GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tags given to teams

4 posters

Go down

Tags given to teams Empty Tags given to teams

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:49 pm

I put this one up on HS as well but I know alot of you don't use it anymore so I'll put it on here too...

Derry have largely been associated with being a one man forward and depending on Paddy Bradley, I think if our League Performance keeps up we can well and truley banish that tag. 8 players scoring last night, 6 last week? Times are looking up.

What other tags are attatched to teams and are they deserved or not.

Back to top Go down

Tags given to teams Empty Re: Tags given to teams

Post  GAA-Fan Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:55 pm

Armagh...Too many miles on the clock.

WRONG answer!

Last year the average age of the team was 26.

Not sure what it is this year primarily because I havent been to a match yet and havent got a match booklett Sad
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnos bulls Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Hate the way donegal are the only county branded as alcoholic lunatics. Every county has them.

Cross had few too many miles on the clock today!
johnnos bulls
johnnos bulls
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Leitrim
Number of posts : 320

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Cross do, but Armagh dont.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Armagh an over physical side. Unfortunately the referee in the 2003 final obviously had been reading the trash papers, gave Tyrone sone crazy decisions, about 3 points in first half came from dives. Not to mention Marsden sending off.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Marsdens sending off in 03 seems to rag Armagh supporters like the point that wasn't in 1995 does with Tyrone fans.

Samin10 i think he deserved to go - and you cant tell me that if roles hadnt have been reversed that Marsden wouldnt have went to ground to get Jordans ent off - for a guy with Marsdens experince it was a stupid thing to do.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone
Number of posts : 5899

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:01 pm

what put his hands up when someone runs 20 yards to confront him? Tyrone were the better team that day but some of the frees awarded to them were ridiculous. Yes it really does rile me that a player runs up into anothers face then throws himself to the ground. No i dont think Marsden would have done the same, a more honest player you would never have met (cant say the same for all Armagh players but i would have been shocked to see marsden do it). Dooher also tried to get McGrane sent off the same day, luckily the referee actually seen that incident and told Dooher to get up.

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

FFS Samin tyrone players did this and tyrone players did that - thats a bit fecking childish - look what happened in 05 when we lost Canavan and O' Neill and for what.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Admin - average age is hardly indicative of the number of miles on the clock. You could have a player of 22 who has more miles up than a 30 year old.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:04 pm

bocerty wrote:Admin - average age is hardly indicative of the number of miles on the clock. You could have a player of 22 who has more miles up than a 30 year old.
The same can be said for all teams not just Armagh.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32

Back to top Go down

Post  bocerty Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:06 pm

I was'nt implying it was specific to Armagh - it was a general statement.
bocerty
bocerty

Tyrone

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 pm

As Jonnos said, the whole Donegal as a crowd of alcos seems to have become embedded in the other 31's minds. It really annoys me. In fact, once I finish this bottle of whiskey I'm going to write a long and witty post on it.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:48 am

bocerty wrote:FFS Samin tyrone players did this and tyrone players did that - thats a bit fecking childish - look what happened in 05 when we lost Canavan and O' Neill and for what.

You tell me what it was for? Was it for any Armagh player diving? from what i remember Canavan was sent of for the same reason as McKeever, being involved in a bit of a skirmish, ONeill was harshly sent off for two yellows. Neither yellow was for an Armagh player feigning injury. Its no coincidence the GAA announced new rules to stamp out the problem of diving after the 2003 final. We ahve had some great battles through the years, only saying the 2003 final was not one of the them. I remember reading an interview on the tue after the final from Mulligan and i quote "i set out to get francie booked as early as possible in the hope that he would ease off a bit". That sort of thing ragged me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down