GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

may have a 'local' hurling team...

4 posters

Go down

may have a 'local' hurling team... Empty may have a 'local' hurling team...

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Have had email contacts with some guys in Leeds who are hoping to set up a hurling team. Remains to be seen whether I am a) old enough to play b) able to get to training c) doing too many exams to be able to commit but could be good Smile
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

may have a 'local' hurling team... Empty Re: may have a 'local' hurling team...

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:07 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:Have had email contacts with some guys in Leeds who are hoping to set up a hurling team. Remains to be seen whether I am a) old enough to play b) able to get to training c) doing too many exams to be able to commit but could be good Smile

you forgot to mention that it remains to be seen if your any good and worth a place on the team
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

bocerty wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:Have had email contacts with some guys in Leeds who are hoping to set up a hurling team. Remains to be seen whether I am a) old enough to play b) able to get to training c) doing too many exams to be able to commit but could be good Smile

you forgot to mention that it remains to be seen if your any good and worth a place on the team

goes without saying Razz Razz

nah of course that is the obvious factor, I'm just talking about going along to see if I am good enough - a)b)andc) will influence whether I'm able to do that.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm sure if you have any skills in the small ball game at all - i.e. able to hit the ball you should be good enough for a spot on the team, after all in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king!!!!!

Mind you playing hurling with a crowd of Yorkshire lads could be a dangerous enough plan.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Considering Leeds is a hotbed of Irish music and dance, you would have imagined there would be hurling.

Mind you, Lancashire is now down to one hurling team.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:27 pm

There is no maybe about it Sami, there will be a new Hurling club in Leeds starting from this year. They new club are independant from any one football club and will draw all their players from these existing clubs, meaning their survival chances are very strong right from the start.

They will be playing a number of challenge games in 2010 with the hope of entering the Warkwickshire hurling league in 2011.

At the moment you are too young to play (in competition) but could play in challenge games, by the time they will be hopefully playing the the league you will be old enough to play.

I agree with Pat that i find it staggering that there isn't a hurling club already in Yorks, i also agree very strongly with Boc that playing hurling with Yourks could be very dangerous!!!!!

Pat said that Lancs are only down to one club now, Warks isn't exactly strong as John Mitchels HC, dare i say it, poach all the best talent from the other clubs. The inception of the new Yorks side will see 2 sides playing in the Warks league from different counties, perhaps now in Britain the way forward would be a London league and a Rest of Britain league?

Whatever way you look at it, this is very good news for British Hurling and definately a step in the right direction.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down