GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)...

3 posters

Go down

Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Empty Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)...

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:36 pm

The Boxty mansion was/is, as ever, jammed to the "boults" over the weekend ....in-laws, outlaws, sprogs from 8sh. acting the maggot and Grandad expected to provide "Disneyworld in the West"..... Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Suspect Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Kopfschuettel

Anyway, as the War Office was making a bitéén of custard to complement the bit of Xmas pudding, Boxty opted for an injection of "local brew" into the mix.....Result......BOOM!!!!!!

I've had many's the fine dessert, but, in defiance of the Wino's on the other thread ...Pud, Custard and "Crátúre" are the way forward...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Empty Re: Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)...

Post  Grenvile Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Clove? Berry? Or plain?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Empty Re: Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Just don't make boxty whatever you do... Unless you're planning on using it as cement. Yuck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 am

RoyalGirl wrote:Just don't make boxty whatever you do... Unless you're planning on using it as cement. Yuck!

Ok RoyalGirl Lets not say things we can't take back now.. Saying that to a Cavan/Leitrim person is like going to China and telling them that rice isn't all it's cracked up to be. And always remember RG:

Boxty in the saucepan,
Boxty on the pan,
If you cannot make the Boxty,
You'll never get a man.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:07 am

Jonsmith wrote:
RoyalGirl wrote:Just don't make boxty whatever you do... Unless you're planning on using it as cement. Yuck!

Ok RoyalGirl Lets not say things we can't take back now.. Saying that to a Cavan/Leitrim person is like going to China and telling them that rice isn't all it's cracked up to be. And always remember RG:

Boxty in the saucepan,
Boxty on the pan,
You'll never get a man.

I can make boxty, but if I had the option I would always choose not to. And if Cavan/Leitrim men love boxty so much I just won't try get with any of them. Simples. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 am

[quote="Jonsmith"

Boxty in the saucepan,
Boxty on the pan,
You'll never get a man.[/quote]

Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Icon_lol Unique Recipies.....(Local Take)... Icon_lol
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:30 am

The mother made boxty a few weeks back. It was fine but not quite the same as the Leitrim stuff. What variety of spuds should be used?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:40 pm

How about sugar or chrisp sandwiches?

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:Anyway, as the War Office was making a bitéén of custard to complement the bit of Xmas pudding, Boxty opted for an injection of "local brew" into the mix.....Result......BOOM!!!!!!

Boxty I k now your getting on in years and the oul memory might not be what it once was but i feel it is my duty to remind you that yesterday was Easter not Christmas !!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down