GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local GAA Championships

+24
mugsys_barber
mossbags
3inarow08
clash-of-da-ash
Boxtyeater
rich dublin
bald eagle
Dr.Shephard
Real Kerry Fan
bocerty
up.the.oak.trees
JimWexford
black&white
OMAR
Jayo Cluxton
mid-mon man
hipster 2
Loyal2TheRoyal
GAA-Fan
RMDrive
patrique
The Puke
Grenvile
Peter Solan the Great
28 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Local GAA Championships - Page 7 Empty Re: Local GAA Championships

Post  The Puke Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 am

Crusheen lost by three points to Kilmallock....Dominated most of the game but fell asleep straight after half time and conceded 2-4 in the opening 5 minutes of the second half leaving them 2-9 to 7 points down before finally losing 2-11 to 14 points....The two goals were soft in the extreme
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare
Number of posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:52 am

Crossmaglen could have won by another 10 if they took their points instead of looking for goals.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:30 pm

galls were very poor - who in their right mind would go to Oliver Plunkett park and try and meet fire with fire ?! it was over 10 minutes before halftime.

i think their could be a shock still to come in the ulsters this year.

RHM snr reckons the donegal outfit would be of a handy nature , i reckon the finna will take some beating as they have a raft of young fellas who have won the minor version of this.

and cross wont have it all their own way against coleraine.
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:42 pm

redhandman wrote:galls were very poor - who in their right mind would go to Oliver Plunkett park and try and meet fire with fire ?! it was over 10 minutes before halftime.

i think their could be a shock still to come in the ulsters this year.

RHM snr reckons the donegal outfit would be of a handy nature , i reckon the finna will take some beating as they have a raft of young fellas who have won the minor version of this.

and cross wont have it all their own way against coleraine.

Coleraine arent through yet RHM are they? I thought they still had Burren to play.......
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:55 pm

i thought it had been played already - i have prob put the curse on them now!!!
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:57 pm

redhandman wrote:i thought it had been played already - i have prob put the curse on them now!!!

i think they are due to play next Sunday not sure why - would fancy Burren for that one anyway
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Yea they are out on the 7th Nov. see up dated thread(real all ireland draw)
Cross were brilliant yesterday I thought.
Their movement and kicking of the ball was top class.
The tackling put the international rules to shame, as well a few over the top challenges.
They will be a tough team to beat
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 pm

They have changed the rules in Ulster, reverting back to the rule that you must use the "official" county ground, so no more games in Cross. Bit strange two days after the crucial game was played there.

However as I suspected Cross beat St Gall's as they were at home, well up for it, and St Gall's foolishly abandoned playing football. No aerial anymore so I didn't see it. ALL reports said Cross deserved it but the reffing left a bit to be desired.

And of course, the mighty one only came on at half time........

Now I knew that Aaron Kernon is maybe the best club player in Ireland, and there are a number of other Kernan's and Clarke and others who are not veterans. Plus this is the club championship and veterans quite often are the stars. In 2007 when I fancied St Galls to beat Cross, McConville was the difference.

Having said all that I doubt if Cross will be as motivated. In club football, played in winter, anything can happen. Coleraine won Derry, not an easy thing to do, and will have the hunger. Burren have pedigree, and the Donegal side are useful so I wouldn't be rushing to the bookies to back Cross.

I reckon Crokes could win the whole thing.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 pm

patrique wrote:I reckon Crokes could win the whole thing.

Quite possible as they have two good chances ...... care to elaborate on which one you fancy?
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Portlaoise a bit to far for one of them I think
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 pm

JimWexford wrote:Portlaoise a bit to far for one of them I think

Down a few key players through injury alright J but Port were made look very ordinary last year. KC are well capable of winning this one and I wouldn't be backing against them.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Vaughan still out? he is a huge loss.
Portlaoise think will have a bit of steel in them, think Peter McNulty loss will drive Portlaoise on this year and they won't be any hassle in the camp
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Down for decision this Sunday ......
Leinster quarter-finals
Portlaoise v Kilmacud Crokes (Portlaoise) - tight but giving nod to KC
Garrycastle v Mattock Rangers (Mullingar) - home advantage to win it for Garryc!
Skryne v Castletown (Navan) - again favouring the Meath men cos at home
Old Leighlin v Rhode, (Carlow) - McNamee will win it for Rhode

Connacht semis
Killererin v Ballintubber (Tuam) - go for Ks experience (5-4 likely score!) Twisted Evil
Glencar/Manorhamilton v St Brigid's (Carrick) - the home bucks won't keep it kicked out to the Rossies!

Munster quarter-finals
Stradbally v Doonbeg (Dungarvan) - Clare men to be too strong
Dr Crokes v Monaleen, (Killarney) - comfy home win for Gooch and pals

Ulster quarter-final
Burren v Coleraine, (Newry) - I fancy Burren by two falls, a knockout and a submission ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 pm

JimWexford wrote:Vaughan still out? he is a huge loss.
Portlaoise think will have a bit of steel in them, think Peter McNulty loss will drive Portlaoise on this year and they won't be any hassle in the camp

Vaughan is fit Jim - though not looking inter county fit. He was on the bench for the semi and final but came on in the decider to score 1-2. But they have 4 Dublin panellists still out injured - Paul Griffin, Darren Magee, Mark Davoren and Kevin Nolan.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Ulster quarter-final
Burren v Coleraine, (Newry) - I fancy Burren by two falls, a knockout and a submission ...

Don't think so JC, Coleraine played some wonderful football on their way to the Derry Championship, i fancy them to win with a straight knockout. +4 to the new boys!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
patrique wrote:I reckon Crokes could win the whole thing.

Quite possible as they have two good chances ...... care to elaborate on which one you fancy?

Is this Gaelic football we are discussing.

Kerry V Dublin since Dublin were represented by Dubs? (I know Kilmacud are multi-national)

Which one do you think I am talking about?
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 pm

patrique wrote:Which one do you think I am talking about?

Knowing your love for all things ------ it must be Coalisland so .... Go on Denis Taylor ya good thing ya ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:17 am

From the indo
This season's AIB senior club hurling championships have taken on a brand new personality with none of the last 16 clubs who have won the All-Ireland title in contention this time.It leaves Antrim and Ulster champions, Loughgiel Shamrocks, All-Ireland winners in 1983, as the only previous winners of the Tommy Moore Cup still in the race to Croke Park next Patrick's Day.It's a most unusual situation which adds to the excitement of a competition which has concluded in Ulster and reached the semi-final stage in Leinster and Munster. Galway champions -- Clarinbridge or Loughrea -- will represent Connacht. Eleven clubs remain in contention, with Oulart-the Ballagh installed as favourites to bring the title back to Wexford for the first time since Buffer's Alley success in 1989.

This year's champions, Ballyhale Shamrocks and runners-up, Portumna, who between them won the last five All-Ireland titles, were beaten in their respective county championships, as were Munster champions, Newtownshandrum and their Ulster counterparts, Dunloy.O'Loughlin Gaels, who replaced Ballyhale as Kilkenny champions, are third All-Ireland favourites behind Thurles Sarsfields, followed by Loughrea and Sarsfields.The All-Ireland hurling title has gone to Galway, Kilkenny, Cork and Offaly clubs every year since 2000.

Five previous All-Ireland champions remain in contention for the football title with Crossmaglen Rangers, who dethroned 2010 title holders, St.Gall's in the Ulster quarter-final last Sunday, the new favourites. Other previous All-Ireland winners, Nemo Rangers, Kilmacud Crokes and Dr Crokes are next in line on the betting lists for the Andy Merrigan Cup.
Ballintubber and Coleraine are newcomers to the provincial championship, having won the Mayo and Derry titles respectively for the first time. Both will be in action next Sunday, with Ballintubber playing Killererin in the Connacht semi-final, while Coleraine face Burren in the Ulster quarter-final.
All-Ireland club betting
Hurling: Oulart-the Ballagh (Wexford) 2/1; Thurles Sarsfields (Tipperary) 7/2; O'Loughlin Gaels (Kilkenny) 4/1; Loughrea (Galway) 6/1; Sarsfields (Cork) 9/1; De La Salle (Waterford), Clarinbridge (Galway) 12/1; Loughgiel (Antrim) 16/1; Ballyboden St-Enda's (Dublin) 20/1; Kilmallock (Limerick) 25/1; Raharney (Westmeath) 150/1.

Football: Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) 11/4;Nemo Rangers (Cork) 9/2; Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin) 11/2; Dr Crokes (Kerry) 6/1; St.Brigid's (Roscommon) 10/1; Rhode (Offaly), Portlaoise (Laois), Killererin (Galway) 12/1; Naomh Conaill (Donegal) 22/1; Coalisland (Tyrone) 25/1; Garrycastle (Westmeath) 28/1; Skryne (Meath) 33/1; Ballintubber (Mayo) 40/1; Burren (Down), Coleraine (Derry), 50/1; Castletown (Wexford) 100/1;Doonbeg (Clare), Monaleen (Limerick), Mattock Rangers (Louth), Old Leighlin (Carlow) 150/1; Glencar-Manorhamilton (Leitrim) 300/1.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford

Back to top Go down

Local GAA Championships - Page 7 Empty Kilmacud Crokes

Post  mullins Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:00 am

Good luck tomorrow will be a tough game with so many players out ..But best of luck from the Dubs on tipster.. rocker
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Great display by Crokes today sheer class to win away from home today under such hard circumstances..Ross OCarroll gave some display at full back......
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Down for decision this Sunday ......
Leinster quarter-finals
Portlaoise v Kilmacud Crokes (Portlaoise) - tight but giving nod to KC
Garrycastle v Mattock Rangers (Mullingar) - home advantage to win it for Garryc!
Skryne v Castletown (Navan) - again favouring the Meath men cos at home
Old Leighlin v Rhode, (Carlow) - McNamee will win it for Rhode

Connacht semis
Killererin v Ballintubber (Tuam) - go for Ks experience (5-4 likely score!) Twisted Evil
Glencar/Manorhamilton v St Brigid's (Carrick) - the home bucks won't keep it kicked out to the Rossies!

Munster quarter-finals
Stradbally v Doonbeg (Dungarvan) - Clare men to be too strong
Dr Crokes v Monaleen, (Killarney) - comfy home win for Gooch and pals

Ulster quarter-final

8 out of 9 - with some spot on comments! Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:21 pm

What were you doing backing doonbeg to win after making a 3 and a half hour trip down to Waterford.....Couldn't belive that Stradbally were as high as 4/6 to win, free money
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 pm

The Puke wrote:What were you doing backing doonbeg to win after making a 3 and a half hour trip down to Waterford.....Couldn't belive that Stradbally were as high as 4/6 to win, free money

Aye P - not having much on form here I was basing it on Kilmurry's showing last year and thought Clare football would be stronger.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  The Puke Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
The Puke wrote:What were you doing backing doonbeg to win after making a 3 and a half hour trip down to Waterford.....Couldn't belive that Stradbally were as high as 4/6 to win, free money

Aye P - not having much on form here I was basing it on Kilmurry's showing last year and thought Clare football would be stronger.

KIB were very lucky to shade a tight contest in Quility against Stradbally last year
The Puke
The Puke
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Clare

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:16 pm

The Puke wrote:KIB were very lucky to shade a tight contest in Quility against Stradbally last year

Yes - I got it wrong - Quilty as charged ..... Laughing
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next