defensive Man City try to waste time by stringing 24 passes together and it results in a ......goal.

only City...eh?

Sure one of them has scored NINE times as many as the "White Bebe".
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 pm

patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

only City...eh?

Tevez isn't great but not so poor that to warrant comparing him to Rooney this season. He was once in United's second team and I still like him, I'd appreciate if you didn't insult him like that..

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
patrique wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:

only City...eh?

Tevez isn't great but not so poor that to warrant comparing him to Rooney this season. He was once in United's second team and I still like him, I'd appreciate if you didn't insult him like that..

There was one reason and one reason only Tevez ended up in United second team and it had nothing to do with his ability and a hell of a lot to do with his manager trying to drive down his transfer value and play hardball with regards to a transfer fee, not for the first time in recent time he lost when trying to play hardball(Ronaldinho/Robben are two that spring to mind) and Tevez has gone on to show his true ability at City where he has been superb, juts like he was at West Ham, Corintianes and Boca Juniors.....

But then again being a United fan you won't admit to this no doubt as auld whiskey nose is sacrosanct and was right not to pay the 28 million or whatever it was Joorabchin wanted for him....
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:02 pm

28 Million?? Where in the name of God would United come up with 28 Million... Especially after throwing away 30 Million on that donkey Berbatov. Hernandez almost has as many goals already as Tevez scored in his entire last season at United.. And at only 6 Million.. A steal. In Fergie we trust.

Last edited by Jonsmith on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Jonsmith wrote:28 Million?? Where in the name of God would United come up with 28 Million... Especially after throwing away 30 Million on that donkey Berbatov. Hernandez almost has as many goals already as Tevez scored in his entire first season at United.. And at only 6 Million.. A steal. In Fergie we trust.

Tevez is the best player in the premiership. I said that when he was at west Ham.

At United fergie used Tevez and Rooney as "water carriers" to indulge ronaldo, with some success. He used Rooney more as Rooney was a useful left back, covering for ronaldo not coming back.

Rooney and Tevez are similar, Rooney is slightly stronger, tevez is slightly more skillful and a lot better finisher.

But we all know that Fergie is not so good with "made" players, such as Tevez aned Veron who were stars when they arrived at United. Just last week david Gill said "United have never bought people who were already good players, we made them into good players".

So the mega millions on Rooney and Rio and Berbatov were an expensive risk, according to Mr Gill.

and he runs the club, or did until Mr Stretford recently took over.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm

United played well today for an entire game, the first time this season, Berbatov put in some display and Rooney looked sharp, hopefully he's on his way back to form. A good weekend so far in the PL lots of goals and exciting games.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:09 am

Jonsmith wrote:United played well today for an entire game, the first time this season, Berbatov put in some display and Rooney looked sharp, hopefully he's on his way back to form. A good weekend so far in the PL lots of goals and exciting games.

Excitement and goals are a staple diet in the premier, sometimes I wish there was more football.

But...last week City had a 24 pass movement for a goal and yesterday Bolton scored the best goal since Le Tissier retired, a wonderful effort.

And United back on top having finally, yesterday, won more games than they had not won. A poor enough side but normal service is now resumed.

patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Where has it all gone wrong for Chelsea? Two points from a possible twelve and another dismal second half display. Form now reads LWLLDD in the Premiership. Arsenal provisional top and United remain ahead even with their Blackpool fixture called off. City, not overly impressive but Tevez produces the goods yet again, Premiership is City's to lose in my opinion.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Business as usual in italy tonight

The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Loyal2TheRoyal Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 am

The Puke wrote:Business as usual in italy tonight

Zlatan is a fine footballer but lets be fair here, he's no Elmander, presently the best Swedish footballer anywhere on the globe.
Loyal2TheRoyal
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Meath
Number of posts : 3089

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Loyal2TheRoyal wrote:
The Puke wrote:Business as usual in italy tonight

Zlatan is a fine footballer but lets be fair here, he's no Elmander, presently the best Swedish footballer anywhere on the globe.

You obviously haven't a clue of the high regard that Zlatan is held in Sweden, the only player of modern times that would come close would be Henrik Larsson

you either haven't a clue about association football or are attempting a very poorly constructed wind up

here are Elmanders career honours

Feyenoord
UEFA Cup: 2002

Djurgården
Allsvenskan: 2002, 2003
Svenska Cupen: 2002

Brøndby
Danish Superliga: 2004–05
Danish Cup: 2005

Bolton Wanderers
Premier League Player of the month (November 2010)[13]

Sweden Caps 51 goals 13

Zlatan's in comparison(excluding the two titles he won with Juventus)

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen (The Golden Ball): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007

Sweden Caps 66 goals 25
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Nasri's two goals yesterday were top class what a player he is. He's stepped up whenever Fabregas has been missing.. Should be a good game next week against United, may not be as one sided as the last few years.
Mancini appears to be losing control of the dressing room. Balotelli swinging punches at Boetang in training. Tevez shouting at him very aggressively when he was taken off.. Morale appears to be very low. That said they played well. Silva is fantastic.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 pm

All seems to be well at Man City.

Every player wants to play 90 minutes, and they are totally committed at training.

Compared to some clubs where the "alleged" star says in public that his team mates are rubbish

Well I can see why City would be the envy of many.

The next few weeks will tell much.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:21 pm

patrique wrote:All seems to be well at Man City.

Every player wants to play 90 minutes, and they are totally committed at training.

Compared to some clubs where the "alleged" star says in public that his team mates are rubbish

Pat the constant digs at United are tiresome.. They have set the standards in England yes but it is possible to discuss the Premier League without referring to them.
Mancini obviously doesn't have full control of the dressing room. What sort of message is that to the lad coming on the field to replace Tevez? Be angry fair enough but to shout in the managers face so petulantly like that is not a good sign. As I've said before Tevez enjoys being a one man band. Add that to the row at training, the fact that Tevez came out and said the younger players don't listen to him and he wants to punch them when they question him.. There seems to be little or nothing in the way of team spirit or manager control. So far at least 5 players have spoken openly about leaving.. City have scored 1 goal at home in almost 2 months. They're holding on to 4th but Tevez will inevitably hit a dry spell and what happens then?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
patrique wrote:All seems to be well at Man City.

Pat the constant digs at United are tiresome.. They have set the standards in England yes but it is possible to discuss the Premier League without referring to them.
Mancini obviously doesn't have full control of the dressing room. What sort of message is that to the lad coming on the field to replace Tevez? Be angry fair enough but to shout in the managers face so petulantly like that is not a good sign. As I've said before Tevez enjoys being a one man band. Add that to the row at training, the fact that Tevez came out and said the younger players don't listen to him and he wants to punch them when they question him.. There seems to be little or nothing in the way of team spirit or manager control. So far at least 5 players have spoken openly about leaving.. City have scored 1 goal at home in almost 2 months. They're holding on to 4th but Tevez will inevitably hit a dry spell and what happens then?

I didn't mention United.

In a few weeks I doubt if City will be 4th. Higher things beckon.

Mancini's buys are excellent, Yaya, Silva, Balotelli, the12/1 to win the thing is looking good.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

I ran an oul' quiz t'other night and a céist that I dug up was:
St. Mirren sacked their manager in 1974 for swearing at a lady......Name the manager....

On the soccerball thread, yesterday, I heard a fat geezer (an expert sorta) on Setanta describe Chelsea as "nervous, incoherent etc.,"

Does a stúmor like this get paid????..Very poor form.... No
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:I ran an oul' quiz t'other night and a céist that I dug up was:
St. Mirren sacked their manager in 1974 for swearing at a lady......Name the manager....

It was 1978 if its the guy I am thinking of - he went to Love St in 1974. The only time he was sacked and it was all about bonus payments or non payments really. The bully himself ... mad for the money even then.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Boxtyeater wrote:I ran an oul' quiz t'other night and a céist that I dug up was:

It was 1978 if its the guy I am thinking of - he went to Love St in 1974. The only time he was sacked and it was all about bonus payments or non payments really. The bully himself ... mad for the money even then.

Jonsmith (potential legal advisor to Whiskynose) might, in the goodness of his now valuable time, confirm that the Rednosed one got fooked outa' St.Mirren in 1974......Wikipedia, Wikileaks, Boxtypedia for reality....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:11 am

Internet sources tell me he started in St. Mirren in '74 and his management role ceased in '78. I wouldn't have a great head for years especially before my time so in the words of JS Senior "If it's lies I'm telling it's lies I was told.."

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:16 am

Jonsmith wrote:Internet sources tell me he started in St. Mirren in '74 and his management role ceased in '78. I wouldn't have a great head for years especially before my time so in the words of JS Senior "If it's lies I'm telling it's lies I was told.."
[img][/img]

https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/53/62/21/images26.jpg
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:58 pm

That muppet Mike Ashley is at it again - poor ould Chris Houghton sacked despite bringing NUFC back to the PL and beating Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates recently, Sunderland 5-1 and knocking Chelsea out of the Carling. And having the club in 11th. Players can be sickening in terms of loyalty etc but sometimes its worse at the top. Ashley is among the very worst.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:45 pm

How the fook did Mike Ashley manage to create such a successful business?

He genuinely strikes me as someone who seems a tad stoopid. HTF could he sack someone who's record, realistically, could not have been improved much, even by the world's most lauded coaches?

'the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward' - So that means they'll go with Alan 'Elbows' Shearer and his one competitive win as manager!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next