GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Clermont Auvergne

+3
Grenvile
mullins
Jayo Cluxton
7 posters

Go down

Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Empty Leinster v Clermont Auvergne

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 am

A Friday night kick-off at 8pm in the RDS. A few pints in Dohenys or somewhere first and on to the game - nice bit of weather - has all the ingredients of a great evening - with a Leinster win of course!! I was in a sweat for tickets yesterday as I left it late and then the Dublin Bus scenario happened - two came along at once. Anyone interested?

Hopefully Darcy, O'Driscoll and Horgan are fully fit. It will be a really tough game but I hope the holders go through!! C'mon Leinster.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Empty Re: Leinster v Clermont Auvergne

Post  mullins Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Is the Rds becoming the new hill Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Icon_question
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Great night - great atmosphere and exciting game to say the least. A lot of French supporters there and I was thinking if I was them I would be well peed off. They won the match everywhere except the scoreboard. Poor Shane Horgan had a shocker but Heaslip is pure class. Well done to Munster today too - and Connaught!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 am

Could we be on for a Leinster Munster final! If both did progress to the final where would it be held? Does it depend on the finalists or is the venue pre-arranged?

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 am

Jonsmith wrote:Could we be on for a Leinster Munster final! If both did progress to the final where would it be held? Does it depend on the finalists or is the venue pre-arranged?

Final is pre-determined JS and will be in Saint Dennis outside Paris ... Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Icon_sad
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Grenvile Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:42 am

Ah well.. I had images of one final battle in Croker there! But both have tough semi-finals ahead of them first anyway.

Grenvile
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Laois
Number of posts : 2239

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:52 am

Jonsmith wrote:Ah well.. I had images of one final battle in Croker there! But both have tough semi-finals ahead of them first anyway.

A few years ago the final was scheduled for Landsdowne (old). Leinster had a home QF and semi to follow but played brutal to lose to Biarritz. We had an all French final in Landsdowne!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  Swinford2009 Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 am

final is in Stade de France Jayo. heading over myself if Leinster get there and will feckin walk if its a Leinster-Munster final.Hopefully we can do to the french what they done to us a few years ago and beat the two french teams in the semi's and have the all-ireland final that shouldv happened in 04 (i think)
Swinford2009
Swinford2009
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Mayo
Number of posts : 269

http://mikessportsfile.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Swinford2009 wrote:final is in Stade de France Jayo. heading over myself if Leinster get there and will feckin walk if its a Leinster-Munster final.Hopefully we can do to the french what they done to us a few years ago and beat the two french teams in the semi's and have the all-ireland final that shouldv happened in 04 (i think)

Aye - a long shot but would be awesome. And different from the all French final (it was actually 2003 Swinny!) here when less than 30,000 attended I'd bet that Leinster and Munster would fill the ground easily! Incidentally the 2005 final in Murrayfield was also an all French affair but over 50k attended!

ps Saint Denis is the suburb where SdF is.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
Swinford2009 wrote:final is in Stade de France Jayo. heading over myself if Leinster get there and will feckin walk if its a Leinster-Munster final.Hopefully we can do to the french what they done to us a few years ago and beat the two french teams in the semi's and have the all-ireland final that shouldv happened in 04 (i think)

Aye - a long shot but would be awesome. And different from the all French final (it was actually 2003 Swinny!) here when less than 30,000 attended I'd bet that Leinster and Munster would fill the ground easily! Incidentally the 2005 final in Murrayfield was also an all French affair but over 50k attended!

ps Saint Denis is the suburb where SdF is.

Is that like Dublin been a suburb of Tara (the true capital of Ireland)
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 am

Munster v Leinster final would be brilliant. Come on Munster jerry
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Oh Yes, I have very vague recollections of the 2003 final, I heckeld a Perignan player with tanned/ varnished legs for some reason Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Icon_scratch and walked past Jeremy Guscott who was smoking a cigar.

I would assume an All Irish final would be easy to get a match ticket for?

Brock James - What a hero!

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:47 pm

Also a great win for Connacht over Bourgoin, they now face Toulon at home in semi-final. Toulon are currently second in the top 14 and have Johnny Wilkinson among their players. Its a great acheivement for Connacht considering the resources they get in comparison to Leinster and Munster,
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:49 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:Also a great win for Connacht over Bourgoin, they now face Toulon at home in semi-final. Toulon are currently second in the top 14 and have Johnny Wilkinson among their players. Its a great acheivement for Connacht considering the local support they get in comparison to Leinster and Munster,

Fixed that Clash ...... Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Icon_lol
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:Also a great win for Connacht over Bourgoin, they now face Toulon at home in semi-final. Toulon are currently second in the top 14 and have Johnny Wilkinson among their players. Its a great acheivement for Connacht considering the local support they get in comparison to Leinster and Munster,

Fixed that Clash ...... Leinster v Clermont Auvergne Icon_lol

very good hahhaaa
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 am

Well I think the amount of support a team gets is dependent on success.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down