Cavan GG News

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 am

Sorry it's not great bit of a rush job with the scanner but sure if it's enough to make the Wexican believe then it'll do rightly!

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  JimWexford on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 am

so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat
avatar
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2017

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:52 am

JimWexford wrote:so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat

Rome wasn't built in a day ........ from small acorns ..... etc, etc.

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Real Kerry Fan on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Great post RKF!!! Did you announce yourself as the advance GT touring party? Were they impressed with our support? Onwards and upwards for the men in blue!

ps You owe me a pint!

No Jayo not at first but when the conversation moved on I admitted being a contributor. Had a good crack with the lads in the pub and the good lady behind the bar that produced the drinks(missus included)Will buy you the pint Jayo but not the vodka
avatar
Real Kerry Fan
GAA All Star
GAA All Star

Kerry
Number of posts : 1398

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 pm

JimWexford wrote:so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat

It takes a few Galls' boyos for to get the Gaels lads bothered about playing Antrim. Sadly they weren't around so the lads weren't fired up for it..

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  JimWexford on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Jonsmith wrote:
JimWexford wrote:so we are hopping on a bandwagon after the Roscommon victory, and what is our view after the Antrim defeat

It takes a few Galls' boyos for to get the Gaels lads bothered about playing Antrim. Sadly they weren't around so the lads weren't fired up for it..
You are trying to reel me back in with that line. Because a few club players where not playing the Cavan county side couldn't be bothered to try and win a game.
I'm beginning to become entrenched in my current viewpoint as regards softening up and letting the Kingspan crowd clad over the cracks
avatar
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2017

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  scoopmine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:38 pm

Cavan for Sam!
avatar
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 281
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 pm

scoopmine wrote:Cavan for Sam!

Hey Scoop - we will be looking for any scoops you might have to help us in our support!

Breffni AbĂș!

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  scoopmine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Think we need all the help we can get!
avatar
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 281
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  JimWexford on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 pm

scoopmine wrote:Think we need all the help we can get!
A statement at last i can agree with
avatar
JimWexford
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Wexford
Number of posts : 2017

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:05 am

Lads - what are our chances in the short trip across to Louth next time out. Will the Wee Men be a bit sore about losing the O'Byrne to a group of students or will they be all out to put it right? I might traipse up to this one and get me first sighting.

ps Where are all the Post readers that they didn't join up with us???

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jonsmith on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 am

They can go there and get a result surely.. Givney apparently played a stormer in the Under 21 match against Derry, he'll have more Marks than a butcher's chopping block against Louth. Mickey Lyng will want to make it 2 in a row against the Wee County and I'd say Carr will let Cullivan off the leash to make sure of things..

I'd say the lack of new posters is because it was released after a loss. A few people had rooms booked in the City-West after the Roscommon game and then took the hump after the Antrim defeat..

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  RMDrive on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:29 am

Jonsmith wrote:They can go there and get a result surely.. Givney apparently played a stormer in the Under 21 match against Derry, he'll have more Marks than a butcher's chopping block against Louth. Mickey Lyng will want to make it 2 in a row against the Wee County and I'd say Carr will let Cullivan off the leash to make sure of things..

I'd say the lack of new posters is because it was released after a loss. A few people had rooms booked in the City-West after the Roscommon game and then took the hump after the Antrim defeat..

avatar
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3126
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  mullins on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:46 am

Jayo Cluxton wrote:Lads - what are our chances in the short trip across to Louth next time out. Will the Wee Men be a bit sore about losing the O'Byrne to a group of students or will they be all out to put it right? I might traipse up to this one and get me first sighting.

ps Where are all the Post readers that they didn't join up with us???

They usally arrive when their winning- By the time september comes you will be over ran with them.........Don't Stop Beliving
avatar
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2962

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

RMDrive wrote:
Jonsmith wrote:They can go there and get a result surely.. Givney apparently played a stormer in the Under 21 match against Derry, he'll have more Marks than a butcher's chopping block against Louth. Mickey Lyng will want to make it 2 in a row against the Wee County and I'd say Carr will let Cullivan off the leash to make sure of things..

I'd say the lack of new posters is because it was released after a loss. A few people had rooms booked in the City-West after the Roscommon game and then took the hump after the Antrim defeat..


He would want to catch a few or break it, he was poor against Antrim.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jonsmith on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:01 pm

He was grand against Antrim. One of the better players in a team that played very poorly on the night. He is still Under 21 and he is the best fielder of a ball we have on that senior team. By a long shot. Why did you choose the name cavan4ever? So you could be eternally pessimistic about them? Suspect

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Lads I am confused now. Are we gonna do Louth or not?

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  SamiPremier08 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 pm

why the heck does GT have an official team anyway?
avatar
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2683

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:why the heck does GT have an official team anyway?

And what exactly is the problem here, angry young man?

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  SamiPremier08 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Jayo Cluxton wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:why the heck does GT have an official team anyway?

And what exactly is the problem here, angry young man?

nothing I was just wondering what the point is
avatar
SamiPremier08
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Tipperary
Number of posts : 2683

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  bald eagle on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:09 pm

SamiPremier08 wrote:
Jayo Cluxton wrote:
SamiPremier08 wrote:why the heck does GT have an official team anyway?

And what exactly is the problem here, angry young man?

nothing I was just wondering what the point is

Just because, that's why.........OK?!?!?!?!?

_________________
Follow our Twitter feed @Global_GAA

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2764

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:19 am

Jonsmith wrote:He was grand against Antrim. One of the better players in a team that played very poorly on the night. He is still Under 21 and he is the best fielder of a ball we have on that senior team. By a long shot. Why did you choose the name cavan4ever? So you could be eternally pessimistic about them?

I think the jury is still out on him, we have had alot of young talent that have being blown up as the next big things over the years and havent delivered or being consistent enough in a blue jersey.

No matter what name anyone has they are entitled to call it as they see it and what i see is an average/poor team with no leaders.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Dougal on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

givney has the potential to be a class act in a few years.between last year and this year he has made a big improvement.whether he'll be able to keep up this rate of improvement,i doubt it,junior club team,poor cavan team,and a county that that cant get players to make the jump from u21 to senior.
avatar
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 290
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jayo Cluxton on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 pm

I hope all are aware that your membership here entitles you to ex-officio membership of the Breffni Bandwagon ...... coming to a stadium near you!!

_________________
"It's a great thing to meet great men but the greatest thing about meeting great men is when they do not see themselves as great men." - Carl Jung (Leitrim)
avatar
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13292

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Jonsmith on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am

Nicholas Walsh is out for the Wee clash. Odds on a Breffni win slashed as a result. Neutral

_________________
Don't ever wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
avatar
Jonsmith
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Cavan
Number of posts : 2367

Back to top Go down

Re: Cavan GG News

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum