GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of Christy Cooney's mental health?

4 posters

Go down

State of Christy Cooney's mental health? Empty State of Christy Cooney's mental health?

Post  mossbags Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 pm

He's on record as saying Thurles is the 'fairest possible venue' for an All-Ireland Final involving Tipp. There have been worrying signs from day 1 of this presidency and sadly its only worse things are getting. I have to say himslf and Paraic Duffy have been a serious disappointment. Might as well have Maggy Thatcher running things for all they seem to know or care about what it is that makes the GAA mean so much to so many.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

State of Christy Cooney's mental health? Empty Re: State of Christy Cooney's mental health?

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:09 pm

He has also said that the likes of the u21 final should be on in the best possible venue so they picked.....................Thurles, even though Croke Park is available. I don't think the GAA are getting value out of their €750,000 a year.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

State of Christy Cooney's mental health? Empty Re: State of Christy Cooney's mental health?

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Jaysus yis are in a final and all ye do is moan, moan, moan. I tell ya if Dublin hadda bet Galway in the semi we'd be heading down to Thurles happily in our droves - as we did to Breffni for the football ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Because it is derogatory ...
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Because it is derrogatory ...

Maybe so but it's fair comment. Or at least as fair as Christy Cooney believes it is to play the U-21 Final in Tipps home turf
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Unfair, unjustified, annoying, - yes. Not the use of your word Moss. You are entitled to your opinion here but not in a way that others here might end up in litigation over it. I think that's fair.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:13 pm

I was still going to go no matter where it was on but I just think its unfair for a team to play a national final in its home ground. People would argue that Dublin play semi-finals and finals in Croke Park but this is different as only Croke Park would be big enough to hold 50k+ fans, the match the next day will only have 20k max at it.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Dublin's home ground is not Croke Park ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:01 pm

He is clearly one very disturbed individual.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Jaysus yis are in a final and all ye do is moan, moan, moan. I tell ya if Dublin hadda bet Galway in the semi we'd be heading down to Thurles happily in our droves - as we did to Breffni for the football ....

Not from where I was sitting 3,000 - 4,000 maybe
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:21 pm

It is worrying to see such an unbalanced character in such a position of power
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down