GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France v Ireland

+7
JimWexford
SamiPremier08
RMDrive
Grenvile
clash-of-da-ash
KerryKatriona
Jayo Cluxton
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

France v Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: France v Ireland

Post  Jayo Cluxton Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

I think take-up is fairly low. Sure they can play the games in the Emirates ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  clash-of-da-ash Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think take-up is fairly low. Sure they can play the games in the Emirates ....

I'd say Semple Stadium would be a good spot for a soccer match, its like one of those european soccer stadiums form the 80's.
clash-of-da-ash
clash-of-da-ash
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

East Galway
Number of posts : 1932

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 pm

dont know that much about rugby but surely almost 2-1 for Ireland to beat france is a great price. Grand slam champions and considering a draw is a very unlikely result in rugby surely its a good price?

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:18 pm

clash-of-da-ash wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:I think take-up is fairly low. Sure they can play the games in the Emirates ....

I'd say Semple Stadium would be a good spot for a soccer match, its like one of those european soccer stadiums form the 80's.

that's be interesting to say the least! I don't think the old place will be up to the standards of soccer Laughing
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2682

Back to top Go down

Post  JimWexford Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:

that's be interesting to say the least! I don't think the old place will be up to the standards of soccer Laughing

What standards does the foreign game have Sami so that Semple should lower itself to allow it to played on it.
JimWexford
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

JimWexford wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:
clash-of-da-ash wrote:

What standards does the foreign game have Sami so that Semple should lower itself to allow it to played on it.

aye Jim, I wouldn't want the game in Semple at all. Just meant that the soccer people would probably turn their noses up at the stadium anyway because it's not all seater, or doesn't sell over-priced burgers, or doesn't have an away end or something
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 am

samin10 wrote:dont know that much about rugby but surely almost 2-1 for Ireland to beat france is a great price. Grand slam champions and considering a draw is a very unlikely result in rugby surely its a good price?

Wouldn't go mental on it but as 2 horse races go Samin its not a bad price.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:56 pm

USELESS!

..oh hang on we just scored....
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  GAA-Fan Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Just awful, its more painful watching this than having a toothache.
GAA-Fan
GAA-Fan
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

All 32
Number of posts : 3377

http://www.globalgaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm

still useless No
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm

Good to see Wayne Barnes still loves the Irish as much as always. Don't get me wrong, France would probably still have beaten us, but Barnes' refusal to referee the offside line has been a joke. Most of Ireland's handling errors have been as a result of the French rush defence, and have had a major factor in the outcome of the game.
The French centres have not only been beyond the back foot of rucks, they usually been beyond the back foot on the Irish side by the time the ball comes out.
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

too many mistakes from Ireland to be frank, a very disappointing and depressing performance.
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:46 pm

JimWexford wrote:What standards does the foreign game have Sami so that Semple should lower itself to allow it to played on it.

Youthful soccerball enthusiast corrected by ever vigilant Wexican here.... France v Ireland - Page 2 Icon_wink
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

Ah cop on here lads. This may be a good thing really. Why the hell should we travel to Paris with expectation? Our media almost made us favourites this time out. Why? Paul O'Connell tasted victory against the French last season for the FIRST time ever! We won there in 2000 - for the first time in 28 years! So we have won ONCE in Paris since 1972!! The French are probably the best team to have never won the World Cup. Even England have won it! Who have put paid to the Kiwis hopes most at the WC? France I reckon.

For a country of 4 million people - very few of whom play rugby - we can be proud of our achievements. But lets not start taking the pi55 and talking about winning the Webb Ellis. This is a good kick up the hole. We are not a bad team and we punch well above our weight.
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Back to top Go down

Post  SamiPremier08 Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:10 am

Boxtyeater wrote:
JimWexford wrote:What standards does the foreign game have Sami so that Semple should lower itself to allow it to played on it.

Youthful soccerball enthusiast corrected by ever vigilant Wexican here.... France v Ireland - Page 2 Icon_wink

read the reply I made to Jim's comment boxty and you'll see what a waste of time your comment was...
SamiPremier08
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:31 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:The French are probably the best team to have never won the World Cup. Even England have won it! Who have put paid to the Kiwis hopes most at the WC? France I reckon.

Jayo, in Dan Carter the Kiwis have easily (in my view) the best player on the planet at the moment, while we have a number 10 that can kick, Carter is the complete article and makes out number 10 look like a schoolboy in comparison, France would be a massive threat to the current Kiwi side again, and by God they must hate the Frogs as much as we do at the moment!

I agree that we are miles away from winning the Webb Ellis but strange things happen in the World Cup, one of the worst sides i've seen in a long long time almost won the last one, so why can't we hope? Granted, i'll only hope after a great 2011 6nations campaign as the WC is lightyears away! I think we'll have players that are too old come the time, but England were a lot older when they won it, a lot of our players will want to exorcise the ghosts of the last WC when they were nothing short of shameful!

Oh, and when England won the WC, they were the best side in the world at the time, i say so as i can appreciate how good they were. Had they not have won, i feel they would have been the greatest side not to win the Webb Ellis, much as it grates me to say it!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  black&white Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm

I see RoG is pretty peeved with Kevin Myers!

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/ogara-letter-to-editor-why-i-refuse-to--be-scapegoated-by-kevin-myers-2070434.html

I read Myer's article, and it was pretty harsh on O'Gara, but I didn't think that it was particularly over the top....
black&white
black&white
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Sligo
Number of posts : 1081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2