GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum

3 posters

Go down

Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Empty Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum

Post  JimWexford Sat May 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I'II do a boxty and try and address all these issues in one long winded no apparent use thread.

1. Common Sense, not wasting a €100 plus on seeing your county get walloped in Kilkenny tonight but getting in the good books and have €20 to go to a party tonight even though your "only visiting friends".

2. Pat McEnaney, to make a decision you apply some notion of sense. To just apply "common sense" might not take you to Kilkenny but it certainly doesn't legislate between what is a free/foul and what isn't. People have this notion that refs ruin games the don't players and mentors do because
A) they try and cheat
B) they don't know the rules
C) they really don't know the rules.
In certain aspects common sense can apply and a good examples are
1) if you don't see it don't blow it, players tell the truth (pull the other one)
2) Let the play flow ---- a big no that is not your job, that is the players job.
3) if a lad had taken 4/5 steps and is been pulled out of give him/her the advantage and allow them an extra step or two to try and break the "attempted tackle"- which I find they generally do.
4) trial by media is bullshit because hindsight is 20/20 bull, real time look at something and make your mind up very easy to "persuade someone after 50 views from 30 different angles"
5) Ref a game yourself and see how many of the rules you know, I posted 10 questions a while ago on this forum no one got the 10 correct say the max was 5/6 out of 10 from respected posters in there armchairs.

The West
Boxty I would like to apply for position of head boxty chef grade 5 with a promise within 5 hours I will train myself up to a grade 1 chef for the pan and the loaf.
This recession might do what cromwell could never do and with the schemes boxty has up his Cavan sleeve made in Ukraine we might all be heading over there. Those ghost estates in Leitrim will be filled yet!!!
boxty like your bet for the AI very very shrewd.

The forum
Hello all and thanks for taking those few seconds out of you hectic lifestyle to read this rather unprofound words of mine.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Empty Re: Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 6:48 pm

"Common sense" isn't all that common Jim, as you well know...

Around here there's an oul' comment..."It's hard to soar like an eagle when your'e flying with turkeys"....
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Empty Re: Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum

Post  RMDrive Sat May 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Had some shop-bought boxty this evening. Twas quite nice. Whats the normal eating method? Salt and butter?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat May 29, 2010 11:56 pm

RMDrive wrote:Had some shop-bought boxty this evening. Twas quite nice. Whats the normal eating method? Salt and butter?

Salt???? Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Suspect Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Suspect A nice, lavish smear of real butter enhances the taste.....A mug of natural buttermilk is a bonus.. Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum 19213

Salt.. Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Kopfschuettel Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Kopfschuettel Common Sense, Pat McEnaney, the West and this Forum Kopfschuettel
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 am

LOL. Good job I didn't ask about pepper so Boxty!
I had to make do with Dairygold light. Not the right stuff for new spuds so I reckon it's not the right stuff for Boxty either. I'll live and learn though.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sun May 30, 2010 12:07 am

RMDrive wrote:LOL. Good job I didn't ask about pepper so Boxty!
I had to make do with Dairygold light. Not the right stuff for new spuds so I reckon it's not the right stuff for Boxty either. I'll live and learn though.

Yarrgh!!!!!!!
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
RMDrive wrote:LOL. Good job I didn't ask about pepper so Boxty!

Yarrgh!!!!!!!

Indeed. But such steps must be taken.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down