GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micky Harte talking balls

+3
wise_guy
bocerty
mossbags
7 posters

Go down

Micky Harte talking balls Empty Micky Harte talking balls

Post  mossbags Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:16 pm

"We all agree that it wasn’t the proper thing to do, and didn’t look good. Ryan has acknowledged and recognised that and I have no doubt that he would accept the requisite punishment, but I don’t think he should be getting anything more severe than that.

"If we’re talking about the severity of the incident, then there was absolutely no injury to the player; he was able to continue on.

Cut the crap Micky. He grabbed another mans bollox. Dirty rotten egg. 6 weeks is leniant. Accept it and move on.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Micky Harte talking balls Empty Re: Micky Harte talking balls

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 pm

mossbags wrote:"We all agree that it wasn’t the proper thing to do, and didn’t look good. Ryan has acknowledged and recognised that and I have no doubt that he would accept the requisite punishment, but I don’t think he should be getting anything more severe than that.

"If we’re talking about the severity of the incident, then there was absolutely no injury to the player; he was able to continue on.

Cut the crap Micky. He grabbed another mans bollox. Dirty rotten egg. 6 weeks is leniant. Accept it and move on.

Here Here Mossbags, well said!!! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:09 pm

agree with you on this one lads - Mickey is determined to make a mockery out of the suspension issue - everytime someone in Tyrone gets a ban why do we feel the need to query it an appeal it - i had to laugh at the statement on the BBC website saying Ricey was happy to accept a 4 week ban but not 6 weeks. Since when did you get to pick and choose your suspension.

The whole appeal culture that in my opinion was championed by Tyrone really pisses me off - if you dont want a suspension have some feckin manners on the field and then it wont be a problem.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Agreed used to have alot of respect for Harte but the way he was goin on he was more or less justifying what Ricey did.

Back to top Go down

Post  mossbags Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm

bocerty wrote:agree with you on this one lads - Mickey is determined to make a mockery out of the suspension issue - everytime someone in Tyrone gets a ban why do we feel the need to query it an appeal it - i had to laugh at the statement on the BBC website saying Ricey was happy to accept a 4 week ban but not 6 weeks. Since when did you get to pick and choose your suspension.

The whole appeal culture that in my opinion was championed by Tyrone really pisses me off - if you dont want a suspension have some feckin manners on the field and then it wont be a problem.

Right enough Bocerty. Tyrone might even have imposed a ban themselves. It would have sent a strong message as all-Ireland champions. Wishful thinking perhaps that any county would do this.
mossbags
mossbags
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Galway
Number of posts : 3405

Back to top Go down

Micky Harte talking balls Empty talking balls

Post  wise_guy Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm

actully agree with you mossbags. accept it and get on with it!!
wise_guy
wise_guy
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

East Tyrone
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  lino_de_legend Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:02 pm

hate when players appeal bans , especially when its blatently obvious they desserve it. they should bring a new rule where if ya appeal the ban and lose then its doubled. that would stop people making a mockery of the system. the end of the day its only 6 weeks in feb/march.
lino_de_legend
lino_de_legend
200 posts for rank
200 posts for rank

dublin
Number of posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 pm

In fairness, what do you expect MH to say? As a manager he has to stick up for his team. The team that has gone to battle for him numerous times of the last few years. He was never going to come out and castigate Ricey and can you tell me which IC manager would in that situation?
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am

RMDrive wrote:He was never going to come out and castigate Ricey and can you tell me which IC manager would in that situation?

I'd say the other 31 IC managers would gladly come out and castigate Ricey! Razz Razz
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 am

Is Mickey Harte turning into Arsene Wenger perhaps? pig

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero