GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knives out for Micky Harte....again!!

+2
bocerty
mossbags
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Knives out for Micky Harte....again!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Knives out for Micky Harte....again!!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Was at lunch last year and at our table was a man who had interests in auctioneering circles. He was neatly presented with a well trimmed beard and a polished pioneer pin in his lapel. Anyway once he established that we had no money to buy property conversation moved to matters of a GAA nature. I was so bold as to mention an article that had appeared in the newspaper that day about the GPA. In particular I mentioned a comment that had been made in the article which strongly supported the GPA by a versatile midfielder/Forward with which the bearded man would be aquainted.
The bearded man endorsed the comment with the highest praise and stated that the player who made the comment possessed an intelect and IQ that he felt would never be surpassed.

Back to top Go down

Knives out for Micky Harte....again!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Knives out for Micky Harte....again!!

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Aye, Sean Cav ... met him ..... he's no 'daw!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:52 am

Ruanua wrote:Was at lunch last year and at our table was a man who had interests in auctioneering circles. He was neatly presented with a well trimmed beard and a polished pioneer pin in his lapel. Anyway once he established that we had no money to buy property conversation moved to matters of a GAA nature. I was so bold as to mention an article that had appeared in the newspaper that day about the GPA. In particular I mentioned a comment that had been made in the article which strongly supported the GPA by a versatile midfielder/Forward with which the bearded man would be aquainted.
The bearded man endorsed the comment with the highest praise and stated that the player who made the comment possessed an intelect and IQ that he felt would never be surpassed.

Turns out my squash playing partner was recounting earlier on a similar conversation he had once engaged with involving a bearded gentleman of a kindly and indeed philisophical disposition whose reputation in the field of auctioneering is well known across the land. He did also confirm to me what many of us had been suspecting all along but advised the upmost discretion at this juncture, suffice to say for now that any announcement has been put on hold until after Cheltenham, so we must all just sit tight for now. My associate and I pencilled in a spot of brunch for Saturday afternoon so pehaps things will become clearer then. What I can say at this point and I think Ruanua's point fleshes this out, is that the level of anyone's IQ was never, repeat NEVER an issue until the 'incident'.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2