GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The A-Team

+5
redhandman
bocerty
3inarow08
OMAR
RMDrive
9 posters

Go down

The A-Team Empty The A-Team

Post  RMDrive Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Just saw the new film there. It was better than I expected TBH. Loads of action and a few laughs. I can see them sequeling the feck out of it though.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

The A-Team Empty Re: The A-Team

Post  OMAR Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 am

RMDrive wrote:Just saw the new film there. It was better than I expected TBH. Loads of action and a few laughs. I can see them sequeling the feck out of it though.

Went to the picture house this morning with tribe as quid pro quo for having a long and liquid day in Croker on Saturday.
Despite putting forward a strong case for Murdock and Co.
Toy Story 3 (3-d) pervailed
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan
Number of posts : 3126

Back to top Go down

Post  3inarow08 Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 am

RMDrive wrote:Just saw the new film there. It was better than I expected TBH. Loads of action and a few laughs. I can see them sequeling the feck out of it though.

Saw it a month ago or so in America or New Zealand, not too sure. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. It was a real Hollywood type blockbuster, when it should have been more like a Bond/Bourne film or something for me.

I'm just hoping they don't touch McGyver! Leave me with some happy memories of my childhood.
3inarow08
3inarow08
GAA Senior
GAA Senior

Kerry
Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:55 am

OMAR wrote:

Went to the picture house this morning with tribe as quid pro quo for having a long and liquid day in Croker on Saturday.
Despite putting forward a strong case for Murdock and Co.
Toy Story 3 (3-d) pervailed

been there too OMAR and Shrek in 3D followed shortly after What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 am

A Team
McGyver
Airwolf
Hardcastle and McCormack
The Fall Guy
Six Million Dollar Man
The Hulk
Dukes of Hazard

Don't make them like they used to
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  redhandman Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:07 pm

went to see it the other night - t'was the better halfs birthday and i managed to convince her sure no better way to celebrate than to watch the a team. i dont mind if they sequel the fook outta it if it is a good as this film.

dare i say liam neeson makes a better hannibal than peppard ?
redhandman
redhandman
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

tyrone
Number of posts : 545

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Have to admit we saw it as well courtesy of TV shack, hooked laptop up to TV and wasn't impressed at all. Average just about covered it.
Saw the other two, Shrek and Toy Story in the cinema and they were value for money as all enjoyed them, Adults teenagers and toddlers.
Omar that list where do you pull them from, I can safely say I had forgotten about half of them especially the Hardcastle and Mccormack.
Will always remember one of them, the guy with the 'tash toured Ireland with a stunt show and the big 4 wheel drive machine from the show.
Rem them in the racecourse in Wexford, easily the '80's never got to go but ended up meeting him and a few others who got lost going to Waterford, trust me the got really lost as they were out by at least 30/40 miles the way they wanted to go.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm

JimWexford wrote:Have to admit we saw it as well courtesy of TV shack, hooked laptop up to TV and wasn't impressed at all. Average just about covered it.
Saw the other two, Shrek and Toy Story in the cinema and they were value for money as all enjoyed them, Adults teenagers and toddlers.
Omar that list where do you pull them from, I can safely say I had forgotten about half of them especially the Hardcastle and Mccormack.
Will always remember one of them, the guy with the 'tash toured Ireland with a stunt show and the big 4 wheel drive machine from the show.
Rem them in the racecourse in Wexford, easily the '80's never got to go but ended up meeting him and a few others who got lost going to Waterford, trust me the got really lost as they were out by at least 30/40 miles the way they wanted to go.

Hardcastle and McCormick is fairly obscure all right _ I still remember the Intro -
Hard Case Hardcastle etc.

Another eighties classic was the "greatest American Hero" - Brilliant theme tune
"Who Could it be Believe it or not its just me"

There was another one something along the Lines of Airwolf and Knight Rider- Can't for the life of me remember the name of it - The guy had a black Motorbike with Blue neon lights - He could take corners at Right angles

The there was all the Cop shows

Dempsey and Makepeace
Streets of San Francisco
Kojak
Moonlighting
Hill Street Blues

etc etc
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Clarke Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:05 pm

OMAR wrote:

Another eighties classic was the "greatest American Hero" - Brilliant theme tune
"Who Could it be Believe it or not its just me"

There was another one something along the Lines of Airwolf and Knight Rider- Can't for the life of me remember the name of it - The guy had a black Motorbike with Blue neon lights - He could take corners at Right angles

The there was all the Cop shows

Dempsey and Makepeace
Streets of San Francisco
Kojak
Moonlighting
Hill Street Blues

etc etc

Such a trip down memory lane Omar. The Greatest American Hero Theme tune - what a classic! A good show too, about a superhero who couldn't control his magic suit.

I'm pretty sure that the motorbike with the blue neon stripe was called Street Hawk - total rubbish in comparison to Knight Rider, with the red neon stripe.

And Dempsey and Makepeace - pure quality, for obvious reasons to anyone who remembers Glynis Barber in the '80s.
Thomas Clarke
Thomas Clarke
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Tyrone
Number of posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:17 pm

entertaining film but ridiculous in places - if one was to be pedantic the majority of action in the film defied all logic, science and common sense Smile
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  OMAR Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:entertaining film but ridiculous in places - if one was to be pedantic the majority of action in the film defied all logic, science and common sense The A-Team Icon_smile

Sami you went to a film called the A Team - based on a tv programme best known for the ability to find a welding torch and the materials to make a Humvee in a poor mexicans fruit farm, Plus the habit of being able to fire SAM missles, detonate 50 landmines and spray 10,000 rounds from semii automatic weapons at close range that at worse causes the baddies to take a 10 yard tumble on to a haystack.

Scientific accuracy and the confirmation of advanced Physics theorys were always going to be unlikley
OMAR
OMAR
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Cavan

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:01 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:entertaining film but ridiculous in places - if one was to be pedantic the majority of action in the film defied all logic, science and common sense Smile
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  6inarow Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:49 am

Dirk Benedict was working at our place (I work in a theatre) about a month or so ago, unfortunately I didn't get to bump into him as I was out of the office a lot that week. Somebody did pass along my invite for him to join me at the local on the Friday night but he declined. Gutted, I'd have been a legend if I'd walked into the pub with the Faceman!

After that I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch the movie. The A Team was more like a religion than a TV show for me when I was a kid and I'm not sure I could handle two let downs in a year!

6inarow
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Galway
Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down