GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinn Fein win case against the state

4 posters

Go down

Sinn Fein win case against the state Empty Sinn Fein win case against the state

Post  Peter Solan the Great Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 pm

The Government has lost a case in the European Court of Human Rights brought by former senior IRA member Brendan McFarlane.

The court ruled that proceedings taken against him have taken too long and has ordered that he be paid compensation.

Brendan 'Bik' McFarlane was commander of the IRA prisoners in the Maze during the 1981 hunger strike and led the mass escape from the prison two years later.

He went on the run and was re-captured in the Netherlands along with fellow Maze escapee Gerry Kelly.

In 1998, Brendan McFarlane was charged in the Republic with kidnapping supermarket executive Don Tidey in 1983.

The case finally went ahead two years ago only to collapse when garda evidence was ruled inadmissible.

McFarlane then took a case to the European Court saying his human rights had been violated by the length of time involved in criminal proceedings.

The court in Strasbourg has upheld his complaint and dismissed the Irish Government's claims about domestic judicial solutions.

The State is to pay Mr McFarlane €15,000 in damages and costs.
Peter Solan the Great
Peter Solan the Great
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Mayo
Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Sinn Fein win case against the state Empty Re: Sinn Fein win case against the state

Post  Boxtyeater Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Peter Solan the Great wrote:In 1998, Brendan McFarlane was charged in the Republic with kidnapping supermarket executive Don Tidey in 1983.
The case finally went ahead two years ago only to collapse when garda evidence was ruled inadmissible.

The State is to pay Mr McFarlane €15,000 in damages and costs.

My recollection of those "memorable" weeks completely exonerate Bik McFarlane and his associates of this allegation...The youtube clip would be a better indicator of the perpetrators or so I'm told.....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Sinn Fein win case against the state Empty Re: Sinn Fein win case against the state

Post  Joseff Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:46 am

Sinn Fein are pathetic.

The band of them are criminals, some are still involved in criminal activity.

They will always be, as Mc Dowell put it "the left overs" of Irish politics.

The party has being funded by criminality in the past and according to a Paul Williams documentary are even more so funded by provo activity.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Joseff wrote:Sinn Fein are pathetic.

The party has being funded by criminality in the past and according to a Paul Williams documentary are even more so funded by provo activity.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

A man whose biggest claim to fame is that he was in the same school class as boxtys twin cousins !

Though I see mention elsewhere on this forum of meeting famous people - I met the aforementiond crime swashbuckler over the weekend - Intense is probably the kindest description

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseff Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:35 pm

OMAR wrote:
Joseff wrote:Sinn Fein are pathetic.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff

A man whose biggest claim to fame is that he was in the same school class as boxtys twin cousins !

Though I see mention elsewhere on this forum of meeting famous people - I met the aforementiond crime swashbuckler over the weekend - Intense is probably the kindest description

And what about it?

Do you think I care who ya met Omar?

Wouldn't this site be great if we all just posted about people we met. Sur jaysus I saw the preist saying mass today.

Yours In Sport,
Joseff
Joseff
Joseff
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

Louth
Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Noble attempt here by joeseff to bring a cutting to debate on this forum - especially given relevant thead about lack of argument and overuse of backslapping.

In the spirit in which the point that was made
Well yes Joeseff I would have thought you would be interested - If you refer back to your post on this thread you appear to view his interest on a topic as something that adds weight to your argument.

Though if Paul Williams and your local PP are then main influence on your views in life in General I will try to stick to thread and posts along the lines of

"COSTA DELL CRIME - MONKEY AND PHYSCO WESTIE AND MOYROSS GANGLORDS WALK ON WATER AND CONVERT FISHES TO WINE IN MOUNTJOY MOBILE PHONE PLOT ROSE ON THE THIRD DAY SHOCKER " - Please note that as this is a second sunday we expect a "silent Collection"
There will be a Wist drive on the Parochial hall on wednesday evening after the meeting of Gamblers Anonymous

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:04 pm

OMAR wrote:[

The D twins are without doubt the most famous men from that class.
On your 2nd. point, I thought Martin was in fine fettle, wearing the good suit and all that, but his opening comment of "Well Ballinamore" even 100 odd miles from said town showed:
(A) He has a good memory for faces/locations/occasions.
(B) He bought a round of drinks the evening of John Joe McGirl's funeral which included Boxty......He would hardly be that miserable, would he?? Suspect
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:

The D twins are without doubt the most famous men from that class.
On your 2nd. point, I thought Martin was in fine fettle, wearing the good suit and all that, but his opening comment of "Well Ballinamore" even 100 odd miles from said town showed:
(A) He has a good memory for faces/locations/occasions.
(B) He bought a round of drinks the evening of John Joe McGirl's funeral which included Boxty......He would hardly be that miserable, would he?? Suspect

Crossed Wires here the "Intense crime swashbuckler" is a ballinamore man - Pen is mightier than the sword and all that

As regars the Oakleafer - not sure as to the reason for his recall- maybe back in the day knowing which Ballinamore men were good for safe houses or not might have been important field recogisance.
Not an acqusation by the way - My knowledge of your kin would suggest family politics would be closer to turquoise than extreme green

OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:28 pm

OMAR wrote:[- My knowledge of your kin would suggest family politics would be closer to turquoise than extreme green

I remember an occasion when father of said twins got a hoor of a pain in his chest.....There was a state car in the town at the time and on standby...

Fill it in yourself...
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
OMAR wrote:[- My knowledge of your kin would suggest family politics would be closer to turquoise than extreme green

I remember an occasion when father of said twins got a hoor of a pain in his chest.....There was a state car in the town at the time and on standby...
Fill it in yourself...

Recall one of the D's once telling me that the Missus - or her clan owned the field
As in "The Field"
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Recall one of the D's once telling me that the Missus - or her clan owned the field
As in "The Field"

All the D's would have been aligned to this man, they're my mothers peopleSinn Fein win case against the state Untitl14

His late father was shot dead canvassing in 1932, in of all places....Fenagh. The Boxty clan, given all with all, would have stood by the local, although Boxty Mór would have been a big McGirl man, hence yesterdays comment "Well Ballinamore"....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down