GAA Tipster
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst town in Ireland

+12
RMDrive
mugsys_barber
Boxtyeater
patrique
rich dublin
Shinners
redhandman
black&white
bocerty
KerryKatriona
johnnos bulls
Jayo Cluxton
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst town in Ireland

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:The Green Rooster, then under the captaincy of Jim Cusack. Still in the family and a noble enough spot for pints.

Aye there's always a noble spot for pints Boxty - even in the darkest hoor of a place!!
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Ratoath.

Back to top Go down

Post  mugsys_barber Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Sorry Pat, but I'm going to have to say Antrim town gets my vote.
mugsys_barber
mugsys_barber
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Tyrone
Number of posts : 550

Back to top Go down

Post  RMDrive Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Bundoran, Strabane, Rathkeale, Ballina, Bushmills, Dublin.
RMDrive
RMDrive
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Donegal
Number of posts : 3117

Back to top Go down

Post  mullins Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Boxtyeater wrote:
bocerty wrote:

is that why the turn the Christmas lights on at the end of August???????????

Mohill, Co.Leitrim is the outstanding selection in this category. It's retail center hasn't changed or received a lick of paint in my memory. The 4 publicans in Glebe St. couldn't agree in whose pub the Christmas lights would be plugged into last year, leaving the entire kip bereft of any lights. (I did it last year, there's a grandchild in mine and she won't sleep etc.)
The inherent problem is that these fookers are established there lifetimes and have the moola made.
The town also possesses a right few ne'er do wells who are before the courts on a monthly basis. One lad when up last month on his 85th disorder charge (his mother pleaded with the Judge to sent him away to hell) had a curfew imposed on him, banning him from the town between 6pm and 6am.
That night he was in the middle of the Main St. with a traffic cone on his head roaring at the Guards at 2 in the morning. Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Affraid

Dubs you can't let them out of the city they go wild Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Icon_monkey
mullins
mullins
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Dublin
Number of posts : 2954

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 am

1. Granard

2. Bundoran
3. Strabane
4. Clones
5. Newtownbutler
6. Cootehill
7. Lurgan
8. Fermoy
9. Kells
10.Lifford

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 am

AnMhí7 wrote:Ratoath.

Agreed, a complete hole! Lived there for a few months, even joined the local club and was a star with them as a ringer, shortly after that i moved to work in Kildare and won a U-21 Hurling Championship there under my mates name.

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire
Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 am

bald eagle wrote:

Agreed, a complete hole! Lived there for a few months, even joined the local club and was a star with them as a ringer, shortly after that i moved to work in Kildare and won a U-21 Hurling Championship there under my mates name.

Although Ryans used to be a good spot for a steak, pint bottle and a few bets on the horses.

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 am

Ruanua wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Although Ryans used to be a good spot for a steak, pint bottle and a few bets on the horses.

This is true, very true in fact! What more would you want from an establishment?

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I don't know what I'd clasify as the 'worst' but Granard is one place I absolutely despise spending time in. The church in it reminds me of one of those Stalinist era towers looking down on all the people. Spooky!

The same goes for Ballyragget (correct spelling?) on Kilkenny/ Laois border, Clonmellon, Kinneegad, Delvin, New Ross, Templemore and the long meandering, constantly dull,dreary and raining hole of a place Balinasloe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

bald eagle wrote:
Ruanua wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

This is true, very true in fact! What more would you want from an establishment?

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Ruanua wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
Ruanua wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

I'd prefer if all pubs were like the the ones you see in the old style westerns, were you can have a shot of whiskey downstairs then go upstairs and sho................enough said i think!!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Be

A bath and a shave and a few honky Tonk pianos ??

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 pm

i cant stand granard,have never stopped in it,and never want to,just passing through it is bad enough.
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Ruanua wrote:Be

A bath and a shave and a few honky Tonk pianos ??

Exactly Rua!!!

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 pm

bald eagle wrote:

Horrible horrible place! I hate it! Can't wait to play them again soon... make sure a few girls won't be wearing a skirt for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post  patrique Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 pm

mugsys_barber wrote:Sorry Pat, but I'm going to have to say Antrim town gets my vote.

Two castles, oldest practising court house in Ireland, two battle sites, biggest lough in Europe, a ROUND TOWER, scenic walks along the river and lough, wonderful views from Donegore, a paradise.

And......it has one street and a population of nearly 30,000 now.
patrique
patrique
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Antrim
Number of posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Dougal Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 pm

patrique wrote:
mugsys_barber wrote:Sorry Pat, but I'm going to have to say Antrim town gets my vote.

Two castles, oldest practising court house in Ireland, two battle sites, biggest lough in Europe, a ROUND TOWER, scenic walks along the river and lough, wonderful views from Donegore, a paradise.

so what your saying,is,it's a boring dull town full of delusional people?
Dougal
Dougal
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayo Cluxton Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 am

patrique wrote:

Great sell P ............ and seals Mugsy's nomination too ....
Jayo Cluxton
Jayo Cluxton
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Number of posts : 13273

Back to top Go down

Post  Boxtyeater Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:59 am

Mohill.....see Fenagh thread....Boxty and associates meandered down the main drag Tuesday night - Boxty and Brother (on holidays) accompanied by a lock of cousins surveyed the remnants of what was once a fine town back in the 50's.
Boarded up buildings, litter, rubbish, hoodie wearing tykes seeking fags from "opulent looking, suited tycoons" Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Icon_mad Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Suspect

Rewiewing my assorted compadres, I opted for a well known and popular (if not the Ritz boozer)....empty... Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Icon_eek

Mercifully, it having been on our Wren-Boy day outing on Lá le Stiópháin, and being a distant cousin of Boxty's, she welcomed our small entourage with open arms and the phrase that will live a long time with me "Begod Boxty, ye're crowd saved our Christmas"...7 sponsored pints followed before about 7 hours later, Boxty's Bro said "lock this fookin town up"*

*Or words to that effect"
Boxtyeater
Boxtyeater
GAA Elite
GAA Elite

Leitrim
Number of posts : 6922

Back to top Go down

Post  scoopmine Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Kells is not a nice town at all! Wouldnt be a fan of oldcastle either...
scoopmine
scoopmine
GAA Minor
GAA Minor

Cavan
Number of posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  bald eagle Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:07 pm

patrique wrote:

Do many of those people work Pat? I'd say by the looks of some people from the town that i've seen i'd say the gene pool is very tight!!! Worst town in Ireland - Page 2 Affraid

bald eagle
GAA Hero
GAA Hero

Doire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2